The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Nineteen –Prostration during Recital of the Qur'an

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Nineteen –Prostration during Recital of the Qur'an Empty
PostSubject: Book Nineteen –Prostration during Recital of the Qur'an   Book Nineteen –Prostration during Recital of the Qur'an EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:31 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Hadith Number 173.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Masud (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) recited Surah An-Najm (53) at Makkah and prostrated while reciting it and those who were with him did the same except an old man who took a handful of small stones or earth and lifted it to his forehead and said, "This is sufficient for me." Later on, I saw him killed as a non-believer.

Hadith Number 174.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): On Fridays the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to recite Alf Lam Mim Tanzil -i.e. Surah As-Sajdah (32) (in the first Rak’ah) and Hal ata'alal-lnsani i.e. Suratul-Dahr (or Al-Insan 76) (in the second Rak’ah), in the Fajr prayer.

Hadith Number 175.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The prostration of Sad is not a compulsory one but I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) prostrating while reciting it.

Hadith Number 176.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Masud (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) recited Surat-an-Najm (53) and prostrated while reciting it and all the people prostrated and a man amongst the people took a handful of stones or earth and raised it to his face and said, "This is sufficient for me." Later on I saw him killed as a non-believer.

Hadith Number 177.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) I prostrated while reciting An-Najm and with him prostrated the Muslims, the pagans, the jinns, and all human beings.

Hadith Number 178.

Narrated by 'Ata' bin Yasar: I asked Zaid bin Thabit (Radhi Allahu Anhu) about prostration on which he said that he had recited An-Najm before the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), yet he (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) had not performed a prostration.

Hadith Number 179.

Narrated by Zaid bin Thabit (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I recited An-Najm before the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), yet he did not perform a prostration.

Hadith Number 180.

Narrated by Abu Salma: I saw Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reciting Idha-Sama' un-Shaqqat (Surah Al-Inshiqaq 84) and he prostrated during its recitation. I asked Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "Didn't I see you prostrating?" Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "Had I not seen the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) prostrating, I would not have prostrated."

Hadith Number 181.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) recited a Surah that contained the prostration he would prostrate and we would do the same and some of us (because of the heavy rush) could not find a place for prostration.

Hadith Number 182.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) recited Surah As-Sajdah (32) and we were with him, he would prostrate and we also would prostrate with him and some of us (because of the heavy rush) would not find a place (for our foreheads) to prostrate on.

Hadith Number 183.

Narrated by Rabi'a: 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) recited Surah-an-Nahl (16) on a Friday on the pulpit and when he reached the verse of Sajdah he got down from the pulpit and prostrated and the people also prostrated. The next Friday 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) recited the same Surah and when he reached the verse of Sajdah he said, "O people! When we recite the verses of Sajdah (during the sermon) whoever prostrates does the right thing, yet it is no sin for the one who does not prostrate." And 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) did not prostrate (that day). Added Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) "Allah has not made the prostration of recitation compulsory but if we wish we can do it."

Hadith Number 184.

Narrated by Abu Rafi: I offered the 'Isha' prayer behind Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) and he recited Idhas-Sama' Un-Shaqqat, (Surah Al-Inshiqaq 84) and prostrated. I said, "What is this?" Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "I prostrated behind Abu-l-Qasim and I will do the same till I meet him."

Hadith Number 185.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) recited the Surah which contained the prostration of recitation he used to prostrate and then, we, too, would prostrate and some of us did not find a place for prostration.

Book Nineteen –Prostration during Recital of the Qur'an Specia10
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1