The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Two Rakat for Ihram

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Two Rakat for Ihram Empty
PostSubject: The Two Rakat for Ihram   The Two Rakat for Ihram EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Question No. 9:

Is it a condition to pray two Rakat for Ihram or not?

Answer No. 9:

It is not a condition. There are different opinions among the scholars in respect of its desirability. The most of them are of the opinion that the two Rakat prayer is desirable before Ihram. He should make ablution and pray two Rakat, then recite Talbeyah. They put argument in favour of this opinion that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) put on Ihram after performing prayer. He performed the prayer of "Dhuhr" and then put on Ihram for Hijjathul Widha (Farewell Hajj). The Apostle of Allah Said: "A messenger from my Lord came to me and Said: pray in this blessed valley and say: "I make intention for Umrah along with Hajj." This report indicates the legality of two Rakat prayer. Most of the scholars are of this opinion. Another group of scholars are of the opinion that there is no evidence in this report supporting the above opinion. The sentence: "A messenger from my Lord came to me and Said," Pray in this blessed valley" probably means one of the five times obligatory prayers, not the prayer of Ihram. The Apostle of Allah put on Ihram after an obligatory prayer. It does not indicate legality of two Rakat before Ihram. It only indicates that putting on Ihram for Umrah or Hajj after any prayer is the best, if it is easy.
Back to top Go down

The Two Rakat for Ihram
Page 1 of 1