The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram   Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:20 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 4

The Etiquettes of Ihram.

747. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to start saying the Talbiyah. (after entering the state of Ihram) from tbe mosque of Dhul Hulaifah (i.e, from the Miqat of Madinah).' Agreed upon.

divider

748. Khallad bin as-Sa'ib narrated on the authority of his father, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Jibril. (peace be upon him) came to me and told me: 'Command your Companions
to raise their voices when saying Talbiyah." Related by the five Imams and rendered authentic by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibban.

divider

749. Zaid bin Thabit radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'When the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa intended to make Ihram for Hajj he would wash, and take off his ordinary clothes (and put on his white Ihram)." Related by At-Tirmidhi who declared it to be Hadith Hasan.

divider

750. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa was asked about what the person who is in a state of Ihram (Muhrim) should wear. He answered, "A person in the state of Ihram is not allowed to wear a sewn shirt, a turban, trousers, a hooded robe, shoes or sewn slippers (Khuff 220), unless one is unable to find unsown slippers, then he may wear his Khuff or shoes provided one cuts them below the ankles, and you must not wear clothing that has been dyed with sweet smelling fragrance (such as saffron)." Agreed upon, and the wording is from Muslim.

220. Leather foot-wear which covers the ankles

divider

751. 'A'ishah radiyallah anha narrated, 'I used to apply perfume to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa when he intended to enter the state of Ihram, before he put on his Ihram (garments). And again when he ended his state of Ihram, but before he had made Tawaf around the Ka'bah,' (221) Agreed upon.

221. Perfume may be used on the body as well as on the Hajj garments, but only before making the intention to enter the state of Ihram.

divider

752. 'Uthman bin 'Affan radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "A Muhrim (one in the state of Ihram) must not contract marriage, nor help others contract marriage, nor get engaged to marry." Related by Muslim.

divider

753. Abu Qatadah Al-Ansari radiyallahu anhu narrated concerning his hunting a zebra while he is not in a state of Ihram (222) that 'Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa said to Abu Qatadah's companions -who were in a state of Ihram, "Did anyone of you ask Abu Qatadah to attack the herd or point it out to him?" They said, 'No.' The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa then said, "Then, you may eat what is left of the quarry." Agreed upon.

222. Abu Qatadah reported that Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa went out to perform Hajj and they accompanied him. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa dispatched a group, including Abu Qatadah, and told them to follow the seashore until they meet him again. All of them except for Abu Qatadah were in the state of Ihram. On the way, they saw a herd of zebras. Abu Qatadah caught a female zebra and they all ate from its meat, but they wondered if it was permissible for them to eat of it as they were in the state of Ihram (because it is not permissible for the one in the state of Ihram to engage in hunting or eating land game). Then they carried the rest of the meat to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa , and told him the wbole story. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa asked them, "Did any or you ask Abu Qatadah to attack the herd, ..... " (as in the hadith). Scholars deduced from this story that it is permissible for the Muhrim. to eat land game as long as he did not ask for it to be hunted, pointed it out to the person who hunted it or helped in the hunt.

divider

754. As-Sa'b bin Jath-thamah al-Laithi radiyallahu anhu narrated, He presented to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa the meat of a zebra while he was in the area known as al-Abwa' or Waddan. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa declined it, and said to him, "We declined your present only because we are in the state of Ihram. " (223) Agreed upon.

223. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa declined the present because the man caught it especially for the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa while he was in the state of Ihram" What is allowed for the Muhrim is to eat what was given as a present from land game that was not caught for the Muhrim but for the one who is not in the state of Ihram. who caught it for himself and then decided to give some of it to the Muhrim as a present.

divider

755. 'A'ishah radiyallah anha narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Five kinds of animals are vicious and harmful., and they may be killed outside or inside the sacred area of Haram. (Sanctuary). These are: the scorpion, the kite, the crow, the mouse, and the rabid dog." Agreed upon.
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram   Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm

bismillah4

756. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa had himself cupped while he was in the state of Ihram. Agreed upon.

divider

757. Ka'b bin 'Ujrah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'I was carried to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and the lice were falling over my face. He said, "I did not know that your disease is hurting you as much as what I see. Can you sacrifice a sheep?" I said, 'No.' He then said, "Fast for three days or feed six poor people, half a Sa' each," (224) Agreed upon.

224. In another narration: or dates.

divider

758. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'When Allah, the Most High granted His Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa victory on the conquest of Makkah, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa addressed the people, so he glorified Allah and praised Him, and said, "Allah withheld the elephant from Makkah (225) and empowered His Messenger and the believers over it, It has not been made lawful (i.e. fighting in it) for anyone before me, but it has been lawful for me only "for a few hours on that day (of the conquest), and it will not be made lawful to anyone after me (to enter it fighting). Its wild game must not be frightened. its thorns are not to be cut. No one is allowed to pick up lost articles (Luqatah) unless he announces it (what he has found) publicly (in order to return it to the owner. If anyone has someone murdered inside its boundaries, then he has the choice of the best of two options (i.e. either to accept compensation,i.e. blood money or to retaliate).Al-'Abbas radiyallahu anhu then said, 'Except for the Idhkhar (a kind of nice smelling grass, which is used by goldsmiths and burnt in households.) (226)

225. Referring to the Abyssinian expedition against Makkah, meaning to destroy the Ka'bah, but Allah, protected His Sacred House, and they went back defeated after Allah sent flocks of birds on them (Surah 105).

226- In another narration the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said to Al-'Abbas, "Except for the Idhkhar," Which means that it is excluded from the prohibition of cutting wild plants for the reasons that Al-Abbas mentioned.

divider

759. Abdullah bin Zaid bin 'Asim radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Ibrahim declared Makkah as a Haram. (Sanctuary) and made supplication for its people, and I declare Madinah to be a Haram. just as Ibrahim declared Makkah as a Haram, and I made supplication for its Mudd and Sa' (refer to hadith no. 650), just as Ibrahim made
supplication for the people of Makkah." Agreed upon.

divider

760. Ali bin Abi Talib radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said. "Madinah is a Haram. (Sanctuary) and its Sacred Precincts extend from 'Air to Thawr (the names of two mountains)." Related by Muslim.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 04-The Etiquettes of Ihram
Page 1 of 1