The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 12:15 pm

71. Generosity

Hadith 129

Abu Hurayra  radiyallahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  was asked,

'Which people are the most Noble(generous)?''

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

'The most Noble of them in the sight of Allah are those with the most taqwa.'

They said, 'That is not what we are asking about.'

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'The most Noble of people was Yusuf, the Prophet of Allah, son of the Prophet of Allah, who was the son of the Intimate Friend of Allah (Ibrahim).'

They said, 'That is not what we are asking about.'

He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'Are you asking about those of Arab origin?'

'Yes,' they replied.

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'The best of you in the Jahiliyya is the best of you in Islam when you have understanding of the religion (from Allah.)"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 2:42 pm

72. Kindness to both the pious and the deviant

Hadith 130

Mundhir at-Tawri reported what Muhammad ibn 'Ali (ibn al-Hanafiyya) said about, "Is the repayment of kindness anything except kindness?" He said, "It is not denied to either the pious or the deviant."

rosebar

73. The excellence of someone who provides for an orphan

Hadith 131

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu  reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"The person who strives on behalf of the widows and poor is like those who strive in the way of Allah and like those who fast in the day and pray at night."

rosebar

74. The excellence of someone who provides for his orphan

Hadith 132

'A'isha  radiyallah anha said, "A woman came to me who had two of her daughters with her. She asked me for something, but I could not find anything except for a single date which I gave her. She divided it between her daughters and then got up and left. The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , came in and I told him what had happened. He  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

'Whoever looks after these girls in any way and is good to them will have them as a veil from the Fire.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 7:53 pm

75. The excellence of someone who provides for an orphan (who lost both parents)

Hadith 133

Umm Sa'id bint Murra al-Fihri related from her father that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"I and the guardian of an orphan will be in the Garden like these two." (His two fingers)

Hadith 134

Al-Hasan reported that an orphan used to eat with Ibn 'Umar. One day he called for food and looked for this orphan but could not find him. He arrived after Ibn 'Umar had finished. Ibn 'Umar called for more food to be brought to him but they did not have any. So he was brought sawiq and honey. He said, "Here, have this! By Allah, you have not been cheated!" Al-Hasan said, "By Allah, Ibn 'Umar was not cheated! (wronged)"

Hadith 135

Sahl ibn Sa'd  radiyallah anha reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"I and the guardian of the orphan will be in the Garden like that," indicating his forefinger and middle finger.

Hadith 136

Abu Bakr ibn Hafs reported that 'Abdullah would not eat unless an orphan was at his table.

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 8:53 pm

76. The best house is a house in which orphans are well treated

Hadith 137

Abu Hurayra  Sallalahu aleihi wa reported that the Messenger of Allah, radiyallahu anhu said,

"The best house among the Muslims is the house in which orphans are well treated. The worst house among the Muslims is the house in which orphans are ill treated. I and the guardian of the orphan will be in the Garden like that," indicating his two fingers.

rosebar

77. Be like a merciful father to orphans

Hadith 138

Dawud  aleyhi salam said, "Be like a merciful father towards the orphan. Know that you will reap as you sow. How ugly poverty is after wealth! More than that: how ugly is misguidance after guidance! When you make a promise to your friend, fulfil your promise. If you do not, it will bring about enmity between you and him. Seek refuge in Allah from a companion who, when you mention something to him, does not help you and who does not remind you when you forget."

Hadith 139

Al-Hasan said, "I remember a time among the Muslims when their men would shout (to remind their families), 'O family! O family! (Look after) your orphan! Your orphan! O family! O family! (Look after) your orphan! Your poor person! Your poor person! O family! O family! (Look after) your neighbour! Your neighbour!' Time has been swift in taking the best of you while every day you become baser."

Hamza ibn Nujayh said that he heard al-Hasan say, "If you wish, you can see a deviant going 30,000 times deeper into the Fire. What is wrong with him? May Allah fight him! He has sold his portion from Allah for a price of a goat. If you like, you can see him constricted and desirous of the path of Shaytan. There is no one to warn him – neither himself nor anyone else."

Hadith 140

Asma' bint 'Ubayd said, "I said to Ibn Sirin, 'I have an orphan in my care.' He said, 'Treat him as you would treat your own child. Beat him as you would beat your own child.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 12:01 pm

78. The excellence of a woman who perseveres with her child and does not re-marry

Hadith 141

'Awf ibn Malik reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said, "I and a woman who is widowed and is patient with her child will be like these two fingers in the Garden."

rosebar

79. Disciplining an orphan

Hadith 142

Shumaysa al-'Atakiyya said, "The disciplining of orphans was mentioned in the presence of 'A'isha  radiyallah anha and she said, 'I would beat an orphan until he submits.'"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans   Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 - Generosity and Orphans
Page 1 of 1