The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt   Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 pm

bismillah1

Chapter 174

Supplication on Alighting at a Halt

Hadith 982

Khaulah bint Hakim radiyallah anha reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying,

"Whosoever alights somewhere and says: `A`udhu bikalimat-illahit-tammati min sharri ma khalaqa (I seek refuge with the Perfect Words of Allah from the evil of what He has created),' nothing will harm him until he leaves that place.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: Wherever and whenever we stay, be it at night or in the day time, for a short or long duration, we should recite this supplication.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 979 of Chapter 171 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt   Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 983

Ibn `Umar (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: Whenever the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa set out on a journey, he would say by nightfall:

"Ya ardu, Rabbi wa Rabbuk-illahu, a`udhu billahi min sharriki wa sharri ma fiki, wa sharri ma khuliqa fiki, wa sharri ma yadibbu `alaiki; a`udhu billahi min sharri asadin wa aswadin, wa minalhayyati wal-`aqrabi, wa min sakinil-baladi, wa min walidin wa ma walad [O land, my Rabb and your Rabb is Allah, I seek refuge in Him from your evils, the evils of what you contain, the evils of what has been created in you, and the evils of what walks upon you. I seek refuge in Allah from lions, black serpents, scorpions and from the inhabitants of the place, and from the parent (i.e., Satan) and his offspring who inhabit a settlement (i.e., helpers from amongst the devils)].''
[Abu Dawud].

Commentary: This prayer teaches us to seek Allah's Protection against all animals and poisonous insects of the earth. Among earth dwellers are also included jinn. In the dark of night one may encounter harm from all such creatures. We are recommended to recite this prayer more at night, than during the day because harm is more likely to take place at night; and whoever recites this prayer with the firm belief that Allah will protect him against all the evils mentioned in the Hadith, Allah will surely protect him.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 174 - Supplication on Alighting at a Halt
Page 1 of 1