The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 8 - Children Dying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 8 - Children Dying Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 12:22 pm

80. The excellence of someone whose child has died

Hadith 143

Abu Hurayra  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"No Muslim who has had three of his children die young will enter the Fire, except to expiate an unfulfilled oath."

Hadith 144

Abu Hurayra  radiyallahu anhu reported that a woman came to the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , with a child. She said, "Make supplication for him. I have buried three children."

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"You have built a strong barrier against the Fire."

Hadith 145

Khalid al-'Absi said, "A son of mine died and I felt intense grief over his loss. I said, 'Abu Hurayra, have you heard anything from the Prophet,   Sallalahu aleihi wa  , to cheer us regarding our dead?' He  radiyallahu anhu replied, 'I heard the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , say,

"Your children are roaming freely in the Garden."'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 8:09 pm

Hadith 146

Jabir ibn 'Abdullah said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  say,

'If anyone has three of his children die young and resigns them to Allah, he will enter the Garden.'

We said, 'Messenger of Allah, what about two?'

'And two,' he Sallalahu aleihi wa  said."

Mahmud ibn Labid said to Jabir, "By Allah, I think that if you had asked, 'And one?' he would have given a similar answer."

He said, "By Allah, I think so too."

Hadith 147

Same as 144, different isnad.

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 9:24 pm

Hadith 148

Abu Hurayra reported, "A woman came to the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , and said, 'Messenger of Allah! We cannot come to sit with you, so set aside a day when we can come.' He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'Your appointed place is the house of so-and-so.'

He Sallalahu aleihi wa  came to the women at that time. Part of what he  Sallalahu aleihi wa said to them was,

'There is no woman among you who has three children die, resigning them to Allah, who will not enter the Garden.'

A woman said, 'And if it is two?' He Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

'And if it is two.'"

Hadith 149

Umm Salim radiyallah anha  said, "While I was with the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , he  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'Umm Salim! There is no Muslim couple who have three of their children die without Allah admitting them to the Garden by virtue of His mercy to them.'

I said, 'And if there are two?' He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'And if there are two.'"

Hadith 150

Al-Hasan reported that Sa'sa'a ibn Mu'awiya told him that he met Abu Dharr  radiyallahu anhu finding him alone without any relatives and asked,

"Don't you have any children, Abu Dharr?" He said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  say, 'There is no Muslim who has three of his children die before they reach puberty without Allah admitting him to the Garden by virtue of His mercy to them. There is no man who frees a Muslim with Allah Almighty making each of the limbs of the one who is freed a ransom for each of the emancipator's limbs.'"

Hadith 151

Anas ibn Malik  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"If someone has three children die before they reach puberty, Allah will admit him and them to the Garden by virtue of His mercy."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 11:01 pm

81. Someone whose miscarried child dies

Hadith 152

Sahl ibn al-Hanzala, who had no children, said, "I would prefer to have a miscarried child while I am a Muslim and resign that child to Allah than to have the entire world and what it contains."

Hadith 153

'Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  , said,

"Which of you prefers the money of heirs to his own money?"

"Messenger of Allah," they replied, "there is none of us who does not prefer his own wealth to that of his heirs."

The Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Know that there is not one of you who does not prefer his heirs' money to his own. Your wealth is what you have spent (for Allah) and the wealth of your heirs is what you leave."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 11:32 pm

Hadith 154

He said that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  , said,

"Who do you reckon to be the childless among you?"

They said, "They are those who do not have any children."

"No," he  Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The childless are those who have not sent any of their children ahead (i.e. none of their children have died)."

Hadith 155

He reported that the Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Who do you reckon to be the one who most often throws people down (in a fight)?"

They replied, "The one whom men do not throw down."

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "No the one who throws people down is the person who controls himself when he is angry."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 - Children Dying   Chapter 8 - Children Dying Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 - Children Dying
Page 1 of 1