The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Dua of Yusuf - Surah Yusuf 12:33

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Dua of Yusuf - Surah Yusuf 12:33 Empty
PostSubject: The Dua of Yusuf - Surah Yusuf 12:33   The Dua of Yusuf - Surah Yusuf 12:33 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:27 pm

As Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

The Dua of Yusuf

قَالَ رَبِّ السِّجْنُ أَحَبُّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا يَدْعُونَنِي إِلَيْهِ

“He said, ‘My Lord, the prison is more beloved to me than what they call me towards,….”

(Surah Yusuf 12:33)

Explanation:

Imagine being the most attractive person in your city and many members of the opposite gender want you in an unlawful manner. This is probably one of the hardest tests for any person to overcome. It is for this reason that I find the reaction of Prophet Yusuf (peace be upon him) to this test truly amazing.

Not only did he refuse to commit any sin but he made Dua to go to prison in order to escape this Fitnah! To him, being in prison was better than being in a situation in which it is easy to fall into sin. This is true faith at its strongest.

In this story, Allah has provided all young Muslims until the end of time with a brilliant role model of chastity, self-control and piety. We ask Allah to give us all the strength to avoid the temptation of these kinds of sins.

As an added incentive to stay away from such sins, remember that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) informed us that one of the seven types of people who will be under the shade of Allah’s throne on the Day of Judgment is one who resisted temptation from an attractive member of the opposite gender.

We ask Allah to protect us from tests that we can’t handle and to give us the strength to do what pleases Him in all situations.

Source: Verse of the Day Collection by Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar
Back to top Go down

The Dua of Yusuf - Surah Yusuf 12:33
Page 1 of 1