The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Start today with a smile: Health facts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sister Booklover
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Sister Booklover

Start today with a smile: Health facts  Empty
PostSubject: Start today with a smile: Health facts    Start today with a smile: Health facts  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Assalamu aleikum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatu

rosebar

I want to share a text message I received and which made me smile :

rosebar

If walking (and cycling) is good for your health, the postman would live forever, but eventually, he too will die !!

A whale swims all day (which is an extremely good exercise), only eats fish, only drinks water and is STILL FAT !(i.e. a Blue Whale can weight up to 174 tons, the Beluga is smaller, only 1.5 ton)

A rabbit runs and hops every day and still only lives an average of 7-12 years (in captivity, in the wild, it is even less) !

A tortoise doesn't run, does nothing strenous really, and yet.................................... will still live an average of 80 years, some up to 150 , if not more in certain cases.

and my friends are nagging me to exercise ??? Nah !!! hehe

rosebar

I hope you have enjoyed these very informative facts (all verified, by the way).

But I am not sure if one can use this to justify the fact that one is couch potato heheStart today with a smile: Health facts  Couchpotato(got this one from [Photobucket.com, it is not one of our graphics. wink
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Start today with a smile: Health facts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start today with a smile: Health facts    Start today with a smile: Health facts  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Thanks for the smile.
Back to top Go down

Start today with a smile: Health facts
Page 1 of 1