The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 16 - Praising People

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 16 - Praising People Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 10:27 pm

153.What has come about praising people

Hadith 333

Abu Bakr  radiyallahu anhu reported that a man was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , and someone praised him. The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Woe to you! You have cut off the head of your companion!" and he repeated that several times.

He Sallalahu aleihi wa  went on, "If one of you must praise someone, he should say, 'I consider that so-and-so is such-and-such.' Allah is the One who will take account of him if he thinks that he is indeed like that, No one can appropriate Allah's right to attest to someone's character."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 6:21 pm

Hadith 334

Abu Musa  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , heard a man praise another man and he was using exaggeration in his praise of him.

The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "You have destroyed or broken the man's back."

Hadith 335

Ibrahim at-Taymi reported that his father said, "We were sitting with 'Umar radiyallahu anhu and one man praised another man to his face." He radiyallahu anhu said, "You have wounded the man. May Allah wound you."

Hadith 336

Zayd ibn Aslam reported that his father heard 'Umar radiyallahu anhu state, "Praise is slaughter." The transmitter added, "He meant when it is accepted."

rosebar

154. Someone who praises his companion when he feels safe about him*
[* He is certain that his praise will nor produce pride or vanity.]

Hadith 337

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"The best of men is Abu Bakr. The best of men is 'Umar. The best of men is Abu 'Ubayda. The best of men is Usayd ibn Hudayr. The best of men is Thabit ibn Qays ibn Shammas. The best of men is Mu'adh ibn 'Amr ibn al-Jamuh. The best of men is Mu'adh ibn Jabal."

Then he Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The worst of men is so-and so. The worst of men is so-and-so," until he had named seven men.

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 8:28 pm

Hadith 338

'A'isha : radiyallah anha said, "A man asked permission to come to the Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa and the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'He is an evil son of his tribe.'

When the man came in, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa was courteous and cheerful towards him. When that man left, another man asked permission to come in. He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'He is an excellent son of his tribe.'

When he came in, he was not cheerful towards him as he had been cheerful towards the other man. When he left, I said, 'Messenger of Allah, you said what you said about so-and-so and yet you were courteous to him. You said what you said about so-and-so and I did not see you do the same.' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

''A'isha, the worst of people are those who are feared on account of their bad language.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People EmptyFri Sep 20, 2024 4:10 pm

155. Throwing dust in the faces of those who praise people

Hadith 339

Abu Ma'mar said, "A man began to praise one of the amirs. Al-Miqdad began to throw dirt in his face and said, 'The Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa , commanded us to throw dust into the faces of those who praise people.'"

Hadith 340

'Ata' ibn Abi Rabah reported that a man was praising another man in the presence of Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu . Ibn 'Umar began to throw dust towards his mouth. He radiyallahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'When you see those who praise people, throw dust in their faces.'"

Hadith 341

Raja' said. "One day Mihjan and I went to the Masjid of the people of Basra. Burayda al-Aslami was sitting there by one of the Masjid doors. Inside the Masjid there was a man called Sabka who used to make the prayers long. We came to the Masjid door which had a fringed woollen cloth over it. Now Burayda was someone who made jokes. He said, 'Mihjan, don't you pray as Sabka prays?' Mihjan did not answer and went back. Mihjan said, 'The Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa , once took me by the hand and we went together to the top of Uhud. He Sallalahu aleihi wa looked down on Madinah and said,

"Woe to a town whose people will abandon it when it becomes very prosperous. Then the Dajjal will come to it and find two angels at each of its gates, so he will not enter it."

Then he went down until we reached the Masjid and the Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa saw a man praying, prostrating and bowing. The Messenger of Allah, Sallalahu aleihi wa asked me, "Who is this?" and I began to praise him, saying,

"Messenger of Allah, this is so-and-so and so-and-so."

"Stop!" he Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Do not let him hear or you will destroy him."'"

Raja' continued, "He began to walk until he reached his rooms and then he began to shake the dust off his hands and said,

'The best part of your Deen is the easiest of it.' and he repeated that three times."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 5:24 pm

156. The person who praises in poetry

Hadith 342

Al-Aswad ibn Suray' radiyallahu anhu  said, "I came to the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , and said, 'Messenger of Allah, I have praised Allah and you in poems of praise and eulogies.' He  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

'As far as your Lord is concerned, He must be praised,'

and so I began to recite them. Then a tall bald man asked for permission to enter. The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , told me, 'Be silent.' The man came in and spoke for a time and then left. Then I recited again. Then the other man came back and he made be silent again. Then the man left again. That happened two or three times. I asked, 'Who is this man for whom I must be silent?' He Sallalahu aleihi wa  replied,

'This is a man who does not like vain things.'"

[It is said that it was 'Umar ibn al-Khattab]

rosebar

157. Giving to a poet when you fear his evil

Hadith 343

Abu Nujayd said, "A poet came to 'Imran ibn Husayn  radiyallahu anhu  and 'Imran gave him something. 'Imran radiyallahu anhu was asked, 'You give to a poet?' He said, 'I am preserving my reputation (from his satire).'"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 16 - Praising People   Chapter 16 - Praising People Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 16 - Praising People
Page 1 of 1