The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un

Insha Allah we will be sharing videos of a Brother who died in an accident in Turkey, during the month of Ramadan.

Huda TV informed its viewers of Ossama Elsahmy's death after a major accident in Turkey the first day of Ramadan on his way to the Taraweeh prayer. He was committed to the ICU until he passed away a few days later. Ossama Elsahmy used to work for Huda TV as a news anchor and talk show host for a few years.

Brother Ossama was a youth with a lot of zeal and love for Allah, His Deen and the Ummah. Before working for Huda Tv and while still in the USA, he made videos with his limited knowledge and uploaded them on YouTube to inspire our youth to return back to the true teachings of Islam.

Masha Allah a person who used his youth to serve Allah and His Deen.  While watching his videos, we will realize that this young brother was working towards meeting his Lord, a fate that all of us will face one day.

May his videos be an inspiration to our youth for many generations to come and May he be continually rewarded for his efforts and may they be added to his scale of good deeds. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala reward him with the Jannatul-Firdaus, forgive him, his shortcomings and sins and give strength and Sabr to his loved ones. Ameen.

Before sharing his videos we would like to share what two brothers have to say about him.

rosebar
Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Brother Ossama Elshamy

Brother Ossama Elshamy was about iman. He was about raising your iman. He was about keeping his iman fresh and high. He wasn't a scholar, although he studied and was in the process of earning scholarly credentials. He delivered khutbas, made amateur and professional videos, but not from the academic  perspective. Brother Ossama was pragmatic and intelligent, he understood that everyone had a role in this Ummah. Brother Ossama found his role in calling non Muslims to  Allah, and calling Muslims back to Allah. After several years of working with him,  I was privileged to see how talented he was at it during the four year stint working at Huda TV.

Ossama hit the channel like a whirlwind, bringing a never before level of professionalism to the channel. He was standing up, talking live calls, incoming telephones calls coming in off the hook. I found Ossama to be an amazing character. He was the youngest and most talented of all of us. His academic background was in media and journalism,and he already had work experience in a television channel in the United States.

All things considered, one might expect someone with that kind of profile to  be arrogant. On the contrary, Ossama was the exact opposite. He loved to help people, your success was his success. He loved to encourage and coach new people to become versions of their better self. During our time at Huda TV, I'd seen him work hard behind the scenes on programs that weren't even his. He did all of this for the sake of Allah. He gave up his life in the United States to live  in a Muslim country to benefit Muslim people however he could. After graduating college, he landed a well paying job at a television channel on the east coast. Career wise he already accomplished so much, he was a young graduate, he had a dedicated following of young Muslims, he landed a job at a  television company, but he gave it all up to move to a developing country,where he put in long hours at the channel because he took dawa seriously.

Working with Ossama brought us close. I learned that he was born to Egyptian  parents and lived in the KSA for the first ten years of his life. His family later moved to the USA, where he grew into a rising star in dawa. He gave khutba's in various states, including Utah, where a young Mormon guy became Muslim shortly thereafter. Allah knows best, but it seemed that Ossama was on course to become the next rising star of dawa in the United States.

After political changes in the Arab world, I decided to return to California, and brother Ossama decided to accept a great offer to work as the Editor in Chief. I started a new career, and Ossama excelled at Anadalou, where he even published some work at CNN. It only seemed like a matter of time before Ossama was on a major news network, and the best part about it was that he was a sincere practicing Muslim simply serving Islam though his work. For the last two years, Ossama stayed in touch with me, always believing in my potential as journalist, and hired me on as an editor at Anadalou Agency. It felt great to be in touch with him again. I tenatively planned to  visit him in Turkey. Being a Greek revert to Islam, it was great having a good friend in Turkey. I love Ottoman history, and at the same time I have a friend to visit.

Everything changed this Ramadan (i.e. Ramadan 1437), when  Ossama passed away. He was a loving husband and father, a great brother and a  man of faith. Please don't forget him in your dua. May Allah have mercy on him, ameen.

Malik A. Evangelatos

Bachelor of Arts, English and World Literature
University of California, Los Angeles

Huda TV News Anchor  Author of  Sultan's Secret and Between Two Worlds

red rose
Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:02 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Here's a few thoughts about Ossama.

It was Ossama Elshamy who picked me up and brought me to the Huda TV office for my first day of work. He was driving a bright red car whose color seemed to match my level of excitement. On the way, Ossama spoke with me about his experience and work history at Huda. His voice was confident and comforting, which reflects his unassuming personality. Ossama gave practical advise to help me start off well. As a fellow American citizen, he understood, perhaps better than anyone else, that I would have to manage my expectations as a migrant from a highly developed country to a developing one even if for the sake of Allah. And that was Ossama, a perfect gentleman always willing (and able) to offer practical help and advise.

He also received help well. A few days after starting, I offered a suggestion for improving a work process. Ossama thanked me for the idea and implemented it readily. And when my idea proved to be helpful, Ossama was careful to give me the credit before others. Ossama was a man of great talent who balanced it with great humility.

Working close to him, I also witnessed a high level of patience and optimism. When I would sometimes be frustrated or disappointed with a work-related situation, Ossama was always ready with a positive perspective. I was truly amazed with his ability to take a problem (big or small) and consistently have a beautiful, patient response.

Ossama was a great brother who lived good Islam and followed the traditions of Prophet Muhammad  Sallalahu aleihi wa . May Almighty Allah have mercy on him, forgive him and grant him the highest level of paradise. Ameen

Ali Coleman

Huda Tv News Anchor

Huda TV put together a short clip in honor of our brother Ossama Elshamy-May Allah have mercy on him and grant his family strength. (Fast forward to the 2:20 mark) This clip was presented by Brother Ali Coleman. (click on the link below brother Ali's name to watch the clip.)

red rose1

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala reward both Brothers Malik and Ali for their efforts and grant them Khair both in this World and the Next Ameen.
Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:17 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Here are some videos to get you started on a new journey

Insha Allah we will adding his personal videos as well as those from Huda Tv from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:32 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Subhanallah  this is so emotional May Allah reward him with Jannatul-firduas Ameen

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 am

A very short video with a powerful message

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:19 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:31 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:09 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:27 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:39 am

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.   In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah)  – a Youth who spent his time wisely. Empty

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Brother Ossama Elshamy (Yarhamahu Allah) – a Youth who spent his time wisely.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next