The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih) Empty
PostSubject: Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih)   Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Hadith Number 226.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."

Hadith Number 227.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar’s (Radhi Allahu Anhu) Caliphate." 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) one night in Ramadan to the Masjid and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

Hadith Number 228.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): (The wife of the Prophet) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to pray (at night) in Ramadan.

Hadith Number 229.

Narrated by 'Urwa: That he was informed by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the Masjid and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the Masjid was full with a large number of people. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Masjid was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashahhud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually)."

Hadith Number 230.

Narrated by Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman: That he asked 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) "How was the prayer of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven Rakat in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four Rakat... let alone their beauty and length... and then he would pray four... let alone their beauty and length... and then he would pray three Rakat (Witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Messenger! Do you sleep before praying the Witr?' He replied, 'O 'Aishah! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."

Hadith Number 231.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."

Hadith Number 232.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Some men amongst the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) were shown in their dreams that the night of Qadr was in the last seven nights of Ramadan. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "It seems that all your dreams agree that (the Night of Qadr) is in the last seven nights, and whoever wants to search for it (i.e. the Night of Qadr) should search in the last seven (nights of Ramadan)."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih)   Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih) EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:20 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 233.

Narrated by Abu Salama: I asked Abu Sa'id (Radhi Allahu Anhu), and he was a friend of mine, (about the Night of Qadr) and he said, "We practiced I’tikaf (seclusion in the Masjid) in the middle third of the month of Ramadan with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). In the morning of the 20th of Ramadan, the Prophet came and addressed us and said, 'I was informed of (the date of the Night of Qadr) but I was caused to forget it; so search for it in the odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. (In the dream) I saw myself prostrating in mud and water (as a sign). So, whoever was in I’tikaf with me should return to it with me (for another 10-day's period)', and we returned. At that time there was no sign of clouds in the sky but suddenly a cloud came and it rained till rain-water started leaking through the roof of the Masjid which was made of date-palm leaf stalks. Then the prayer was established and I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) prostrating in mud and water and I saw the traces of mud on his forehead."

Hadith Number 234.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Search for the Night of Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan."

Hadith Number 235.

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to practice I’tikaf (in the mosque) in the middle third of Ramadan and after passing the twenty nights he used to go back to his house on the 21st, and the people who were in I’tikaf with him also used to go back to their houses. Once in Ramadan, in which he practiced I’tikaf, he established the night prayers at the night in which he used to return home, and then he addressed the people and ordered them whatever Allah wished him to order and said, "I used to practice I’tikaf for these ten days (i.e. the middle 113rd but now I intend to stay in Itikaf for the last ten days (of the month); so whoever was in I’tikaf with me should stay at his place of seclusion. I have verily been shown (the date of) this Night (of Qadr) but I have forgotten it. So search for it in the odd nights of the last ten days (of this month). I also saw myself (in the dream) prostrating in mud and water." On the night of the 21st, the sky was covered with clouds and it rained, and the rain-water started leaking through the roof of the mosque at the praying place of the Prophet. I saw with my own eyes the Prophet at the completion of the morning prayer leaving with his face covered with mud and water.

Hadith Number 236.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Look for (the Night of Qadr)."

Hadith Number 237.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to practice I’tikaf in the last ten nights of Ramadan and used to say, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan."

Hadith Number 238.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet said, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of Ramadan, on the night when nine or seven or five nights remain out of the last ten nights of Ramadan (i.e. 21, 23, 25, respectively)."

Hadith Number 239.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The Night of Qadr is in the last ten nights of the month (Ramadan), either on the first nine or in the last (remaining) seven nights (of Ramadan)." Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) added, "Search for it on the twenty-fourth (of Ramadan)."

Hadith Number 240.

Narrated by 'Ubada bin As-Samit (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out to inform us about the Night of Qadr but two Muslims were quarrelling with each other. So, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I came out to inform you about the Night of Qadr but such-and-such persons were quarrelling, so the news about it had been taken away; yet that might be for your own good, so search for it on the 29th, 27th and 25th (of Ramadan).

Hadith Number 241.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work hard) and used to pray all the night, and used to keep his family awake for the prayers.

Book Thirty Two - Book on Praying at Night in Ramadan (Tarawih) Specia10
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1