The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 1:55 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 183

Inducement towards the Recitation of some
Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an

Hadith 1009

Abu Sa`id Ar-Rafi` bin Al-Mu`alla radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the Masjid?''  

Then he Sallalahu aleihi wa, took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"It is `Alhamdulillah  Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surah Al-Fatihah) which is As- Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft-repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Allah the Almighty says:

"And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al-Mathani (the seven repeatedly recited Ayah), (i.e., Surah Al-Fatihah) and the Grand Qur'an.'' (15:87).

This Hadith is an elaboration of the Quranic Ayah quoted above. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa held that As-Sab` Al-Mathani is Surah Al-Fatihah (the Opening Chapter) because these seven Ayat are recited not only in every Salat but in every Rak`ah of every Salat for the reason that no Salat is valid without the recitation of this Surah, as is evident from the saying of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa

"The Salat of that person who has not recited Surah Al-Fatihah is void.''

It has also been regarded as the greatest Surah of the Qur'an as it covers all the objects of the Qur'an and is a condensation of all the subjects which have been discussed in detail in its other Surah. It includes the belief in the Tauhid (the belief in the Oneness of Allah), the worship of Allah, the Day of Resurrection, promise (of Jannah) and warning (against Hell-fire), instances of the pious and impious people of the past communities, and the lessons their conduct has for others. Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi have reported a Hadith in which the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Alhamdulillah  Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) is Umm-ul-Qur'an that is its origin, basis and essence".

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1010

Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu reported about Surah Al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112): The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an.''

According to another version, he Sallalahu aleihi wa said to his Companions,

"Is anyone of you incapable of reciting one-third of the Qur'an in one night?''

They considered it burdensome and said: "O Messenger of Allah, which of us can afford to do that?'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Surah Al-Ikhlas [Say: He is Allah (the) One] is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an.''[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: One reading of Surah Al-Ikhlas has return and reward equal to the recitation of one-third of the Qur'an. This Surah mentions the Oneness of Allah. This is enough to make one realize how much Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala likes the recitation and remembrance of His Oneness. This is the reason, He has declared Shirk (polytheism) an absolutely unpardonable sin.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:21 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1011

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu reported: A man heard another reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas repeatedly. The next morning he came to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa and informed him about it as if he considered it to be of little reward. On that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, this Surah is equal to one-third of the Qur'an.'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: "Yataqalluha'' means he thought that its recitation had no special merits. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa clarified his misunderstanding by elucidating its eminence.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1010  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1012

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Surah Ikhlas is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an.'' [Muslim].

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1010  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:29 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1013

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love Surah-Al-Ikhlas [Say: He is Allah, (the) One].'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Your love for it will admit you to Jannah.'' [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary:
Some scholars have highlighted the eminence of Surah Al-Ikhlas by saying that it comprises the whole discipline of Tauhid. This Surah deals with Tauhid. Many other reasons have also been given for its great eminence by Muslim scholars.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:33 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1014

Uqbah bin `Amir radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Do you not know that last night certain Ayat were revealed the like of which there is no precedence. They are: `Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Rabb of the daybreak' (Surah 113), and `Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Rabb of mankind' (Surah 114).'' [Muslim].

Commentary: "Alam tara'' means "Have not you seen?'' or "Are you not aware?'' "There is no precedence'' means that there is no other complete Surah in the Qur'an on this subject, except these two. For this reason these two Surah are called (Al-Mu`awwidhatain) which means two Surah which we use to seek Allah's protection.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1013  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:37 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1015

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to seek protection against the evil of jinn and the evil eyes till Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah's protection and left everything besides them. [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: Like men, Jinn have also good and bad elements among them. Almighty Allah has endowed them with such power that if they want they can, with the Will of Allah, harm human beings. This is the reason mischievous Jinn harm people. Similarly, influence of the evil eye is also true. What it means is that if a person looks at someone with greed and envy, the evil effects of his look will reach the person viewed, and because of that he has to suffer some loss or trouble or accident. For this reason, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa would seek the protection of Allah against the Jinn and the evil eye and pray in his own words for it, saying: "I seek Your protection against Jinn and evil eyes of the people.''  After the revelation of the Surah Al-Falaq and An-Nas (last two Surah of the Quran) he started reciting them because these were revealed for this purpose. These Surah are also called "Al-Mu'awwidhatain'' which mean two Surah which provide protection. It is, therefore, very useful to seek the protection of Allah by reciting them.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1013  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:39 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1016

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying,

"There is a Surah in the Qur'an which contains thirty Ayat which kept interceding for a man until his sins are forgiven. This Surah is `Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion.' (Surah Al-Mulk 67).'' [At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

Commentary:
This Hadith means that on the Day of Resurrection this Surah will intercede with Allah for the forgiveness of its reciter. This Hadith has been narrated (in Arabic) in the past tense because, like the past indefinite, its occurrence is definite and not open to inquiry. At some places, however, it has also been narrated in the present tense.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:40 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1017

Abu Mas`ud Al-Badri radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa saying,

"He who recites the two Ayat at the end of Surah Al-Baqarah at night, they will suffice him.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: "Suffice him'' here means that he will be protected from the evils. Its another meaning is that these two Ayat will take the place of Tahajjud (optional prayer in the late hours of the night). Imam An-Nawawi has cited the latter meaning.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1016  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:42 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1018

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying:

"Do not turn your houses into graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Surah Al-Baqarah is recited.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith instructs us not to turn our homes into the like of a graveyard through the negligence of reciting the Qur'an in them. It also points out the excellence of Surah Al-Baqarah, which when recited, will certainly keep the devil away.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:49 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1019

Ubayy bin Ka`b radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest?''  

I replied: "It is `Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayum (Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living...)'.'' (2:256) Thereupon he Sallalahu aleihi wa patted me in the chest and said,

"Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abu Mundhir!'' [Muslim].

Commentary:
The words cited in the Hadith occur at the beginning of Ayat-ul-Kursi (No. 256 of Surah Al-Baqarah of the Qur'an). The merits mentioned in the Hadith are for the whole Ayah. Ayat-ul-Kursi mentions the Majestic Attributes and Mighty Powers of Allah and is, therefore, very meritorious.

"Rejoice by this knowledge'' means "May this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you.'' And knowledge here stands for the knowledge of the Qur'an and Hadith which is certainly a means of success in this world and the Hereafter.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1018  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:14 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1020

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa put me in charge of charity of Ramadan (Sadaqat-ul-Fitr). Somebody came to me and began to take away some food-stuff. I caught him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.'' He said, "I am a needy man with a large family, and so I have a pressing need.'' I let him go. When I saw the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa next morning, he  Sallalahu aleihi wa asked me,

"O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?''  

I said, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing need and a big family. I felt pity for him so I let him go.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He told you a lie and he will return.''  

I was sure, according to the saying of the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa that he would return. I waited for him. He sneaked up again and began to steal food-stuff from the Sadaqah. I caught him and said; "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.'' He said, "Let go of me, I am a needy man. I have to bear the expenses of a big family. I will not come back.'' So I took pity on him and let him go. I went at dawn to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa who asked me,

"O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?''

I replied, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing want and the burden of a big family. I took pity on him and so I let him go.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He told you a lie and he will return.''  

(That man) came again to steal the food-stuff. I arrested him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa, and this is the last of three times. You promised that you would not come again but you did.'' He said, "Let go of me, I shall teach you some words with which Allah may
benefit you.'' I asked, "What are those words?'' He replied, "When you go to bed, recite Ayat-ul-Kursi (2:255) for there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah, and Satan will not be able to approach you till morning.'' So I let him go. Next morning the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked me,

"What did your prisoner do last night.''

I answered, "He promised to teach me some words which he claimed will benefit me before Allah. So I let him go.'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked,

"What are those words that he taught you?''

I said, "He told me: `When you go to bed, recite Ayat-ul-Kursi from the beginning to the end i.e., Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi encompasses the heavens and the earth, and preserving them does not fatigue Him. And He is the Most High, the Most Great].' (2:255).

He added: `By reciting it, there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah who will protect you during the night, and Satan will not be able to come near you until morning'.'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Verily, he has told you the truth though he is a liar. O Abu Hurairah! Do you know with whom you were speaking for the last three nights?''

I said, "No.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He was Shaitan (Satan).'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: This Hadith tells us the excellence of Ayat-ul-Kursi and the importance of reciting it before going to bed.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:21 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1021

Abud-Darda' radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Whoever commits to memory the first ten Ayat of the Surah Al-Kahf, will be protected from (the trial of) Ad-Dajjal (Antichrist).'' [Muslim].

In another narration, the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"(Whoever commits to memory) the last ten Ayat of Surah Al-Kahf, he will be protected from (the trial of) Ad-Dajjal (Antichrist).''

Commentary: Ad-Dajjal will appear sometime before Yaum-ul-Qiyamah. Allah, the Almighty will give him some supernatural powers the manifestation of which will shake the faith of many people. For this reason, this will be a serious trial. All Prophets warned their people against him. Our Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa also warned us against him and ordered us to guard ourselves from it and strictly advised us to seek Refuge of Allah against it.

This Hadith tells us the way to save ourselves from Ad-Dajjal. The recitation of the first or the last ten Ayat of Surah Al-Kahf, in the morning and evening, is very useful for this purpose. Sheikh Al-Albani has, however, regarded the last ten Ayat probably and the first ten Ayat surely effective against this mischief.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:24 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1022

Ibn `Abbas (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: While Jibril (Gabriel) (Alayhi Salam) was sitting with the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa, he heard a sound above him. He lifted his head, and said: "This is a gate which has been opened in heaven today. It was never opened before.''  

Then an angel descended through it, he (Alayhi Salam) said: "This is an angel who has come down to earth. He never came down before.''

He sent greetings and said: "Rejoice with two lights given to you. Such lights were not given to any Prophet before you. These (lights) are: Fatihah-til-Kitab (Surah Al-Fatihah), and the concluding Ayat of Surah Al-Baqarah. You will never recite a word from them without being given the blessings it contains.''  [Muslim].

Commentary:
This Hadith tells the excellence of the last Ayat of Surah Al-Baqarah. (That is from Amanar-Rasul to the end of the Surah). Anyone who recites these Ayat with a sincere heart will receive guidance, forgiveness and bliss in this life and in the Hereafter.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1022  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an   Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 183 - Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an
Page 1 of 1