The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 5- Looking after Children

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 5- Looking after Children Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:42 pm

45. A child is a source of both stinginess and cowardice

Hadith 84

'A'isha  radiyallah anha said, "Abu Bakr said, 'By Allah, there is no man on the face of the earth that I love better than 'Umar.' Then he went out and came back and said, 'How did I swear, daughter?' I told him what he had said. Then he said, 'He is dearer to me although one's child is closer (to one's heart).'"

Hadith 85

Ibn Abi Nu'm said, "I was with Ibn 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu when a man asked him about the blood of gnats. He  radiyallahu anhu asked, 'Where are you from?' 'From the people of Iraq,' he replied. He  radiyallahu anhu said, 'Look at this man! He asks about the blood of gnats when they murdered the grandson of the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa I heard the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  say,

'They are my sweet basil in this world.'"

Continued from Chapter 4

Episode 30

Facebook Link

https://www.facebook.com/MSalahOfficial/videos/100655376465036

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 10:18 pm

46. Carrying a child on one's shoulders

Hadith 86

Al-Bara'  radiyallahu anhu  said, "I saw the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , when al-Hasan was on his shoulder. He  Sallalahu aleihi wa was saying, 'O Allah, I love him, so love him.'"

rosebar

47. A child is a source of joy

Hadith 87

Jubayr ibn Nufayr said, "One day we were sitting when al-Miqdad ibn al-Aswad when a man passed us. The man said, 'Blessing be to those two eyes which saw the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa By Allah, I wish that I had seen what you have seen and witnessed what you have witnessed!'

This angered al-Miqdad and that surprised me as the man had said nothing but good things. Then he turned to them and said, 'What made the man desire to summon back what Allah has taken away? Does he not realise what his situation would be if he had seen him? By Allah, if certain people had been with the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa Allah would have thrown them on their faces into Hellfire since they would neither have answered nor confirmed him? Do you not praise Allah Almighty since He brought you forth and you only know your Lord and confirm what your Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, brought? You see enough affliction in other people. By Allah, the Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa was sent in the harshest state in which any Prophet was ever sent – in a gap (in the line of Prophethood) and the time of Ignorance. They did not believe that the deen was better than worshipping idols. He brought the Discrimination by which it is possible to discriminate between the true and false, and which can part a father from his child. Then a man will think of his father, child or brother as an unbeliever. Allah has loosened the locks of his heart by faith and he knows that the other person will be destroyed in the Fire. Therefore his eye is not cool since he knows that the one he loves will be in the Fire. It is what Allah says,

"Those who say, 'Our Lord, give us joy in our wives and children." (25:74)'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 5:35 pm

48. A person who makes supplication that his friend will have a lot of money and
many children

Hadith 88

Anas  radiyallahu anhu  said, "One day I visited the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , and there was only myself, my mother and my aunt, Umm Hiram. When he came to us, he  Sallalahu aleihi wa asked us,

'Shall I pray with you?' It was not the time of an obligatory prayer."

One of those listening to the person relating this asked, "Where did he put in Anas in relation to him?" The reply was, "He put him to his right."

The report from Anas  radiyallahu anhu  continues, "Then he prayed with us and made supplication for us, the people of the house, that we would have the best of the blessings of this world and the Next. My mother said,

'Messenger of Allah, make supplication to Allah for your little servant,' and he  Sallalahu aleihi wa  asked Allah to grant me every blessing. At the end of his supplication, he  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'O Allah, grant him a lot of money and many children and bless him!'"

rosebar

49. Mothers are merciful

Hadith89

Anas ibn Malik  radiyallahu anhu  said, "A woman came to 'A'isha and 'A'isha gave her three dates. She gave each of her two children a date and kept one date for herself. The children ate the two dates and then looked at their mother. She took her date and split in it two and gave each child half of it. The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  came and 'A'isha told him about it. He Sallalahu aleihi wa   said, 'Are you surprised at that? Allah will show her mercy because of her mercy towards her child.'"

rosebar

50. Kissing Children

Hadith 90

'A'isha  radiyallah anha said, "A bedouin came to the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , and asked, "Do you kiss your children? We do not kiss them.' The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'Can I put mercy in your hearts after Allah has removed it from them?'"

Hadith 91

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu  said, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , kissed Hasan ibn 'Ali while al-Aqra' ibn Habis at-Tamimi was sitting with him. Al-Aqra' observed, 'I have ten children and I have never kissed any of them.' The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , looked at him and said,

'Whoever does not show mercy will not be shown mercy.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 8:55 pm

51. The parent teaching adab and his duty towards his child

Hadith 92

Numayr ibn Aws said, "They used to say, 'Righteousness is a gift from Allah, but adab comes from the parents."

Hadith 93

An-Nu'man ibn Bashir  radiyallahu anhu  said that his father had carried him to the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa . He said, 'Messenger of Allah, I testify to you that I have given an-Nu'man such-and-such. (It was a slave).

The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  asked, "Have you given each of your children the same"?"

"No," he replied. He said, "Then testify to someone other than me."

Then the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa asked, "Do you not want to show equal kindness to all of them?"

"Indeed I do," he replied.

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Then do not do it."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 5:15 pm

52. The dutifulness of a father to his child

Hadith 94

Ibn 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu said, "Allah has called them the 'dutiful' (al-Abrar) because they are dutiful (birr) to their parents and children. Just as you have a duty which you owe your parent, so you have a duty which you owe your child."

Episode 34

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 7:00 pm

53. Someone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy

Hadith 95

Abu Sa'id  radiyallahu anhu that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, 'Someone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy."

Hadith 96

Jarir ibn 'Abdullah  radiyallahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said, 'Allah will not show mercy to someone who does not show mercy to people."

Hadith 97

Jarir ibn 'Abdullah  radiyallahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said, 'One who does not show mercy to people, Allah will not show mercy to him."

Hadith 98

'A'isha  radiyallah anha said, "Some bedouins came to the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa . One of their men said to him, 'Messenger of Allah, do you kiss children? By Allah, we do not kiss them.'

The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said, 'Can I put mercy in your hearts after Allah has removed it from them?'"

Hadith 99

Abu 'Uthman reported that 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu wanted to appoint a man as governor. The governor said, "I have such-and-such a number of children and I have never kissed any of them." 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu said, "Allah Almighty will only show mercy to the kindest of His slaves."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 5:29 pm

54. Mercy consists of a hundred parts

Hadith 100

Abu Hurayra  radiyallahu anhu  reported that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"Allah Almighty has divided mercy into one hundred parts. He kept ninety-nine parts and sent down one part to earth. Because of that one single part, creatures are merciful to one another so that even the mare will lift its hooves away from its foal so that it does not trample on it."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5- Looking after Children   Chapter 5- Looking after Children Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5- Looking after Children
Page 1 of 1