The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Revert and family problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Revert and family problems Empty
PostSubject: Revert and family problems   Revert and family problems EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:59 pm

As Salamu Alaikum
I would like to know how you would deal with your family, when you are a revert, and they constantly insult Islam in front of you. They do it to provoke a reaction from you and you finish in tears.
My friend's parents are like this. Insha'Allah, she will come here to explain more, but she is a revert. Her family is not good at all, and they are not even practicing christianity, but when it comes to Islam, they become all so perfect, even if drunk while they talk. My friend is married, and they insult her husband too. And they try to get their children to eat haram things and to watch pop music bands.
My friend's husband does not fight her family but she usually ends up in a big argument and she wows to never returns to visit her parents.
Any advice and soothing words would be great .
jazakAllah khair

Amy
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Librarian.
Librarian.
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Revert and family problems   Revert and family problems EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Alhamdulilah I have not been in this situation so I cannot give any advice from my own experiences. I think that I would just keep contact by phone and letters. If there is no respect then the consequences will probably be the same each time. We can choose our friends but we can't choose our family. We can love our parents even if they have abused us - but sometimes relationships are better kept long-distance. We can keep the ties this way and keep our sanity at the same time Allah-willing.
May Allah soften the hearts of such families towards our reverted sisters and brothers and may He guide our non-Muslim loved-ones to Islam.

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha
Back to top Go down
http://easelandink.com
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Revert and family problems   Revert and family problems EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm

salaam

how naughty of me hiding sister Aisha, sorry, i did not mean to overlook your answer. Thank you for taking the time to answer me hugs . Yes, you are right, duas is the weapon of the believer and Insha'Allah, with time, patience , duas and perhaps with answering the bad with something better, then they will change their attitudes. I just get hurt so many t imes but i have to remember that their hatred of all what is Islam comes from their ignorance, and the things they hear in the news (especially sky and CNN). I will keep a long distance, even if they accuse me of not caring - they want me and my family for christmas, and they cannot understand why we would not come, even though I make excuses and I do not bring religion into it.
Ameen to your dua, sister Aisha.
I love you for the sake of Allah.

Amy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revert and family problems   Revert and family problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Revert and family problems
Page 1 of 1