The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 01-Emancipation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01-Emancipation Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 01-Emancipation   Chapter 01-Emancipation EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:54 am

bismillah1 

Chapter I
Emancipation

1462. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Any Muslim, who emancipates another Muslim man, Allah will set free from Hell Fire an organ of his body, for every organ of the other's (i.e. from the body of the emancipated person )." Agreed upon.

pinkheartsmall 

1463. At-Tirmidhi transmitted on the authority of Abu Umamah radiyallahu anhu 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Any Muslim man, who emancipates two Muslim women, they will be his release from Hell Fire." At-Tirmidhi graded it as Sahih.

pinkheartsmall

1464. Abu Dawud transmitted on the authority of Kab bin Murrah radiyallahu anhu 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Any Muslim woman, who emancipates another Muslim woman, she will be her release from Hell Fire."

pinkheartsmall

1465. Abu Dharr radiyallahu anhu narrated, I asked the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa 'Which action is the most excellent?' He replied, "Faith in Allah and Jihad in His Cause." I then asked, 'Which slaves are the most excellent (for the purpose of emancipating them) and he replied, "Those whose prices are the highest and are the most valuable to their owners." Agreed upon.

pinkheartsmall

1466. Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Anyone who emancipates his share in a slave and has enough money to pay the full price for him, a fair price for the slave should be fixed. His partners should be given their shares, and the slave should thus be emancipated. Otherwise he is emancipated only to the extent of the first man's share." Agreed upon.

pinkheartsmall

1467. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Otherwise he will be required to work to pay for his freedom, but he must not be overburdened." Agreed upon.

pinkheartsmall

1468. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu , narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "A son cannot ever repay his parents what he owes them,(437) unless he finds them in slavery, then buys them and emancipates them." Related by Muslim.

437. Meaning all that he did for him, bringing him up, keeping him, supporting him, caring for him etc.

pinkheartsmall

1469. Samurah bin Jundub radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, ''Whoever obtains possession of a relative, who is next of kin, that person becomes free." Related by Ahmad and the four Imams. Some scholars are of the opinion that it is Mawquf (not connected to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa )

pinkheartsmall

1470. Imran bin Husain radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'A man who had no other property emancipated six of his slaves at the time of his death. Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa sent for them, and after dividing them into three groups, he cast lots among them, set two of them free and kept four in slavery, and spoke very harshly to the man (who emancipated them).(438)Related by Muslim.

438. This Hadith is evidence that only one third of a dead man's property could be given in his will, to those who are not of his legal heirs.

pinkheartsmall

1471. Safinah radiyallah anha narrated, 'I was a slave of Umm Salamah and she said, 'I shall emancipate you, but on the condition that you serve Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa long as you live.' Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i and Al-Hakim.

pinkheartsmall

1472. Aishah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Wala (439) is (legally) for the manumitter." Agreed upon. It is part of a long Hadith (refer to Book 7, Chapter 1,Hadith no.811).

439. Wala refers to the right of inheriting the property of a manumitted slave after his death. Refer to Book 7, Chapter 1,Hadith no.811

pinkheartsmall

1473. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The Wala (of a manumitted slave) is considered as one's lineage, not to be sold or donated (refer to Hadith no. 984 Book Chapter 20)." Related by Ash-Shafi'i Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih. It is also related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim with different wording.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01-Emancipation
Page 1 of 1