The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 7:48 pm

245. The believer is not a defamer

Hadith 309

Salim ibn 'Abdullah said, "I never heard 'Abdullah  radiyallahu anhu  ever curse anything." Salim mentioned that 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr radiyallahu anhu  said, "It is not fitting for a believer to be a curser."

Hadith 310

Jabir ibn 'Abdullah  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Allah does not love the loud and coarse nor the one who shouts in the markets."

Hadith 311

'A'isha radiyallah anha  reported that some Jews came to the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa and said, "Poison (death) ('sam' instead of 'salam') be upon you." 'A'isha  radiyallah anha said, "And upon you and may the curse of Allah and the anger of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet  Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Easy, 'A'isha, you must be gentle. Beware of harshness and coarseness."

She radiyallahu anhu  asked, "Didn't you hear what they said?" He Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Didn't you hear what I said? I repeated it to them and what I said about them will be accepted and what they said about me will not be accepted."

Hadith 312

Abdullah  radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"A believer is not a defamer nor a curser nor coarse nor obscene."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptySat Sep 14, 2024 9:11 pm

Hadith 313

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"A person who is two-faced cannot be trusted."

Hadith 314

'Abdullah radiyallahu anhu said, "The most blameworthy thing in a believer's character is coarseness."

Hadith 315

'Ubayd al-Kindi al-Kufi reported that he heard 'Ali ibn Abi Talib radiyallahu anhu said, "The cursers are cursed."

The transmitter, Marwan ibn Mu'awiya, said that he means those who curse other people.

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptySun Sep 15, 2024 6:16 pm

246. Someone who curses

Hadith 316

Abu'd-Darda' radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"Those who curse will be neither witnesses nor intercessors on the Day of Rising."

Hadith 317

Abu Hurayra radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"The truthful person must not be a curser."

Hadith 318

Hudhayfa radiyallahu anhu said, "People do not cure one another without that curse coming true."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 12:23 am

247. The person who curses his slave and then frees him

Hadith 319

'A'isha  radiyallah anha reported that Abu Bakr  radiyallahu anhu  cursed one of his slaves and the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Abu Bakr! The cursers and the truthful! No, by the Lord of the Ka'bah," and he Sallalahu aleihi wa
repeated that two or three times.

That very same day Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu  freed one of his slaves. The Prophet,   Sallalahu aleihi wa came and said,

"Do not do that again (i.e. curse someone)."

rosebar

248. Cursing one another with the curse of Allah, with the anger of Allah, and with the Fire

Hadith 320

Samura  radiyallah anha reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"Do not curse one another with the curse of Allah, not the anger of Allah nor with the Fire."

rosebar

249. Cursing an unbeliever

Hadith 321

Abu Hurayra  radiyallahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa was asked, "Messenger of Allah, invoke a curse for us against the idolaters.'

He Sallalahu aleihi wa  replied, 'I was not sent as a curser. I was sent as a mercy.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 1:32 pm

250. Slander/Mischief-Maker

Hadith 322

Hammam said, "We were with Hudhayfa  radiyallahu anhu when he was told, 'A man used to spy on people and then inform 'Uthman  radiyallahu anhu .' Hudhayfa  radiyallahu anhu said, 'I heard the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , say,

"A mischief-maker will not enter the Garden."'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 4:13 pm

Hadith 323

Asma' bint Yazid radiyallah anha  reported that the Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa , said,

"Shall I tell you who is the best of you?"

"Yes,," they replied. He Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Those who remind you of Allah when you see them." He Sallalahu aleihi wa  went on to say,

"Shall I tell you who is the worst of you?"

"Yes," they replied. He Sallalahu aleihi wa  said,

"Those who go about slandering, causing mischief between friends in order to separate them, and desiring to lead the innocent into wrong action."

rosebar

251. Someone who hears about an indecency and then spreads it about

Hadith 324

'Ali ibn Abi Talib Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The person who says something indecent and the person who makes it known are equal as far as the wrong action is concerned."

Hadith 325

Shubayl ibn 'Awf radiyallahu anhu said, "It is said, 'Whoever hears something indecent and then spreads it is like the one who originated it.'"

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 5:25 pm

Hadith 326

'Ata thought that an exemplary punishment should be carried out on anyone who makes adultery known. He said, "He has made indecency known."

rosebar

252. The fault-finder

Hadith 327

Hukaym ibn Sa'd heard 'Ali say, "Do not be hasty, spreading and divulging secrets. Ahead of you lies a severe, distressing affliction and events which would take a long time explain namely oppressive conflicts."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Hadith 328

Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu  said, "When you want to mention your companion's faults, remember your own faults."

Hadith 329

Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu   spoke about the words of Allah Almighty, "Do not find fault with one another" (49:11) and he said that these words mean, "Do not attack one another."

Hadith 330

Ad-Dahhak said, "It was about us (the Banu Salima) that these words were revealed, 'Do not find fault with one another' (49:11)" He went on to say, "The Messenger of Allah,  Sallalahu aleihi wa and grant him peace, came to us and there was not a man among us who did not have two names. The Prophet,  Sallalahu aleihi wa  began to say, 'O so-and-so!' and they said, 'Messenger of Allah! That will make him angry!'"

Hadith 331

'Ikrima radiyallahu anhu  was heard to say, "I do not know which of them, either Ibn 'Abbas or Ibn 'Umar, (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) was giving his companions food, and a slave girl was working in their presence. One of them (the people present) said to her, 'Adulteress!' He  said, 'Easy! If she does not exact the hadd punishment (i.e. for slander) from you in this world, she will take it from you in the Next World.' The man said, 'And what do you think if it (what I said) is the truth?' He replied, 'Allah does not love anyone who greatly exceeds the sounds in speaking of indecencies."

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2024 9:12 pm

Hadith 332

'Abdullah radiyallahu anhu reported that the Prophet, Sallalahu aleihi wa , said.

"The believer is neither a defamer nor a curser nor outrageous nor obscene."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation   Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 15 - Cursing and Defamation
Page 1 of 1