The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Surah Al-Fatihah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aisha
Librarian.
Librarian.
Aisha

Surah Al-Fatihah Empty
PostSubject: Surah Al-Fatihah   Surah Al-Fatihah EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah large

1 بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

2 الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

3 الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

4 مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ

5 إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

6 اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ

7 صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

Surah Al-Fatihah

1 In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

2 All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).

3 The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

4 The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

5 You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

6 Guide us to the Straight Way.

7 The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (i.e. those who knew the Truth, but did not follow it) nor of those who went astray (i.e. those who did not follow the Truth out of ignorance and error). ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tafseer

Quote :
This Surah is called Al-Fatihah, that is, the Opener of the Book, the Surah with which prayers are begun. It is also called, Umm Al-Kitab (the Mother of the Book), according to the majority of the scholars. In an authentic Hadith recorded by At-Tirmidhi, who graded it Sahih, Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(Al-Hamdu lillahi Rabbil-`Alamin is the Mother of the Qur'an, the Mother of the Book, and the seven repeated Ayat of the Glorious Qur'an.)

It is also called Al-Hamd and As-Salah, because the Prophet said that his Lord said,

(`The prayer (i.e., Al-Fatihah) is divided into two halves between Me and My servants.' When the servant says, `All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of existence,' Allah says, 'My servant has praised Me.')

Al-Fatihah was called the Salah, because reciting it is a condition for the correctness of Salah - the prayer. Al-Fatihah was also called Ash-Shifa' (the Cure).

It is also called Ar-Ruqyah (remedy), since in the Sahih, there is the narration of Abu Sa`id telling the the story of the Companion who used Al-Fatihah as a remedy for the tribal chief who was poisoned. Later, the Messenger of Allah said to a Companion,

(How did you know that it is a Ruqyah)

Al-Fatihah was revealed in Makkah as Ibn `Abbas, Qatadah and Abu Al-`Aliyah stated. Allah said,

(And indeed, We have bestowed upon you the seven Mathani) (seven repeatedly recited verses), (i.e. Surat Al-Fatihah) (15:87). Allah knows best.

For further reading go to Tafsir Ibn Kathir (explaining the meaning of the translation of this surah)

Click on the pic for the audio link and more mashaAllah:
Surah Al-Fatihah 110
Back to top Go down
http://easelandink.com

Surah Al-Fatihah
Page 1 of 1