The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 255.

Narrated by Abu 'Uthman: I heard that Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to become angry if someone mentioned that he had migrated before his father ('Umar), and he used to say, " 'Umar and I came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and found him having his midday rest, so we returned home. Then 'Umar sent me again (to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) and said, 'Go and see whether he is awake.' I went to him and entered his place and gave him the pledge of allegiance. Then I went back to 'Umar and informed him that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was awake. So we both went, running slowly, and when 'Umar entered his place, he gave him the pledge of allegiance and thereafter I too gave him the pledge of allegiance."

Hadith Number 256.

Narrated by Al-Bara: Abu Bakr bought a (camel's) saddle from 'Azib, and I carried it for him. 'Azib (i.e. my father) asked Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu) regarding the journey of the migration of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). Abu Bakr said, "Close observers were appointed by our enemies to watch us. So we went out at night and travelled throughout the night and the following day till it was noon, then we perceived a rock and went towards it, and there was some shade under it. I spread a cloak I had with me for Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) layed on it. I went out to guard him and all of a sudden I saw a shepherd coming with his sheep looking for the same, the shade of the rock as we did, I asked him, 'O boy, to whom do you belong?' He replied, 'I belong to so-and-so.' I asked him, 'Is there some milk in your sheep?' He replied in the affirmative. I asked him, 'Will you milk?' He replied in the affirmative. Then he got hold of one of his sheep. I said to him, 'Remove the dust from its udder.' Then he milked a little milk. I had a water-skin with me which was tied with a piece of cloth. I had prepared the water-skin for Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). So I poured some water over the milk (container) till its bottom became cold. Then I brought the milk to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, 'Drink, O Allah's Messenger.' Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) drank till I became pleased. Then we departed and the pursuers were following us." Al-Bara added: I then went with Abu Bakr into his home (carrying that saddle) and there I saw his daughter 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) lying in a bed because of heavy fever and I saw her father Abu Bakr kissing her cheek and saying, "How are you, little daughter?"

Hadith Number 257.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): (The servant of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived (at Al-Madinah), there was not a single companion of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who had grey and black hair except Abu Bakr, and he dyed his hair with Henna' and Katam (i.e. plants used for dying hair). Through another group of narrators, Anas bin Malik said,. "When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived at Al-Madinah, the eldest amongst his companions was Abu Bakr. He dyed his hair with Henna and Katam till it became of dark red color.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 258.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Abu Bakr married a woman from the tribe of Bani Kalb, called Um Bakr. When Abu Bakr migrated to Al-Madinah, he divorced her and she was married by her cousin, the poet who said the following poem lamenting the infidels of Quraish:

"What is there kept in the well, the well of Badr, (the owners of) the trays of roasted camel humps? What is there kept in the well, the well of Badr, (the owners of) lady singers and friends of the honorable companions; who used to drink (wine) together, Um Bakr greets us with the greeting of peace, but can I find peace after my people have gone? The Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) tells us that We shall live again, But what sort of life will owls and skulls live?" (*)

* The Arabs of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance believed that when a person died, his soul would leave his skull, taking the shape of an owl.

Hadith Number 259.

Narrated by Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I was with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in the Cave. When I raised my head, I saw the feet of the people. I said, "O Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)! If some of them should look down, they will see us." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Abu Bakr, be quiet! (For we are) two and Allah is the Third of us."

Hadith Number 260.

Narrated by Abu Said (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once a bedouin came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and asked him about the migration. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Mercy of Allah be on you! The migration is a quite difficult matter. Have you got some camels?" He replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do you give their Zakat?" He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do you let others benefit by their milk gratis?" He replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "Do you milk them on their watering days and give their milk to the poor and needy?" He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), said, "Go on doing like this from beyond the seas, and there is no doubt that Allah will not overlook any of your good deeds."

Hadith Number 261.

Narrated by Al-Bara (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The first people who came to us (in Al-Madinah) were Mus'ab bin 'Umar and Ibn Um Maktum. Then came to us 'Ammar bin Yasir and Bilal. (Radhi Allahu Anhum)

Hadith Number 262.

Narrated by Al-Bara bin Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The first people who came to us (in Al-Madinah) were Mus'ab bin 'Umar and Ibn Um Maktum (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) who were teaching Qur'an to the people. Then their came Bilal, Sad and 'Ammar bin Yasir (Radhi Allahu Anhum). After that 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) came along with twenty other companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). Later on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) himself (to Al-Madinah) and I had never seen the people of Al-Madinah so joyful as they were on the arrival of Allah's Messenger, for even the slave girls were saying, "Allah's Messenger has arrived!" And before his arrival I had read the Surah starting with: "Glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most High" (Surah Al-A'la 87:1) together with other Surahs of Al-Mufassal.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 263.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to Al-Madinah, Abu Bakr and Bilal (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) got fever, and I went to both of them and said, "O my father, how do you feel? O Bilal, how do you feel?" Whenever Abu Bakr's fever got worse, he would say, "Every man will meet his death once in one morning while he will be among his family, for death is really nearer to him than his leather shoe laces (to his feet)." And whenever fever deserted Bilal, he would say aloud, "Would that I know whether I shall spend a night in the valley (of Makkah) with Idhkhir and Jalil (i.e. kinds of grass) around me, and whether I shall drink one day the water of Mijannah, and whether I shall see once again the hills of Shamah and Tafil?" Then I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and told him of that. He said, "O Allah, make us love Al-Madinah as much as or more than we used to love Makkah, O Allah, make it healthy and bless its Sa' and Mud (i.e. measures), and take away its fever to Al-Juhfa." (*)

* Al-Juhfa was a village near to Rabugh between Jeddah and Al-Madinah.

Hadith Number 264.

Narrated by 'Ubaidullah bin Ad bin Khiyair: I went to Uthman. After reciting Tashah-hud, he said, "Then after no doubt, Allah sent Muhammad with the Truth, and I was amongst those who responded to the Call of Allah and His Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and believed in the message of Muhammad, then took part in the two migrations. I became the son-in-law of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and gave the pledge of allegiance to him By Allah, I never disobeyed him, nor did I deceive him till Allah took him unto Him."

Hadith Number 265.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): During the last Hajj led by 'Umar, 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (Radhi Allahu Anhu) returned to his family at Mina and met him there. 'AbdurRahman said (to 'Umar), "O chief of the believers! The season of Hajj is the season when there comes the scum of the people (besides the good amongst them), so I recommend that you should wait till you go back to Al-Madinah, for it is the place of Migration and Sunnah (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)'s tradition), and there you will be able to refer the matter (*) to the religious scholars and the nobles and the people of wise opinions." 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "I will speak of it in Al-Madinah on my very first sermon I will deliver there."

* 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "So-and-so says, 'If 'Umar died (now) I would give the solemn pledge to so-snd-so, as the pledge which was given to Abu Bakr was nothing but an unexpected event which happened to be fulfilled.'" 'Umar then became angry and said, "This evening I will deliver a sermon before the people to warn them of such people who desire to usurp the right of their managing their own affairs." 'Abdur-Rahman (Radhi Allahu Anhu) then had to quieten 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) as is mentioned in the present Hadith.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:53 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 266.

Narrated by 'Um al-'Ala, an Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Messenger! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Messenger of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," (*) By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds."

* No doubt, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) knew that he will go to Paradise but he liked that the knowledge of unseen should be referred to Allah, as to Him belongs the knowledge of unseen.

Hadith Number 267.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The day of Bu'ath was a day (i.e. battle) which Allah caused to take place just before the mission of His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) so that when Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to Al-Madinah, they (the tribes) had divided (into hostile groups) and their nobles had been killed; and all that facilitated their conversion to Islam.

Hadith Number 268.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): That once Abu Bakr came to her on the day of 'Id-ul-Fitr or 'Id ul Adha while the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was with her and there were two girl singers with her, singing songs of the Ansar about the day of Buath. Abu Bakr said twice. "Musical instrument of Satan!" But the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Leave them Abu Bakr, for every nation has an 'Id (i.e. festival) and this day is our 'Id."

Hadith Number 269.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived at Al-Madinah, he alighted at the upper part of Al-Madinah among the people called Bani 'Amr bin 'Auf and he stayed with them for fourteen nights. Then he sent for the chiefs of Bani An-Najjar, and they came, carrying their swords. As if I am just now looking at Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on his she-camel with Abu Bakr riding behind him (on the same camel) and the chiefs of Bani An-Najjar around him till he dismounted in the courtyard of Abu Aiyub's home. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to offer the prayer wherever the prayer was due, and he would pray even in sheepfolds. Then he ordered that the Masjid be built. He sent for the chiefs of Banu An-Najjar, and when they came, he said, "O Banu An-Najjar! Suggest to me the price of this garden of yours." They replied "No! By Allah, we do not demand its price except from Allah." In that garden there were the (following) things that I will tell you: Graves of pagans, unleveled land with holes and pits etc., and date-palm trees. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered that the graves of the pagans be dug up and, the unleveled land be leveled and the date-palm trees be cut down. The trunks of the trees were arranged so as to form the wall facing the Qibla. The Stone pillars were built at the sides of its gate. The companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) were carrying the stones and reciting some lyrics, and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)... was with them and they were saying, "O Allah! There is no good except the good of the Hereafter, so bestow victory on the Ansar and the Emigrants."

Hadith Number 270.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Humaid Az-Zuhri: I heard 'Umar bin 'Abdul-Aziz asking As-Sa'ib, the nephew of An-Nimr. "What have you heard about residing in Makkah?" The other said, "I heard Al-Ala bin Al-Hadrami saying, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: An Emigrant is allowed to stay in Makkah for three days after departing from Mina (i.e. after performing all the ceremonies of Hajj)"

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 271.

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad: The Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) companions did not take as a starting date for the Muslim calendar, the day, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had been sent as an Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) or the day of his death, but the day of his arrival at Al-Madinah.

Hadith Number 272.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Originally, two Rakat were prescribed in every prayer. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) migrated (to Al-Madinah) four Rakat were enjoined, while the journey prayer remained unchanged (i.e. two Rakat).

Hadith Number 273.

Narrated by Sad bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): In the year of Hajjat-ul-Wada' the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) visited me when I fell ill and was about to die because of that illness. I said, "O Allah's Messenger! I am very ill as you see, and I am a rich man and have no heir except my only daughter. Shall I give 2/3 of my property in charity?" He said, "No." I said, "Shall I then give one half of it in charity?" He said, "O Sa'd! Give 1/3 (in charity) and even 1/3 is too much. No doubt, it is better to leave your children rich than to leave them poor, reduced to begging from others. And Allah will reward you for whatever you spend with the intention of gaining Allah's Pleasure even if it were a mouthful of food you put into your wives mouth." I said, "O Allah's Messenger! Am I to be left behind (in Makkah) after my companions have gone?" He said, "If you should be left behind, you will be upgraded and elevated for every deed you will do with a desire to achieve Allah's Pleasure. I hope that you will live long so that some people will benefit by you while others will be harmed. O Allah! Please fulfill the migration of my companions and do not make them turn back on their heels. (*) But (we feel sorry for) the unlucky Sa'd bin Khaulah." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) lamented his death in Makkah.

* So Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas did not die at Makkah, (who is mentioned in this Hadith) but another man Sa'd bin Khaulah died in Makkah.

Hadith Number 274.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When 'Abdur-Rahman bin Auf came to Al-Madinah and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) established the bond of brotherhood between him and Sad bin Ar-Rabi-al-Ansari, Saud suggested that 'Abdur-Rahman should accept half of his property and family. 'Abdur Rahman said, "May Allah bless you in your family and property; guide me to the market." So 'Abdur-Rahman (while doing business in the market) made some profit of some condensed dry yoghurt and butter. After a few days the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saw him wearing clothes stained with yellow perfume. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "What is this, O 'Abdur-Rahman?" He said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have married an Ansar' woman." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "What have you given her as Mahr?" He (i.e. 'Abdur-Rahman) said, "A piece of gold, about the weight of a date stone." Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, Give a banquet, even though of a sheep."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 275.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the news of the arrival of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) at Al-Madinah reached 'Abdullah bin Salam, he went to him to ask him about certain things, He said, "I am going to ask you about three things which only a Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) can answer: What is the first sign of The Hour? What is the first food which the people of Paradise will eat? Why does a child attract the similarity to his father or to his mother?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Jibril has just now informed me of that." Ibn Salam said, "He (i.e. Jibril (Alayhi Salam)) is the enemy of the Jews amongst the angels. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "As for the first sign of The Hour, it will be a fire that will collect the people from the East to the West. As for the first meal which the people of Paradise will eat, it will be the caudate (extra) lobe of the fish-liver. As for the child, if the man's discharge proceeds the woman's discharge, the child attracts the similarity to the man, and if the woman's discharge proceeds the man's, then the child attracts the similarity to the woman."

On this, 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and that you are the Messenger of Allah." and added, "O Allah's Messenger! Jews invent such lies as make one astonished, so please ask them about me before they know about my conversion to Islam." The Jews came, and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "What kind of man is 'Abdullah bin Salam among you?" They replied, "The best of us and the son of the best of us and the most superior among us, and the son of the most superior among us. "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "What would you think if 'Abdullah bin Salam should embrace Islam?" They said, "May Allah protect him from that." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) repeated his question and they gave the same answer. Then 'Abdullah came out to them and said, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah!" On this, the Jews said, "He is the most wicked among us and the son of the most wicked among us." So they degraded him. On this, he (i.e. 'Abdullah bin Salam) said, "It is this that I was afraid of, O Allah's Messenger!

Hadith Number 276.

Narrated by Abu Al-Minhal 'AbdurRahman bin Mut'im : A partner of mine sold some Dirhams on credit in the market. I said, "Glorified be Allah! Is this legal?" He replied, "Glorified be Allah! By Allah, when I sold them in the market, nobody objected to it." Then I asked Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (about it) he said, "We used to make such a transaction when the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to Al-Madinah. So he said, 'There is no harm in it if it is done from hand to hand, but it is not allowed on credit.' Go to Zaid bin Al- Arqam and ask him about it for he was the greatest trader of all of us." So I asked Zaid bin Al-Arqam., and he said the same (as Al-Bara) did."

Hadith Number 277.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Had only ten Jews (amongst their chiefs) believe me, all the Jews would definitely have believed me."

Hadith Number 278.

Narrated by Abu Musa (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived at Al-Madinah, he noticed that some people among the Jews used to respect Ashura' (i.e. 10th of Muharram) and fast on it. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, "We have more right to observe fast on this day." and ordered that fasting should be observed on it.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:58 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 279.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived at Al-Madinah he found that the Jews observed fast on the day of 'Ashura'. They were asked the reason for the fast. They replied, "This is the day when Allah caused Musa and the children of Israel to have victory over Pharaoh, so we fast on this day as a sign of glorifying it." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "We are closer to Musa than you." Then he ordered that fasting on this day should be observed.

Hadith Number 280.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to keep his hair falling loose while the pagans used to part their hair, and the People of the Scriptures used to keep their hair falling loose, and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) liked to follow the People of the Scriptures in matters about which he had not been instructed differently, but later on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) started parting his hair.

Hadith Number 281.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): They, the people of the Scriptures, divided this Scripture into parts, believing in some portions of it and disbelieving the others. (See s15:91)

Hadith Number 282.

Narrated by Salman Al-Farisi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That he was sold (as a slave) by one master to another for more than ten times (i.e between 13 and 19).

Hadith Number 283.

Narrated by Salman (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I am from Ram-Hurmuz (i.e. a Persian town).

Hadith Number 284.

Narrated by Salman (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The interval between Isa (Alayhi Salam) (Jesus) and Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was six hundred years.

Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 Div14b

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)   Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Fifty Eight – The Book on the Merits of the Helpers in Al-Madinah (Ansar)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2