The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Words of Wisdom - Luqman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Words of Wisdom - Luqman Empty
PostSubject: Words of Wisdom - Luqman   Words of Wisdom - Luqman EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I received this article via email .. something we should all think about and try to achieve. Insha Allah

From Where to Where

A person who was taken aback by the honour given to Luqman (alaihis salaam) once approached him and asked: “Are you the very same Luqman who was a slave of the Banu Has-haas tribe?” Luqman (alaihis salaam) replied: “Yes!”
The man then asked: “Are you the very same person who used to herd sheep?” Luqman (alalais salaam) replied: “Yes!”
The person asked yet again: “Are you the very same person with a dark complexion?” Luqman (alaihis salaam) replied: “My dark complexion is quite visible and clear to one and all, but what is it that really astonishes you regarding me?”
The man replied: “I am astonished that people flock to your gathering and eagerly accept your advice.” Luqman (alaihis salaam) then advised him saying: “Young man! You can also receive this very same rank and honour provided you adhere to the following aspects:

1. Lower your gaze

2. Control your tongue

3. Eat that which is pure and halaal

4. Guard your private parts

5. Adhere to the truth

6. Fulfill your trusts

7. Honour your guests

8. Take care of your neighbours

9. Stay away from what does not concern you

These are the qualities that elevated me to the position that you see me enjoying.” (Tafseer Ibnu Katheer vol 3 pg 459)

Lesson: The above incident highlights the fact that one does not become honourable and respectable on the basis of his lineage or skin colour. Instead it is the qualities in a person that elevate him.
Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom - Luqman
Page 1 of 1