The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 37 - Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 37 - Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 37 - Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake   Chapter 37 - Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:57 pm

bismillah1

Chapter 37

Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (piety, righteousness - here it means Allah's reward, i.e., Jannah), unless you spend (in Allah's Cause) of that which you love.'' (3:92)

"O you who believe! Spend of the good things which you have (legally) earned, and of that which We have produced from  the earth for you, and do not aim at that which is bad to spend from it.'' (2:267)

Hadith 297

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: Abu Talhah radiyallahu anhu was the richest among the Ansar of Al-Madinah and possessed the largest property from palm-trees, and among his possessions what he loved most, was his garden known as Bairuha' which was opposite the masjid, and Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa often visited it and drank from its fresh water.

When this Ayah was revealed: "By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (piety, righteousness - here it means Allah's reward, i.e., Jannah), unless you spend (in Allah's Cause) of that which you love,'' (3:92),  Abu Talhah came to Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa and said, "Allah says in His Book: `By no means shall you attain Al-Birr, unless you spend (in Allah's Cause) of that which you love,' and the dearest of my property is Bairuha' so I have given it as Sadaqah (charity) for Allah's sake, and I anticipate its reward with Him; so spend it, O Messenger of Allah, as Allah guides you.''

Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Well-done! That is profit earning property. I have heard what you have said, but I think you should spend it on your nearest relatives.''  

So Abu Talhah radiyallahu anhu distributed it among nearest relatives and cousins. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:

1. This Hadith mentions the spirit of obedience to Allah and His Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and effort which the Companions of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa made for attaining a higher status in virtue.
2. To spend the best of one's property in the way of Allah is a sign of perfection of Faith.
3. In the matter of Sadaqat (alms giving and charity), preference must be given to one's closest relations, provided they are poor and stand in need of help, otherwise, these should be spent on other deserving people.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 37 - Spending favorite things for Allah's Sake
Page 1 of 1