The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72) Empty
PostSubject: The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72)   The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72) EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 6:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid

Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72) S5a7211

Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah [`Isa], son of Maryam.  '' And the Messiah said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.'' Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrongdoers there are no helpers. (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72)

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid

Allah states that the Christians such sects as Monarchite, Jacobite and Nestorite are disbelievers, those among them who say that `Isa is Allah. Allah is far holier than what they attribute to Him. They made this claim in spite of the fact that `Isa (Alayhi Salam) made it known that he was the servant of Allah and His Messenger. The first words that `Isa uttered when he was still a baby in the cradle were, "I am `Abdullah (the servant of Allah).'' He did not say, "I am Allah,'' or, "I am the son of Allah.'' Rather, he said,

Verily, I am a servant of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet (Surah Maryam 19: 30).  until he said,

"And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the straight path.'' (Surah Maryam 19: 36) He also proclaimed to them when he was a man, after he was sent as a Prophet, commanding them to worship his Lord and their Lord, alone without partners.

Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir (Abridged)  
Back to top Go down

The Disbelief of the Christians; `Isa Only called to Tawhid (Surah Al-Ma’idah 5: 72)
Page 1 of 1