The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:42 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 185

The Merits of Ablutions (Wudhu)

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, wipe (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e., after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes from responding to the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e., sexual intercourse) and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour to you that you may be thankful.'' (5:6)

Hadith 1024

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying:

"On the Day of Resurrection, my followers (or Ummah) will be summoned `Al-Ghurr Al-Muhajjalun' from the traces of Wudhu. Whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: The word "Ghurr'' is the plural of "Agharr'' which means shining or white. It is used for animals (like a horse), i.e., a white mark on its face. Here, it refers to that radiance which will issue from the brows of the believers on the Day of Resurrection and which will make them prominent. Muhajjalun is from Tahjil which also means whiteness but it is used for that whiteness which is found on all the four or at least on three legs of a horse. Here, it refers to that light which will shine through the hands and feet of the believers because of their habit of performing Wudhu. This means that the believers among the Muslims will be distinguished from other communities by virtue of the refulgence issuing from their faces, hands and feet on the Day of Resurrection in the same way that a horse with a white forehead is easily distinguished from other horses.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1025

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard my Khalil (the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa) as saying,

"The adornment of the believer (in Jannah) will reach the places where the water of Wudhu reaches (his body).'' [Muslim].

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:46 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1026

Uthman bin `Affan radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He who performs the Wudhu' perfectly (i.e., according to Sunnah), his sins will depart from his body, even from under his nails.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: To perform Wudhu' in a proper manner means to perform it according to Sunnah. Ejection of sins from the body means forgiveness of sins, and the word `sins' here stands for minor sins because major sins are not forgiven without devout penitence.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1025   pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:49 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1027

Uthman bin `Affan radiyallahu anhu reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa performing Wudhu' the way I have just done it and said  Sallalahu aleihi wa ,

"He who performs Wudhu' like this, his previous sins will be forgiven and his Salat and walking to the Masjid will be considered as supererogatory act of worship.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: Wudhu' is a means of remission of minor sins, provided those sins are not related to the rights of people because they too will not be forgiven without penitence and compensating the aggrieved or the wronged. To perform Wudhu' at home before proceeding to the Masjid for Salat is highly meritorious. He who does so, will be purged of minor sins. Then his going to the Masjid and performance of Salat there, is a means for gaining further reward.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1025   pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1028

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"When a Muslim, or a believer, washes his face (in the course of Wudhu'), every sin which he committed with his eyes, will be washed away from his face with water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin which is committed by his hands will be effaced from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin his feet committed will be washed away with the water, or with the last drop of water; until he finally emerges cleansed of all his sins.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith has the same meaning mentioned in the preceding Ahadith. That is to say, such minor sins are washed off by Wudhu'. In other words, Wudhu' is a means of purification of the body as well as the soul.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:01 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1029

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa went to the (Baqi`) cemetery and said,

"May you be secured from punishment, O dwellers of abode of the believers! We, if Allah wills, we will follow you. I wish we see my brothers.''  

The Companions (Radhi Allahu Anhum) said, "O Messenger of Allah! Are not we your brothers?'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"You are my Companions, but my brothers are those who have not come into the world yet.''

They said; "O Messenger of Allah! How will you recognize those of your Ummah who are not born yet?'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Say, if a man has white-footed horses with white foreheads among horses which are pure black, will he not recognize his own horses?''  

They said; "Certainly, O Messenger of Allah!'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"They (my followers) will come with bright faces and white limbs because of Wudhu'; and I will arrive at the Haud (Al-Kauthar) ahead of them.'' [Muslim].

Commentary:
On the principle "The believers are brothers'' that is manifested in Surah Al-Hujurat of the Qur'an (49:10), the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa regarded all the successive generations of Muslims as his brothers. His Companions have an added distinction that they are his brothers as well as his companions.

This Hadith also mentions Haud Al-Kauthar which is awarded to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa on the Day of Requital, and he will give water from it to his  followers after which they will never feel thirst. Those who invent innovations in religion, will be deprived of this honour, as is evident from other narratives.

Farat is a person who goes ahead of the others in the caravan and makes arrangements for the encampment and provisions of the caravan. It is a unique distinction of the Muslims that their Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa will be holding that position on the Day of Requital.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:04 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1030

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Shall I not tell you something by which Allah effaces the sins and elevates ranks (in Jannah)?''

The Companions (Radhi Allahu Anhum) said; "Certainly, O Messenger of Allah.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Performing the Wudhu' thoroughly in spite of difficult circumstances, walking with more paces to the Masjid, and waiting for the next As-Salat (the prayer) after observing Salat; and that is Ar-Ribat, and that is Ar-Ribat.''  [Muslim].

Commentary: Hardship and unpleasantness here stand for the uneasiness that one feels while performing Wud' in severe cold. Ar-Ribat means watching the frontiers or battlefront to check the invasion of the enemy. To wait for the next Salat after offering a Salat is regarded as Ribat for the reason that by so doing, a person who is particular in offering Salat keeps himself constantly engaged in the obedience and worship of Allah to keep Satan away from him.

red cherries For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1029 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:06 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1031

Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Wudhu' is half the Iman.''  [Muslim].

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 1032

Umar bin Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Whoever of you performs Wudhu' carefully and then affirms: `Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallahu Wahdahu la sharika Lahu, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa Rasuluhu [I testify that there so no true god except Allah Alone, Who has no partners and that Muhammad ( is His slave and Messenger],' the eight gates of Jannah are opened for him. He may enter through whichever of these gates he desires (to enter).'' [Muslim].

In the narration in At-Tirmidhi, it is added: "Allahummaj-`alni minat-tawwabina, waj-`alni minal-mutatahhirin (O Allah make me among those who repent and purify themselves).''

Commentary: Tahur (means Wudhu') which is the foremost condition for Salat. One is not permitted to perform Salat without Wud' in the prescribed manner. Wudhu' is regarded as "half of the Salat'' and this principle makes its importance clear.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 1031   pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')   Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu') Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 185 - The Merits of Ablutions (Wudu')
Page 1 of 1