The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) Empty
PostSubject: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Volume Two

Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)

Hadith Number 001.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)."

Hadith Number 002.

Narrated by ‘Abdullah bin Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Anyone of you attending the Friday (prayers) should take a bath."

Hadith Number 003.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): While Umar bin Al-Khattab was standing and delivering the sermon on a Friday, one of the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), who was one of the foremost Muhajirs (emigrants) came. 'Umar said to him, "What is the time now?" He replied, "I was busy and could not go back to my house till I heard the Adhan. I did not perform more than the ablution." Thereupon 'Umar said to him, "Did you perform only the ablution although you know that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to order us to take a bath (on Fridays)?"

Hadith Number 004.

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The taking of a bath on Friday is compulsory for every male (Muslim) who has attained the age of puberty."

Hadith Number 005.

Narrated by Abu Said (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I testify that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The taking of a bath on Friday is compulsory for every male Muslim who has attained the age of puberty and (also) the cleaning of his teeth with Siwak, and the using of perfume if it is available." Amr (a sub-narrator) said, "I confirm that the taking of a bath is compulsory, but as for the Siwak and the using of perfume, Allah knows better whether it is obligatory or not, but according to the Hadith it is as above.")

Hadith Number 006.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah's cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutbah), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutbah."

Hadith Number 007.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : While 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab) (Radhi Allahu Anhu) was delivering the Khutbah on a Friday, a man entered (the mosque). 'Umar asked him, "What has detained you from the prayer?" The man said, "It was only that when I heard the Adhan I performed ablution (for the prayer)." On that 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "Did you not hear the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying: 'Anyone of you going out for the Jumu’ah prayer should take a bath'?".

Hadith Number 008.

Narrated by Salman-Al-Farsi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumu’ah prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutbah, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Last edited by Zaza on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 009.

Narrated by Tawus: I said to Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "The people are narrating that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'Take a bath on Friday and wash your heads (i.e. take a thorough bath) even though you were not Junub and use perfume'." On that Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) replied, "I know about the bath, (i.e. it is essential) but I do not know about the perfume (i.e. whether it is essential or not.)"

Hadith Number 010.

Narrated by Tawus (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) mentioned the statement of the Prophet regarding the taking of a bath on Friday and then I asked him whether the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had ordered perfume or (hair) oil to be used if they could be found in one's house. He (Ibn 'Abbas) replied that he did not know about it.

Hadith Number 011.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) : Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) saw a silken cloak (being sold) at the gate of the Mosque and said to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), "I wish you would buy this to wear on Fridays and also on occasions of the arrivals of the delegations." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "This will be worn by a person who will have no share (reward) in the Hereafter." Later on similar cloaks were given to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he gave one of them to 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu). On that 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "O Allah's Messenger! You have given me this cloak although on the cloak of Atarid (a cloak merchant who was selling that silken cloak at the gate of the mosque) you passed such and such a remark." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "I have not given you this to wear". And so 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) gave it to his pagan brother in Makkah to wear.

Hadith Number 012.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : Allah's Apostle said, "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak for every prayer."

Hadith Number 013.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) “ I said, "I have told you repeatedly to (use) the Siwak. (The Prophet put emphasis on the use of the Siwak.)"

Hadith Number 014.

Narrated by Hudhaifa (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up at night (for the night prayer), he used to clean his mouth.

Hadith Number 015.

Narrated by 'Aisha (Radhi Allahu Anha): Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) came holding a Siwak with which he was cleaning his teeth. Allah's Apostle looked at him. I requested Abdur-Rahman to give the Siwak to me and after he gave it to me I divided it, chewed it and gave it to Allah's Apostle. Then he cleaned his teeth with it and (at that time) he was resting against my chest.

Hadith Number 016.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to recite the following in the Fajr prayer of Friday, "Alif, Lam, Mim, Tanzil" (Surat-as-Sajda #32) and "Hal-ata-ala-l-Insani" (i.e. Surah-Ad-Dahr #76).

Hadith Number 017.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The first Jumu’ah prayer which was offered after a Jumu’ah prayer offered at the mosque of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) took place in the mosque of the tribe of 'Abdul Qais at Jawathi in Bahrain.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:31 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 018.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "All of you are Guardians." Yunis said: Ruzaiq bin Hukaim wrote to Ibn Shihab while I was with him at Wadi-al-Qura saying, "Shall I lead the Jumu’ah prayer?" Ruzaiq was working on the land (i.e farming) and there was a group of Sudanese people and some others with him; Ruzaiq was then the Governor of Aila. Ibn Shihab wrote (to Ruzaiq) ordering him to lead the Jumua prayer and telling him that Salim told him that 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) had said, "I heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, 'All of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and the things under your care. The Imam (i.e. ruler) is the guardian of his subjects and is responsible for them and a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for them. A woman is the guardian of her husband's house and is responsible for it. A servant is the guardian of his master's belongings and is responsible for them.' I thought that he also said, 'A man is the guardian of his father's property and is responsible for it. All of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and the things under your care."

Hadith Number 019.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "Anyone of you coming for the Jumu’ah prayer should take a bath."

Hadith Number 020.

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The taking of a bath on Friday is compulsory for every Muslim who has attained the age of puberty."

Hadith Number 021.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : Allah's Apostle said "We are the last (to come amongst the nations) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection. They were given the Holy Scripture before us and we were given the Qur’an after them. And this was the day (Friday) about which they differed and Allah gave us the guidance (for that). So tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) is the Jews' (day), and the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday) is the Christians'." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) remained silent (for a while) and then said, "It is obligatory for every Muslim that he should take a bath once in seven days, when he should wash his head and body." Narrated Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) through different narrators that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "It is Allah's right on every Muslim that he should take a bath (at least) once in seven days."

Hadith Number 022.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Allow women to go to the Mosques at night."

Hadith Number 023.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): One of the wives of Umar (bin Al-Khattab) used to offer the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayer in congregation in the Mosque. She was asked why she had come out for the prayer as she knew that Umar disliked it, and he has great ghaira (self-respect). She replied, "What prevents him from stopping me from this act?" The other replied, "The statement of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam): 'Do not stop Allah's women-slave from going to Allah s Mosques' prevents him."

Hadith Number 024.

Narrated by Muhammad bin Sirin: On a rainy day Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said to his Muadhdhin, "After saying, 'Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah' (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle), do not say 'Haiya 'Alas-Salat' (come for the prayer) but say 'Pray in your houses'." (The man did so). But the people disliked it. Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "It was done by one who was much better than I (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) No doubt, the Jumu’ah prayer is compulsory but I dislike to put you to task by bringing you out walking in mud and slush."

Hadith Number 025.

Narrated by 'Aisha (Radhi Allahu Anha): (The wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) The people used to come from their abodes and from Al-'Awali (i.e. outskirts of Al-Madinah up to a distance of four miles or more from Al-Madinah). They used to pass through dust and used to be drenched with sweat and covered with dust; so sweat used to trickle from them. One of them came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who was in my house. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "I wish that you keep yourself clean on this day of yours (i.e. take a bath)."

Hadith Number 026.

Narrated by Yahya bin Said: I asked 'Amra about taking a bath on Fridays. She replied, "'Aisha (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, 'The people used to work (for their livelihood) and whenever they went for the Jumu’ah prayer, they used to go to the mosque in the same shape as they had been in work. So they were asked to take a bath on Friday.' "

Hadith Number 027.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to offer the Jumu’ah prayer immediately after mid-day.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 028.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : We used to offer the Jumua prayer early and then have an afternoon nap.

Hadith Number 029.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to offer the prayer earlier if it was very cold; and if it was very hot he used to delay the prayer, i.e. the Jumu'ah prayer.

Hadith Number 030.

Narrated by Abu 'Abs (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "Anyone whose feet are covered with dust in Allah's cause, shall be saved by Allah from the Hell-Fire."

Hadith Number 031.

Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "If the prayer is started do not run for it but just walk for it calmly and pray whatever you get, and complete whatever is missed."

Hadith Number 032.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Abi Qatada: On the authority of his father... The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do not stand up (for prayer) unless you see me, and observe calmness and solemnity".

Hadith Number 033.

Narrated by Salman Al-Farsi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Anyone who takes a bath on Friday and cleans himself as much as he can and puts oil (on his hair) or scents himself; and then proceeds for the prayer and does not force his way between two persons (assembled in the mosque for the Friday prayer), and prays as much as is written for him and remains quiet when the Imam delivers the Khutbah, all his sins in between the present and the last Friday will be forgiven."

Hadith Number 034.

Narrated by Ibn Juraij: I heard Nazi' saying, "Ibn Umar, (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, 'The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) forbade that a man should make another man to get up to sit in his place' ". I said to Nafi', 'Is it for Jumu'ah prayer only?' He replied, "For Jumu'ah prayer and any other (prayer)."

Hadith Number 035.

Narrated by As-Saib bin Yazid: In the life-time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), Abu Bakr and Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), the Adhan for the Jumuah prayer used to be pronounced when the Imam sat on the pulpit. But during the Caliphate of 'Uthman (Radhi Allahu Anhu) when the Muslims increased in number, a third Adhan at Az-Zaura' was added. Abu 'Abdullah said, "Az-Zaura' is a place in the market of Medina."

Hadith Number 036.

Narrated by As-Saib bin Yazid : The person who increased the number of Adhans for the Jumu'ah prayers to three was Uthman bin Affan (Radhi Allahu Anhu) and it was when the number of the (Muslim) people of Medina had increased. In the life-time of the Prophet there was only one Muadhdhin and the Adhan used to be pronounced only after the Imam had taken his seat (i.e. on the pulpit).

Hadith Number 037.

Narrated by Abu Umama bin Sahl bin Hunaif : I heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan (Radhi Allahu Anhu) (repeating the statements of the Adhan) while he was sitting on the pulpit. When the Muadhdhin pronounced the Adhan saying, "Allahu-Akbar, Allahu Akbar", Muawiya said: "Allah Akbar, Allahu Akbar." And when the Muadhdhin said, "Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal-lah (I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)", Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When he said, "Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah" (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle), Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When the Adhan was finished, Muawiya said, "O people, when the Muadhdhin pronounced the Adhan I heard Allah's Apostle on this very pulpit saying what you have just heard me saying".
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 038.

Narrated by As-Sa'ib bin Yazid (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : 'Uthman bin 'Affan (Radhi Allahu Anhu) introduced the second Adhan on Fridays when the number of the people in the mosque increased. Previously the Adhan on Fridays used to be pronounced only after the Imam had taken his seat (on the pulpit).

Hadith Number 039.

Narrated by Az-Zuhri : I heard As-Saib bin Yazid, saying, "In the life-time of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), and Abu Bakr and Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), the Adhan for the Jumu'ah prayer used to be pronounced after the Imam had taken his seat on the pulpit. But when the people increased in number during the caliphate of 'Uthman (Radhi Allahu Anhu), he introduced a third Adhan (on Friday for the Jumu'ah prayer) and it was pronounced at Az-Zaura' and that new state of affairs remained so in the succeeding years.

Hadith Number 040.

Narrated by Abu Hazim bin Dinar : Some people went to Sahl bin Sad As-Sa'idi (Radhi Allahu Anhu) and told him that they had different opinions regarding the wood of the pulpit. They asked him about it and he said, "By Allah, I know of what wood the pulpit was made, and no doubt I saw it on the very first day when Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) I took his seat on it. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent for such and such an Ansari woman (and Sahl mentioned her name) and said to her, 'Order your slave-carpenter to prepare for me some pieces of wood (i.e. pulpit) on which I may sit at the time of addressing the people.' So she ordered her slave-carpenter and he made it from the tamarisk of the forest and brought it (to the woman). The woman sent that (pulpit) to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who ordered it to be placed here. Then I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) praying on it and then bowed on it. Then he stepped back, got down and prostrated on the ground near the foot of the pulpit and again ascended the pulpit. After finishing the prayer he faced the people and said, 'I have done this so that you may follow me and learn the way I pray.'"

Hadith Number 041.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to stand by a stem of a date-palm tree (while delivering a sermon). When the pulpit was placed for him we heard that stem crying like a pregnant she-camel till the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got down from the pulpit and placed his hand over it.

Hadith Number 042.

Narrated by Salim: My father said, "I heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delivering the Khutbah on the pulpit and he said, 'Whoever comes for the Jumu'ah prayer should take a bath (before coming).'"

Hadith Number 043.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to deliver the Khutbah while standing and then he would sit, then stand again as you do now-a-days.

Hadith Number 044.

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): One day the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sat on the pulpit and we sat around him.

Hadith Number 045.

Narrated by 'Amr bin Taghlib (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Some property or something was brought to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he distributed it. He gave to some men and ignored the others. Later he got the news of his being admonished by those whom he had ignored. So he glorified and praised Allah and said, "Amma ba'du. By Allah, I may give to a man and ignore another, although the one whom I ignore is more beloved to me than the one whom I give. But I give to some people as I feel that they have no patience and no contentment in their hearts and I leave those who are patient and self-contented with the goodness and wealth which Allah has put into their hearts and 'Amr bin Taghlib is one of them." Amr added, By Allah! Those words of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) are more beloved to me than the best red camels.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 046.

Narrated by 'Aisha (Radhi Allahu Anha): Once in the middle of the night Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went out and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed with him. The next morning the people spoke about it and so more people gathered and prayed with him (in the second night). They circulated the news in the morning, and so, on the third night the number of people increased greatly. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out and they prayed behind him. On the fourth night the mosque was overwhelmed by the people till it could not accommodate them. Allah's Apostle came out only for the Fajr prayer and when he finished the prayer, he faced the people and recited "Tashahhud" (I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is His Apostle), and then said, "Amma ba'du. Verily your presence (in the mosque at night) was not hidden from me, but I was afraid that this prayer (Prayer of Tahajjud) might be made compulsory and you might not be able to carry it out."

Hadith Number 047.

Narrated by Abu Hummaid As-Sa'idi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): One night Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stood up after the prayer and recited "Tashahhud" and then praised Allah as He deserved and said, "Amma ba'du."

Hadith Number 048.

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama : Once Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up for delivering the Khutbah and I heard him after "Tashahhud" saying "Amma ba'du."

Hadith Number 049.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ascended the pulpit and it was the last gathering in which he took part. He was covering his shoulder with a big cloak and binding his head with an oily bandage. He glorified and praised Allah and said, "O people! Come to me." So the people came and gathered around him and he then said, "Amma ba'du." "From now onward the Ansar will decrease and other people will increase. So anybody who becomes a ruler of the followers of Muhammad and has the power to harm or benefit people then he should accept the good from the benevolent amongst them (Ansar) and overlook the faults of their wrong-doers."

Hadith Number 050.

Narrated by 'Abdullah Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to deliver two Khutbahs and sit in between them.

Hadith Number 051.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutbah."

Hadith Number 052.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A person entered the Masjid while the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was delivering the Khutbah on a Friday. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "Have you prayed?" The man replied in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Get up and pray two Rakat."

Hadith Number 053.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A man entered the Masjid while the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was delivering the Khutbah. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "Have you prayed?" The man replied in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Pray two Rakat."

Hadith Number 054.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): While the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was delivering the Khutbah on a Friday, a man stood up and said, "O, Allah's Messenger! The livestock and the sheep are dying, so pray to Allah for rain." So he (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) raised both his hands and invoked Allah (for it).

Hadith Number 055.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once in the lifetime of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) the people were afflicted with drought (famine). While the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was delivering the Khutbah on a Friday, a Bedouin stood up and said, "O, Allah's Messenger! Our possessions are being destroyed and the children are hungry; Please invoke Allah (for rain)". So the Prophet raised his hands. At that time there was not a trace of cloud in the sky. By Him in Whose Hands my soul is as soon as he lowered his hands, clouds gathered like mountains, and before he got down from the pulpit, I saw the rain falling on the beard of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). It rained that day, the next day, the third day, the fourth day till the next Friday. The same Bedouin or another man stood up and said, "O Allah's Messenger! The houses have collapsed, our possessions and livestock have been drowned; Please invoke Allah (to protect us)". So the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) I raised both his hands and said, "O Allah! Round about us and not on us". So, in whatever direction he pointed with his hands, the clouds dispersed and cleared away, and Al-Madinah’s (sky) became clear as a hole in between the clouds. The valley of Qanat remained flooded, for one month, none came from outside but talked about the abundant rain.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 056.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When the Imam is delivering the Khutbah, and you ask your companion to keep quiet and listen, then no doubt you have done an evil act."

Hadith Number 057.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) talked about Friday and said, "There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands.

Hadith Number 058.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): While we were praying (Jumu'ah Khutbah & prayer) with the Prophet ((Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) some camels loaded with food, arrived (from Sham.~ The people diverted their attention towards the camels (and left the Masjid), and only twelve persons remained with the Prophet. So this verse was revealed: "But when they see some bargain or some amusement, they disperse headlong to it, And leave you standing." (Surah Al-Jumu'ah 62: 11)

Hadith Number 059.

Narrated by ‘Abdullah bin Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to pray two Rakat before the Dhuhr prayer and two Rakat after it. He also used to pray two Rakat after the Maghrib prayer in his house, and two Rakat after the 'Isha' prayer. He never prayed after Jumu'ah prayer till he departed (from the Masjid), and then he would pray two Rakat at home.

Hadith Number 060.

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad (Radhi Allahu Anhu): There was a woman amongst us who had a farm and she used to sow Silq (a kind of vegetable) on the edges of streams in her farm. On Fridays she used to pull out the Silq from its roots and put the roots in a utensil. Then she would put a handful of powdered barley over it and cook it. The roots of the Silq were a substitute for meat. After finishing the Jumu'ah prayer we used to greet her and she would give us that food which we would eat with our hands, and because of that meal, we used to look forward to Friday.

Hadith Number 061.

Narrated by Sahl (Radhi Allahu Anhu): As above with the addition: We never had an afternoon nap nor meals except after offering the Jumu'ah prayer.

Hadith Number 062.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We used to offer the Jumu'ah prayer early and then have the afternoon nap.

Hadith Number 063.

Narrated by Sahl (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We used to offer the Jumu'ah prayer with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and then take the afternoon nap.

Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) Specia11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)   Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah) Empty

Back to top Go down

Volume Two - Book Thirteen – Friday Prayer (Jumu'ah)
Page 1 of 1