Don't forget to click on the Full Reading
link to read the Jumu’ah Khutbah
We selected for this week.Yawm Al-Jumu’ah starts from Maghrib (sunset) on Thursday till the end of Asr on Friday.Audio Recitation by: Sheikh Abdullah Basfar.
The English is read by Ibrahaim Walk using the Saheeh International Translation.
Click on the radio to listen to the recitation.
This week’s Khutbah Selection The Virtues of Muharram and Fasting on ‘Aashooraa’
by Muhammad Al-Munajjid
1) The importance of the month and why it was given this name.
2) The virtue of observing extra nafl (voluntary) fasts during Muharram.
3) Allaah gives preference to certain times and places over others.
4) ‘Aashooraa’ in History.
5) The virtues of fasting ‘Aashooraa’.
6) Which day is ‘Aashooraa’?
7) Encouraging the fast of Taasoo’aa’ with ‘Aashooraa’ and the reasoning behind that.
8) The Islamic ruling on singling out the day of ‘Aashooraa’ for fasting.
9) Fasting on ‘Aashooraa’ if it falls on a Friday or Saturday.
10) What should be done if there is confusion about the beginning of the month
11) What does fasting ‘Aashooraa’ expiate?
12) One must not focus solely on the reward of fasting and overlook their sins.
13) Fasting ‘Aashooraa’ when one still has days to make up from Ramadaan.
14) Common Bid’ahs (innovations) falsely attached to ‘Aashooraa’.