The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests   Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 5:56 pm

158. Do not honour your guest in a way which will be burdensome for him

Hadith 344.

Ibn 'Awn reported, "They used to say, 'Do not honour your guest in a way which will be burdensome for him.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests   Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests EmptySat Sep 28, 2024 4:07 pm

159. Visiting

Hadith 345

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu  reported that the Prophet,  : Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"When a man visits his brothers, Allah tells him, 'You have been good and your steps are good and you deserve a place in Al-Jannah (the Garden.)'"

Hadith 346

Umm ad-Darda'  radiyallah anha  said, "Salman  radiyallahu anhu  came from al-Mada'in (Ctesiphon) to Syria to visit us on foot wearing a shirt (kisa') and trousers." Shawdhab said, "Salman was seen wearing a short with all his hair shaved off and his large ears showing. He was told, 'You have made yourself ugly.' He replied, "The real good is the good of the Next World.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests   Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests EmptyMon Sep 30, 2024 5:32 pm

160. Someone who visits people and eats with them

Hadith 347

Anas ibn Malik  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa visited one of the houses of the Ansar and ate some food with them. When he left, he asked for a place in the house and some water was sprinkled on a carpet for him. He prayed on it and made supplication for them.

Hadith 348

Abu Khaldah said: Abdul Karim, Abu Umuyyah came to Abu Al'aliyah wearing a woolen garment. So Abu Al'aliyah said; "These are but the clothes of monks. When the Muslims visit each other, they would beautify themselves."

'Abdullah the mawla (helper) of Asma',  radiyallah anha said, "Asma' brought out to me a cloak of Tayalisah (a type of mantle) which had a collar border a span (wide) of brocade and verily it's two sleeves were hemmed with it (i.e. the brocade). She  radiyallah anha said, 'This is the cloak of the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa He used to wear it for delegations and on Jumu'ah."

Hadith 349

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu  said, "'Umar  radiyallahu anhu  found a silk robe and brought it to the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  and said, 'Buy this and wear it on Jumu'ah and when delegations come to you.' The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , replied,

'Only someone who has no portion in the Hereafter wears this.'

Then the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , was brought some robes and sent one robe to 'Umar, one to Usama, and one to 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu.) 'Umar  radiyallahu anhu  said, 'Messenger of Allah! You have sent this to me when I heard you say what you said about it.' The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

'You can sell it or take care of your needs with it.'"

rosebar

161. The Excellence of Visiting

Hadith 350

Abu Hurayrah radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"A man visited a brother of his in a village, so Allah put an angel in wait for him on the road. He asked,

'Where are you going?' He replied,

'To a brother of mine in this village.' He said,

'Has he done a favor which you want to payback?' He said,

'No, I love him for Allah.' He said,

'I am a messenger of Allah to you. Allah loves you as you love him.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests   Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 10:38 pm

162. When a man loves people but cannot equal them in Deeds

Hadith 351

Abu Dharr   radiyallahu anhu  said, "I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa  what if a man loves a people but is not capable to do deeds they are doing?' He  Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

'Abu Dharr, you are with the one you love.'

I said, 'I love Allah and His Messenger.'

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, 'Abu Dharr, you are with the one you love.'"

Hadith 352

Anas  radiyallahu anhu  reported that a man asked the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , "Prophet of Allah, when will the Final Hour come?" He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Have you not made preparation for it?"

He replied, " I am not prepared for a terrible event , but I love Allah and His Messenger."

He  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "A man is with the one he loves."

Anas radiyallahu anhu  remarked, "I never saw the Muslims rejoice, except for the day that they became Muslim, more than they rejoiced on that day."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests   Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 17- Visiting and Guests
Page 1 of 1