The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child Empty
PostSubject: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child-birth   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:44 am

salaam

Ruling on blood that is passed before giving birth

A woman passed blood during pregnancy, five days before her nifaas started, during the month of Ramadaan. Is this blood menstrual blood or part of the blood of nifaas, and what should she do?

Praise be to Allaah.

If the matter is as it is described, and she saw blood when she was pregnant, five days before delivery, but she did not see any other sign that delivery was imminent, such as labour pains or contractions, then this blood is neither menstrual nor nifaas, but according to the correct view it is a kind of irregular bleeding. On this basis, she should not stop doing acts of worship, but she should fast and pray. If this bleeding is accompanied by other signs of impending labour, such as contractions and so on, then it is nifaas and so she should stop praying and fasting, then when she is clean from it after giving birth, then she can make up the fasts she has missed, but not the prayers.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqa/6944

Last edited by Zaza on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:51 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Her nifaas (post-partum bleeding) came back when she was fasting

If a woman’s nifaas stops after one week of giving birth and she starts fasting with Muslims during Ramadaan then the bleeding reoccurs, should she break her fast in this case? Does she have to make up the days she fasted and the days she did not fast?.

Praise be to Allaah.

If the woman who is bleeding in nifaas becomes pure (i.e., the bleeding stops) within forty days and she fasts for a few days, then the bleeding comes back within forty days, then her fast is valid, but she has to stop praying and fasting during the days on which the bleeding comes back – because it is (still) nifaas – until she becomes pure or the forty days end. When forty days have ended, she has to do ghusl, even if she has not seen the tuhr (white discharge signalling the end of menses or nifaas), because forty days marks the end of nifaas according to the more sound of the two scholarly opinions. After that, she has to do wudoo’ at the time of every prayer, until the bleeding stops, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) instructed the woman who was suffering from istihaadah (non-menstrual vaginal bleeding). And her husband may be intimate with her after forty days, even if she has not seen the tuhr, because the bleeding in this case is irregular bleeding which does not prevent her from praying and fasting, and does not prevent her husband from being intimate with his wife.

But if the bleeding after forty days coincides with the usual time of her menses, then she should stop praying and fasting and regard it as menses. And Allaah is the Source of Strength. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him). Fataawa Islamiyyah (2/146).

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqa/106464/print
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:56 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Her menses ended before Fajr and she started fasting without doing ghusl

My menses ended before Fajr prayer and I waited until after the prayer, but I fell asleep and I woke up at ten a.m. I did not do ghusl because I forgot, and I took my sick daughter to the hospital, and I was busy until the time of ‘Asr prayer, then I did ghusl and made up the prayers that I had missed. Allaah knows that this is the first time this had happened to me since I reached puberty. The reason was that my period usually lasts for 9 days but this month it was 8 days, but I waited to make sure, but I was fasting. What should I do? Should I make up the fast?.

Praise be to Allaah.

If you were certain that your menses had ended and you formed the intention to fast before dawn, even if it was one minute before, then your fast is valid, even if you delayed doing ghusl.

See the answer to question no. 37936.

But if you were uncertain as to whether your period had ended, but you still intended to fast, then the fast was not valid because of your uncertainty as to whether your menses had ended.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about a woman who fasted when she was unsure whether her period was over, then when morning came she saw that it had indeed ended. Does her fast count even though she was not certain that her period had ended?

He replied: Her fast does not count, and she has to make up that day, because the basic principle is that the menses was still there, and her starting to fast when she was not certain that her menses was over means that she started to do an act of worship when she was uncertain as to whether one of the conditions of it being valid was fulfilled or not, and this means that it does not count. End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (19/107).

If a woman knows that her menses has ended, she must do ghusl so that she may pray, and it is not permissible for her to delay that until the time for prayer ends. If she does that, then she has to repent, as well as make up the prayers that she has missed.

If she forgets that her period has ended – as you mention in your question – then there is no sin on her in sha Allaah for delaying her prayer, but when she remembers she must do ghusl and offer the prayers that she has missed – as you did.

We ask Allaah to forgive us and you.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqa/94839
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Can a woman who is experiencing non-menstrual vaginal bleeding (istihaadah) fast?

Praise be to Allaah.

During the time when the woman who is experiencing istihaadah believes that the blood is menstrual blood, then she is menstruating and the rulings on menses apply to her. When the menses ends, then she is taahir (pure) and she should do ghusl, fast and pray and her husband may have intercourse with her, even if she is still bleeding.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: Faatimah bint Abi Hubaysh came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I am a woman who experiences istihaadah and I do not become pure. Should I give up praying?” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No. That is just a vein, and it is not menses. When your menses comes, then stop praying, and when it ends, then wash the blood from yourself and pray.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 226; Muslim, 333.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, explaining the phrase “that is just a vein”:

This indicates that if the blood which is flowing is blood from a vein – which includes bleeding that results from surgery – then that is not regarded as menses, so the things that become haraam in the case of menses are not haraam in this case, and a woman has to pray and to fast if that happens during the day in Ramadaan. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/question no. 226.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) observed i’tikaaf with him, and she was experiencing istihaadah and could see the blood. Sometimes she would place a basin beneath her to catch the blood. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 303.

See also the answers to questions no. 7501 and 5595

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqa/66571
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 pm

:salamou:

If the Woman becomes pure after Fajr. she abstains and makes up for the Fast

Question

If the woman becomes pure immediately after Fajr time, does she abstain and fast this day with it being considered a day for her, or is it obligatory on her to make up for that day?

Answer

If the blood stops flowing from her during the time that Fajr comes in or a little before it, her fast is correct and she is credited with fulfullment of that obligation, even if she did not bathe until after it became morning. However, if the blood did not stop until after it was clearly morning (i.e., Fajr time had entered), then she abstains during that day, but it is not accepted from her (as a fast). Rather, she makes up for that day after Ramadhan. And Allah knows best.

Shaikh Ibn Jibreen

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 3 Page 297

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Question

If I gave birth a week before Ramadhan, for example, and I became pure before completing the 40 days, is it ob1igatory upon me to fast?

Answer

Yes, whenever the woman with post-childbirth bleeding becomes pure and that which she knows to be a sign of purity becomes apparent to her, which is the white pad or total cleanliness, then she fasts and prays. It makes no difference if it is even a day or a week after giving birth. For verily, there is no limit for the minimum amount of postnatal bleeding. Some women do not see any blood at all after giving birth. Reaching a period of 40 days is not a condition. And Allah knows best.

Shaikh Ibn Jibreen

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 3 Page 298

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 pm

:salamou:

The ruling on delaying the bathing for Menstruation until the time of Fajr enters

Question

Is it permissible to delay the bathing for sexual impurity until the time of Fajr enters, and is it permissible for women to delay the bathing for menstruation or postnatal bleeding until the time of Fajr enters?

Answer

If the woman sees that she has become pure before the time of Fajr, then she must fast and there is no harm in her delaying the bathing until after the time of Fajr enters. However, she may not delay it until sunrise. Rather, she must bathe and pray before sunrise. Likewise, the sexually impure person may not delay bathing until after sunrise. Rather, he must bathe and pray the Fajr prayer before sunrise. It is also obligatory on the man to make haste in this so that he can catch the Fajr prayer with the congregation.

Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 3 Page 299

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

The Woman whose Bleeding returns while she is fasting

Question

If the woman with postnatal bleeding becomes pure within a week, then she fasts with the Muslims during Ramadhan for a number of days, then her bleeding returns does she break her fast in this situation? Does she have to make up for the days that she fasted and the days that she broke her fast?

Answer

If the woman with postnatal bleeding becomes pure within 40 days and she fasts some days, then her bleeding returns during the 40 days, her fast is correct. She must leave off the prayer and fasting during the days that her bleeding returned - because it is postnatal bleeding - until she becomes, pure or completes the 40 days. When she completes the 40 days she must bathe, even if she does not think she is pure, because the 40 days is the end of the postnatal bleeding according to the correct view between the two opinions of the scholars. After that she must make Wudhu' for the time of each prayer until the bleeding stops, as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) commanded the woman with a prolonged flow of menstrual blood to do. Her husband may enjoy sexual relations with her after the 40 days, even if she does not think she is pure. This is because the (postnatal) blood and the situation mentioned is not (postnatal) blood that does not prevent the prayer and fasting, nor does it prevent the husband from his sexual enjoyment with his wife. However, if after the 40 days the bleeding coincides with her normal time of menstrua¬tion, then she leaves off the prayer and fasting and she considers it a menstrual cycle. And Allah is the Giver of success.

Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 3 Pages 298-299

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child   Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child Empty

Back to top Go down

Various Fatawa on Fasting during Menses, Pregnancy and Child
Page 1 of 1