The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 209 - The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 209 - The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 209 - The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution   Chapter 209 - The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 5:21 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 209

The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution

Hadith 1146

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said to Bilal radiyallahu anhu    

"Tell me about the most hopeful act (i.e., one which you deem the most rewarding with Allah) you have done since your acceptance of Islam because I heard the sound of the steps of your shoes in front of me in Jannah.''

Bilal radiyallahu anhu   said: "I do not consider any act more hopeful than that whenever I make Wudhu' (or took a bath) in an hour of night or day, I would immediately perform Salat (prayer) for as long as was destined for me to perform.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: The word "Tuhur'' is used for "Wudhu", Ghusl and Tayammum because one gets the ritual purity by all these means and then one can perform Salat freely. It means that every time during the day or night Bilal made Wudhu or Ghusl, he would invariably perform some Nafl prayer. Some of the Ahadith explicitly say two Rak`ah. This act of his so much pleased Allah that he was blessed with the distinction which was witnessed by the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa himself. This Hadith proves the merit of performing two Rak`ah prayer after ablution. Some `Ulama' hold that this two Rak`ah prayer as well as Tahiyyatul-Masjid are permissible even in hours when Salat is Makruh (undesirable), while others stick to the injunctions which regard Nafl Salat after Fajr and `Asr prayer undesirable.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith 1144  of Chapter 208  red cherries
pink necklace  See also the video included in Hadith 1147 Chapter 210   pink necklace
Back to top Go down

Chapter 209 - The Excellence of Performing two Rak'ah of Voluntary Prayer after Ablution
Page 1 of 1