The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:33 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 165.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) died while his (iron) armour was mortgaged to a Jew for thirty Sa’s of barley.

Hadith Number 166.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The example of a miser and the one who gives in charity, is like the example of two men wearing iron cloaks so tightly that their arms are raised forcibly towards their collar-bones. So, whenever a charitable person wants to give in charity, his cloak spreads over his body so much so that it wipes out his traces, (*) but whenever the miser wants to give in charity, the rings (of the iron cloak) come closer to each other and press over his body, and his hands gets connected to his collar-bones. (**) Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying. "The miser then tries to widen it but in vain."

* "Traces" here stands for sins. Charitable deeds cancel one's sins.

** When a miser thinks of paying in charity, he feels dispirited and bored and remains sincere to his miserliness.

Hadith Number 167.

Narrated by Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went out to answer the call of nature and on his return I brought some water to him. He performed the ablution while he was wearing a Shami cloak. He rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out, and washed his face. Then he tried to take out his hands through his sleeves but they were tight, so he took them out from underneath, washed them and passed wet hands over his head and over his leather socks.

Hadith Number 168.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) allowed 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhum) to wear silken shirts because they had a skin disease causing itching.

Hadith Number 169.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): As above.

Hadith Number 170.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Abdur Rahman bin 'Auf and Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) complained to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), i.e. about the lice (that caused itching) so he allowed them to wear silken clothes. I saw them wearing such clothes in a holy battle.

Hadith Number 171.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) allowed 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) to wear silk.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 172.
Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): (Wearing of silk) was allowed to them (i.e. 'AbdurRahman and Az-Zubair) because of the itching they suffered from.

Hadith Number 173.

Narrated by Umaiya Ad-Damari (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) eating of a shoulder (of a sheep) by cutting from it and then he was called to prayer and he prayed without repeating his ablution.

Hadith Number 174.

Narrated by Az-Zuhri: As above (Hadith No. 173...) and added that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) put the knife down.

Hadith Number 175.

Narrated by Khalid bin Ma'dan: That 'Umair bin Al-Aswad Al-Anasi told him that he went to 'Ubada bin As-Samit while he was staying in his house at the sea-shore of Hims with (his wife) Um Haram. 'Umair said. Um Haram informed us that she heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "Paradise is granted to the first batch of my followers who will undertake a naval expedition." Um Haram added, I said, 'O Allah's Messenger! Will I be amongst them?' He replied, 'You are amongst them.' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, 'The first army amongst my followers who will invade Caesar's City will be forgiven their sins.' I asked, 'Will I be one of them, O Allah's Messenger?' He replied in the negative."

Hadith Number 176.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray them) saying, 'O 'Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.'"

Hadith Number 177.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say, "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Hadith Number 178.

Narrated by 'Amr bin Taghlib (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "One of the portents of the Hour is that you will fight with people wearing shoes made of hair; and one of the portents of the Hour is that you will fight with broad-faced people whose faces will look like shields coated with leather."

Hadith Number 179.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Turks; people with small eyes, red faces, and flat noses. Their faces will look like shields coated with leather. The Hour will not be established till you fight with people whose shoes are made of hair."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 180.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The Hour will not be established till you fight with people wearing shoes made of hair. And the Hour will not be established till you fight with people whose faces look like shields coated with leather. " (Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added, "(They will be) small-eyed, flat nosed, and their faces will look like shields coated with leather.")

Hadith Number 181.

Narrated by Abu Ishaq: A man asked Al-Bara (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "O Abu 'Umara! Did you all flee on the day (of the battle) of Hunain?" He replied, "No, by Allah! Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not flee, but his young unarmed companions passed by the archers of the tribe of Hawazin and Bani Nasr whose arrows hardly missed a target, and they threw arrows at them hardly missing a shot. So the Muslims retreated towards the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while he was riding his white mule which was being led by his cousin Abu Sufyan bin Al-Harith bin 'Abdul Muttalib. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) dismounted and invoked Allah for victory; then he said, 'I am the Prophet, without a lie; I am the son of 'Abdul Muttalib”, and then he arranged his companions in rows."

Hadith Number 182.

Narrated by 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When it was the day of the battle of Al-Ahzab (i.e. the clans), Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Allah! Fill their (i.e. the infidels') houses and graves with fire as they busied us so much that we did not perform the prayer (i.e. 'Asr) till the sun set."

Hadith Number 183.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to recite the following invocations during Qunut: "O Allah! Save Salama bin Hisham. O Allah! Save Al-Walid bin Al-Walid. O Allah! Save 'Aiyash bin Rabi'a O Allah ! Save the weak Muslims. O Allah! Be very hard on Mudar tribe. O Allah! Afflict them with years (of famine) similar to the (famine) years of the time of Prophet Yusuf (Alayhi Salam)."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 184.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) invoked evil upon the pagans on the day (of the battle) of Al-Ahzab, saying, "O Allah! The Revealer of the Holy Book, the Swift-Taker of Accounts, O Allah, defeat Al-Ahzab (i.e. the clans), O Allah, defeat them and shake them."

Hadith Number 185.

Narrated by Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was offering the prayer in the shade of the Ka'bah. Abu Jahl and some Quraishi men sent somebody to bring the abdominal contents of a she-camel which had been slaughtered somewhere in Makkah, and when he brought them, they put them over the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). Then Fatima (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)'s daughter) came and threw them away from him, and he said, "O Allah! Destroy (the pagans of) Quraish; O Allah! Destroy Quraish; O Allah Destroy Quraish," naming especially Abu Jahl bin Hisham, 'Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al Walid bin 'Utba, Ubai bin Khalaf and 'Uqba bin Abi Muit. (The narrator, 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added, "I saw them all killed and thrown in the Badr well).

Hadith Number 186.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Once the Jews came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "Death be upon you." So I cursed them. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "What is the matter?" I said, "Have you not heard what they said?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Have you not heard what I replied (to them)? (He said, 'The same is upon you.')" (*)

* There is a great similarity between the pronunciation of the Arabic words meaning “peace” and “death”. The first is “as-salamu” and the second is “as-samu”. The Jews instead of saying “As-Salamu Alaikum” said, “As-Samu Alaikum”, intending to invoke evil upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rather than to greet him, but the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) noticed what they had said and invoked evil upon them in his turn. They were the losers, for Allah would accept the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) invocation and reject theirs.

Hadith Number 187.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) wrote a letter to Caesar saying, "If you reject Islam, you will be responsible for the sins of the peasants (i.e. your people)."

Hadith Number 188.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Tufail bin 'Amr Ad-Dausi and his companions came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! The people of the tribe of Daus disobeyed and refused to follow you; so invoke Allah against them." The people said, "The tribe of Daus is ruined." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Allah! Give guidance to the people of Daus, and let them embrace Islam."

Hadith Number 189.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) intended to write a letter to the ruler of the Byzantines, he was told that those people did not read any letter unless it was stamped with a seal. So, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got a silver ring... as if I were just looking at its white glitter on his hand... and stamped on it the expression "Muhammad, Messenger of Allah".

Hadith Number 190.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent his letter to Khusrau and ordered his messenger to hand it over to the Governor of Bahrain who was to hand it over to Khusrau. So, when Khusrau read the letter he tore it. Said bin Al-Musaiyab said, "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then invoked Allah to disperse them with full dispersion, (destroy them (i.e. Khusrau and his followers) severely)".

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 191.

Narrated by Abdullah bin Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) wrote to Caesar and invited him to Islam and sent him his letter with Dihya Al-Kalbi whom Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered to hand it over to the Governor of Busra who would forward it to Caesar. Caesar as a sign of gratitude to Allah, had walked from Hims to Ilya (i.e. Jerusalem) when Allah had granted Him victory over the Persian forces. So, when the letter of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) reached Caesar, he said after reading t, 'Seek for me any one of his people! (Arabs of Quraish tribe) if present here, in order to ask him about Allah's Messenger. At that time Abu Sufyan bin Harb was in Sham with some men from Quraish who had come (to Sham) as merchants during the truce that had been concluded between Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam); and the infidels of Quraish. Abu Sufyan said, Caesar's messenger found us somewhere in Sham so he took me and my companions to Ilya and we were admitted into Ceasar's court to find him sitting in his royal court wearing a crown and surrounded by the senior dignitaries of the Byzantine.

He said to his translator. 'Ask them who amongst them is a close relation to the man who claims to be a Prophet." Abu Sufyan added, "I replied, 'I am the nearest relative to him.' He asked, 'What degree of relationship do you have with him?' I replied, 'He is my cousin,' and there was none of Bani Abu Manaf in the caravan except myself. Caesar said, 'Let him come nearer.' He then ordered that my companions stand behind me near my shoulder and said to his translator, 'Tell his companions that I am going to ask this man about the man who claims to be a Prophet. If he tells a lie, they should contradict him immediately." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had it not been shameful that my companions label me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about him when he asked me. But I considered it shameful to be called a liar by my companions. So I told the truth. He then said to his translator, 'Ask him what kind of family does he belong to.' I replied, 'He belongs to a noble family amongst us.' He said, 'Have anybody else amongst you ever claimed the same before him? 'I replied, 'No.' He said, 'Had you ever blamed him for telling lies before he claimed what he claimed? ' I replied, 'No.' He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?' I replied, 'No.' He said, "Do the noble or the poor follow him?' I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.' He said, 'Are they increasing or decreasing (day by day)?' I replied,' They are increasing.' He said, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his Religion become displeased and then discard his Religion?'. I replied, 'No. ' He said, 'Does he break his promises? I replied, 'No, but we are now at truce with him and we are afraid that he may betray us." Abu Sufyan added, "Other than the last sentence, I could not say anything against him. Caesar then asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?' I replied, 'Yes.' He said, 'What was the outcome of your battles with him?' I replied, 'The result was unstable; sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.' He said, 'What does he order you to do?' I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah alone, and not to worship others along with Him, and to leave all that our fore-fathers used to worship. He orders us to pray, give in charity, be chaste, keep promises and return what is entrusted to us.'

When I had said that, Caesar said to his translator, 'Say to him: I ask you about his lineage and your reply was that he belonged to a noble family. In fact, all the Messengers came from the noblest lineage of their nations. Then I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you had claimed such a thing, and your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following a claim that had been said before him. When I asked you whether he was ever blamed for telling lies, your reply was in the negative, so I took it for granted that a person who did not tell a lie about (others) the people could never tell a lie about Allah. Then I asked you whether any of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom. When I asked you whether the rich or the poor people followed him, you replied that it was the poor who followed him. In fact, such are the followers of the Messengers. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing. In fact, this is the result of true faith till it is complete (in all respects). I asked you whether there was anybody who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion; your reply was in the negative. In fact, this is the sign of true faith, for when its cheerfulness enters and mixes in the hearts completely, nobody will be displeased with it. I asked you whether he had ever broken his promise. You replied in the negative. And such are the Messengers; they never break their promises. When I asked you whether you fought with him and he fought with you, you replied that he did, and that sometimes he was victorious and sometimes you. Indeed, such are the Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)s; they are put to trials and the final victory is always theirs. Then I asked you what he ordered you. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah alone and not to worship others along with Him, to leave all that your fore-fathers used to worship, to offer prayers, to speak the truth, to be chaste, to keep promises, and to return what is entrusted to you. These are really the qualities of a Prophet who, I knew (from the previous Scriptures) would appear, but I did not know that he would be from amongst you. If what you say should be true, he will very soon occupy the earth under my feet, and if I knew that I would reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet Him; and were I with him, then I would certainly wash his feet.' " Abu Sufyan added, "Caesar then asked for the letter of Allah's Messenger and it was read. Its contents were:

"In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad, the slave of Allah, and His Messenger, to Heraculius, the Ruler of the Byzantine. Peace be upon the followers of guidance. Now then, I invite you to Islam (i.e. surrender to Allah), embrace Islam and you will be safe; embrace Islam and Allah will bestow on you a double reward. But if you reject this invitation of Islam, you shall be responsible for misguiding the peasants (i.e. your nation). O people of the Scriptures! Come to a word common to you and us and you, that we worship. None but Allah, and that we associate nothing in worship with Him; and that none of us shall take others as Lords besides Allah. Then if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are (they who have surrendered (unto Him)... (Surah Aal-‘Imran 3: 64)

Abu Sufyan added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech, there was a great hue and cry caused by the Byzantine Royalties surrounding him, and there was so much noise that I did not understand what they said. So, we were turned out of the court. When I went out with my companions and we were alone, I said to them, 'Verily, Ibn Abi Kabsha's (i.e. the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) (*) affair has gained power. This is the King of Bani Al-Asfar fearing him." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah, I remained low and was sure that his religion would be victorious till Allah converted me to Islam, though I disliked it."

* The name Ibn Abi Kabasha was said by Abu Sufyan just to slight the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) for this was not one of the Prophet's names.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 192.

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That he heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on the day (of the battle) of Khaibar saying, "I will give the flag to a person at whose hands Allah will grant victory." So, the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up, wishing eagerly to see to whom the flag will be given, and everyone of them wished to be given the flag. But the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked for 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu). Someone informed him that he was suffering from eye-trouble. So, he ordered them to bring 'Ali in front of him. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) spat in his eyes and his eyes were cured immediately as if he had never any eye-trouble. 'Ali said, "We will fight with them (i.e. infidels) till they become like us (i.e. Muslims)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Be patient, till you face them and invite them to Islam and inform them of what Allah has enjoined upon them. By Allah! If a single person embraces Islam at your hands (i.e. through you), that will be better for you than the red camels."

Hadith Number 193.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) attacked some people, he would never attack them till it was dawn. If he heard the Adhan (i.e. call for prayer) (*) he would delay the fight, and if he did not hear the Adhan, he would attack them immediately after dawn. We reached Khaibar at night.

* The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) would wait till dawn to see whether the people he was attacking had been converted to Islam or not, and the sign of their embracing Islam will be the pronunciation of the Adhan. He would not attack them if he heard the Adhan.

Hadith Number 194.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Same as Hadith No. 193 above.

Hadith Number 195.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) set out for Khaibar and reached it at night. He used not to attack if he reached the people at night, till the day broke. So, when the day dawned, the Jews came out with their bags and spades. When they saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam); they said, "Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, Allahu-Akbar! (Allah is Greater) and Khaibar is ruined, for whenever we approach a nation (i.e. enemy to fight) then it will be a miserable morning for those who have been warned."

Hadith Number 196.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)"

Hadith Number 197.

Narrated by Ka'b bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) intended to lead a Ghazwa, he would use an equivocation from which one would understand that he was going to a different destination.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 198.

Narrated by Ka'b bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) intended to carry out a Ghazwa, he would use an equivocation to conceal his real destination till it was the Ghazwa of Tabuk which Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) carried out in very hot weather. As he was going to face a very long journey through a wasteland and was to meet and attack a large number of enemies. So, he made the situation clear to the Muslims so that they might prepare themselves accordingly and get ready to conquer their enemy. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) informed them of the destination he was heading for (Ka'b bin Malik used to say, "Scarcely did Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) set out for a journey on a day other than Thursday.")

Hadith Number 199.

Narrated by Ka'b bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) set out on Thursday for the Ghazwa of Tabuk and he used to prefer to set out (i.e. travel) on Thursdays.

Hadith Number 200.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) offered a four-Rak'at Dhuhr prayer at Al-Madinah and then offered a two Rak'at 'Asr prayer at Dhul-Hulaifah and I heard the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) reciting Talbiyyah aloud (for Hajj and 'Umrah) altogether.

Hadith Number 201.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): We set out in the company of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) five days before the end of Dhul-Qa'dah intending to perform Hajj only. When we approached Makkah Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered those who did not have the Hadi (i.e. an animal for sacrifice) with them, to perform the Tawaf around the Ka'bah, and between Safa and Marwah and then finish their Ihram. Beef was brought to us on the day of (i.e. the days of slaughtering) and I asked, "What is this?" Somebody said, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) has slaughtered (a cow) on behalf of his wives."

Hadith Number 202.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) set out in the month of Ramadan. He observed fasting till he reached a place called Kadid where he broke his fast.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 203.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The 'Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "It is obligatory for one to listen to and obey (the ruler's orders) unless these orders involve one disobedience (to Allah); but if an act of disobedience (to Allah) is imposed, he should not listen to or obey it."

Hadith Number 204.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): he heard Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "We are the last but will be the foremost to enter Paradise)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) added, "He who obeys me, obeys Allah, and he who disobeys me, disobeys Allah. He who obeys the chief, obeys me, and he who disobeys the chief, disobeys me. The Imam is like a shelter for whose safety the Muslims should fight and where they should seek protection. If the Imam orders people with righteousness and rules justly, then he will be rewarded for that, and if he does the opposite, he will be responsible for that."

Hadith Number 205.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): When we reached (Hudaibiyah) in the next year (of the treaty of Hudaibiyah), not even two men amongst us agreed unanimously as to which was the tree under which we had given the pledge of allegiance, and that was out of Allah's Mercy. (*) (The sub narrator asked Naf'i, "For what did the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) take their pledge of allegiance, was it for death?" Naf'i replied "No, but he took their pledge of allegiance for patience.")

* The narrator thanks Allah for disabling them to recognize the tree lest people should take it as something sacred because of the good that started under it when the first group of Ansar embraced Islam.

Hadith Number 206.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That in the time (of the battle) of Al-Harra a person came to him and said, "Ibn Hanzala is taking the pledge of allegiance from the people for death." He said, "I will never give a pledge of allegiance for such a thing to anyone after Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)."

Hadith Number 207.

Narrated by Yazid bin Ubaid: Salama (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "I gave the Pledge of allegiance (Al-Ridwan) to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and then I moved to the shade of a tree. When the number of people around the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) diminished, he said, 'O Ibn Al-Akwa'! Will you not give to me the pledge of Allegiance?' I replied, 'O Allah's Messenger! I have already given to you the pledge of Allegiance.' He said, 'Do it again.' So I gave the pledge of allegiance for the second time." I asked 'O Abu Muslim! For what did you give him the pledge of Allegiance on that day?" He replied, "We gave the pledge of Allegiance for death."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 208.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): On the day (of the battle) of the Trench, the Ansar were saying, "We are those who have sworn allegiance to Muhammad for Jihad (for ever) as long as we live." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied to them, "O Allah! There is no life except the life of the Hereafter. So honour the Ansar and emigrants with your generosity."

And Narrated Mujashi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): My brother and I came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and I requested him to take the pledge of allegiance from us for migration. He said, "Migration has passed away with its people." (*) I asked, "For what will you take the pledge of allegiance from us then?" He said, "I will take (the pledge) for Islam and Jihad."

* Migration was no longer required after the conquest of Makkah.

Hadith Number 209.

Narrated by Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Today a man came to me and asked me a question which I did not know how to answer. He said, "Tell me, if a wealthy active man, well-equipped with arms, goes out on military expeditions with our chiefs, and orders us to do such things as we cannot do (should we obey him?)" I replied, "By Allah, I do not know what to reply you, except that we, were in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he used to order us to do a thing once only till we finished it. And no doubt, everyone among you will remain in a good state as long as he obeys Allah. If one is in doubt as to the legality of something, he should ask somebody who would satisfy him, but soon will come a time when you will not find such a man. By Him, except Whom none has the right to be worshipped. I see that the example of what has passed of this life (to what remains thereof) is like a pond whose fresh water has been used up and nothing remains but muddy water."

Hadith Number 210.

Narrated by Salim Abu An-Nadr : The freed slave of 'Umar bin 'Ubaidullah who was 'Umar's clerk: 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) wrote him (i.e. 'Umar) a letter that contained the following:

"Once Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (during a holy battle), waited till the sun had declined and then he got up among the people and said, "O people! Do not wish to face the enemy (in a battle) and ask Allah to save you (from calamities) but if you should face the enemy, then be patient and let it be known to you that Paradise is under the shades of swords." He then said,, "O Allah! The Revealer of the (Holy) Book, the Mover of the clouds, and Defeater of Al-Ahzab (i.e. the clans of infidels), defeat them (infidels) and bestow victory upon us."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 211.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I participated in a Ghazwa along with Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) met me (on the way) while I was riding a camel of ours used for irrigation and it had got so tired that it could hardly walk. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked me, "What is wrong with the camel?" I replied, "It has got tired." So Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came from behind it and rebuked it and prayed for it so it started surpassing the other camels and going ahead of them. Then he asked me, "How do you find your camel (now)?" I replied, "I find it quite well, now as it has received your blessings." He said, "Will you sell it to me?" I felt shy (to refuse his offer) though it was the only camel for irrigation we had. So, I said, "Yes." He said, "Sell it to me then." I sold it to him on the condition that I should keep on riding it till I reached Al-Madinah. Then I said, "O Allah's Messenger! I am a bridegroom," and requested him to allow me to go home. He allowed me, and I set out for Al-Madinah before the people till I reached Al-Madinah, where I met my uncle, who asked me about the camel and I informed him all about it and he blamed me for that. When I took the permission of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) he asked me whether I had married a virgin or a matron and I replied that I had married a matron. He said, "Why hadn't you married a virgin who would have played with you, and you would have played with her?" I replied, "O Allah's Messenger! My father died (or was martyred) and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl like them who would neither teach them manners nor serve them. So, I have married a matron so that she may serve them and teach them manners." When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived in Al-Madinah, I took the camel to him the next morning and he gave me its price and gave me the camel itself as well.

Hadith Number 212.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once there was a feeling of fright at Al-Madinah, so Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rode a horse belonging to Abu Talha and (on his return) he said, "We have not seen anything (fearful), but we found this horse very fast."

Hadith Number 213.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the people got frightened, so Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rode a slow horse belonging to Abu Talha, and he set out all alone, making the horse gallop. Then the people rode, making their horses gallop after him. On his return he said, "Don't be afraid (there is nothing to be afraid of) (and I have found) this horse a very fast one." That horse was never excelled in running hence forward. (Qastalani Vol. 5)

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 214.

Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I gave a horse to be used in Allah's Cause, but later on I saw it being sold. I asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) whether I could buy it. He said, "Don't buy it and don't take back your gift of charity."

Hadith Number 215.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): 'Umar gave a horse to be used in Allah's Cause, but later on he found it being sold. So, he intended to buy it and asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who said, "Don't buy it and don't take back your gift of charity."

Hadith Number 216.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Were it not for the fear that it would be difficult for my followers, I would not have remained behind any Sariya, (army-unit) but I don't have riding camels and have no other means of conveyance to carry them on, and it is hard for me that my companions should remain behind me. No doubt I wish I could fight in Allah's Cause and be martyred and come to life again to be martyred and come to life once more."

Hadith Number 217.

Narrated by Ya'la (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I participated in the Ghazwa of Tabuk along with Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and I gave a young camel to be ridden in Jihad and that was, to me, one of my best deeds. Then I employed a labourer who quarreled with another person. One of them bit the hand of the other and the latter drew his hand from the mouth of the former pulling out his front tooth. Then the former instituted a suit against the latter before the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who rejected that suit saying, "Do you expect him to put out his hand for you to snap as a male camel snaps (vegetation)?"

Hadith Number 218.

Narrated by Tha'laba bin Abi Malik Al-Qurazi: When Qais bin Sa'd Al-Ansari (Radhi Allahu Anhu), who used to carry the flag of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), intended to perform Hajj, he combed his hair.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 219A.

Narrated by Salama bin Al-Akwa' (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Ali remained behind the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) during the battle of Khaibar as he way suffering from some eye trouble but then he said, "How should I stay behind Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)?" So, he set out till he joined the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). On the eve of the day of the conquest of Khaibar, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "(No doubt) I will give the flag tomorrow, to a man whom Allah and His Messenger love or who loves Allah and His Messenger will take the flag. Allah will bestow victory upon him." Suddenly 'Ali joined us though we were not expecting him. The people said, "Here is 'Ali. "So, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave the flag to him and Allah bestowed victory upon him.

Hadith Number 219B.

Narrated by Nafi' bin Jubair: I heard Al-A'bbas telling Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered you to fix the flag here."

Hadith Number 220.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added: Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not benefit by them).

Hadith Number 221.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Abu Sufyan said, "Heraclius sent for me when I was in 'Ilya' (i.e. Jerusalem). Then he asked for the letter of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and when he had finished its reading, there was a great hue and cry around him and the voices grew louder and we were asked to quit the place. When we were turned out, I said to my companions, 'The cause of Ibn Abi Kabsha (*) has become conspicuous as the King of Bani Al-Asfar is afraid of him.'"

* Abu Kabsha was not the father of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) but it was a mockery done by Abu Sufyan out of hostility against the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 222.

Narrated by Asma (Radhi Allahu Anha): I prepared the journey-food for Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in Abu Bakr's (Radhi Allahu Anhu) house when he intended to emigrate to Al-Madinah. I could not find anything to tie the food-container and the water skin with. So, I said to Abu Bakr, "By Allah, I do not find anything to tie (these things) with except my waist belt." He said, "Cut it into two pieces and tie the water-skin with one piece and the food-container with the other (the sub-narrator added, "She did accordingly and that was the reason for calling her Dhatun-Nitaqain (i.e. two-belted woman))."

Hadith Number 223.
Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): During the life-time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) we used to take the meat of sacrificed animals (as journey food) to Al-Madinah. (See Hadith No. 474 Book 68)

Hadith Number 224.

Narrated by Suwaid bin An-Nu'man (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That he went out in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) during the year of Khaibar (campaign till they reached a place called As-Sahba', the lower part of Khaibar. They offered the 'Asr prayer (there) and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked for the food. Nothing but Sawiq was brought to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). So, they chewed it and ate it and drank water. After that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up, washed his mouth, and they too washed their mouths and then offered the prayer.

Sawiq

Hadith Number 225.

Narrated by Salama (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the journey-food of the people ran short and they were in great need. So, they came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to take his permission for slaughtering their camels, and he permitted them. Then 'Umar met them and they informed him about it. He said, "What will sustain you after your camels (are finished)?" Then 'Umar went to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! What will sustain them after their camels (are finished)?" Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Make an announcement amongst the people that they should bring all their remaining food (to me)." (They brought it and) the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) invoked Allah and asked for His Blessings for it. Then he asked them to bring their food utensils and the people started filling their food utensils with their hands till they were satisfied. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and I am His Messenger."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:33 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 226.

Narrated by Wahb bin Kaisan : Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said, "We set out, and we were three-hundred men carrying our journey-food on our shoulders. Then we began to eat a single date each per day." A man asked (Jabir), "O Abu 'Abdullah! How could a person be satisfied with a single date?" Jabir replied, "We realized the value of that one date when we could not even have that much till we reached the sea-shore, when all of a sudden we saw a huge fish cast by the sea. So, we ate of it as much as we wished for eighteen days."

Hadith Number 227.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): That she said, "O Allah's Messenger! Your companions are returning with the reward of both Hajj and 'Umrah, while I am returning with (the reward of) Hajj only." He said to her, "Go, and let 'Abdur-Rahman (i.e. your brother) make you sit behind him (on the animal)." So, he ordered 'Abdur-Rahman to let her perform 'Umrah from Al-Tan'im. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) waited for her at the higher region of Makkah till she returned.

Hadith Number 228.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered me to let 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) sit behind me (on the animal) and to let her perform 'Umrah from At-Tan'im.

Hadith Number 229.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I was riding behind Abu Talha (on the same) riding animal) and (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)'s companions) were reciting Talbiyyah aloud for both Hajj and 'Umrah.

Hadith Number 230.

Narrated by 'Urwa from Usama bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rode a donkey on which there was a saddle covered by a velvet sheet and let Usama ride behind him (on the donkey).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 231.

Narrated by Nafi': From 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu), Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to Makkah through its higher region on the day of the Conquest (of Makkah) riding his she-camel on which Usama was riding behind him. Bilal and 'Uthman bin Talha, one of the servants of the Ka'bah, were also accompanying him till he made his camel kneel in the Masjid and ordered the latter to bring the key of the Ka'bah. He opened the door of the Ka'bah and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) entered in the company of Usama, Bilal and 'Uthman, and stayed in it for a long period. When he came out, the people rushed to it, and 'Abdullah bin 'Umar was the first to enter it and found Bilal standing behind the door. He asked Bilal, "Where did the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) offer his prayer?" He pointed to the place where he had offered his prayer. 'Abdullah said, "I forgot to ask him how many Rakat he had performed."

Hadith Number 232.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "There is a (compulsory) Sadaqah (charity) to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to Allah) everyday the sun rises. To judge justly between two persons is regarded as Sadaqah, and to help a man concerning his riding animal by helping him to ride it or by lifting his luggage on to it, is also regarded as Sadaqah, and (saying) a good word is also Sadaqah, and every step taken on one's way to offer the compulsory prayer (in the Masjid) is also Sadaqah and to remove a harmful thing from the way is also Sadaqah." (*)

* Sadaqah means something given in charity. Such deeds as are mentioned in this Hadith are considered as charitable deeds as rewardable as gifts given in charity and are taken for signs of gratitude to Allah for creating our complicated yet handy body.

Hadith Number 233.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) forbade the people to travel to a hostile country carrying (copies of) the Qur'an.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:35 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 234.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) reached Khaibar in the morning, while the people were coming out carrying their spades over their shoulders. When they saw him they said, "This is Muhammad and his army! Muhammad and his army!" So, they took refuge in the fort. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) raised both his hands and said, "Allahu-Akbar, Khaibar is ruined, for when we approach a nation (i.e. enemy to fight) then miserable is the morning of the warned ones." Then we found some donkeys which we (killed and) cooked: The announcer of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) announced: "Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) forbid you to eat donkey's meat." So, all the pots including their contents were turned upside down.

Hadith Number 235.

Narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ashari (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We were in the company of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (during Hajj). Whenever we went up a high place we used to say: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and Allah is Greater," and our voices used to rise, so the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O people! Be merciful to yourselves (i.e. don't raise your voice), for you are not calling a deaf or an absent one, but One Who is with you, no doubt He is All-Hearer, ever Near (to all things)."

Hadith Number 236.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever we went up a place we would say, "Allahu-Akbar (i.e. Allah is Greater)", and whenever we went down a place we would say, "Subhan Allah."

Hadith Number 237.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever we went up a place we would say Takbir, and whenever we went down we would say, "Subhan Allah."

Hadith Number 238.

Narrated by Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) returned from the Hajj or the 'Umrah or a Ghazwa, he would say Takbir thrice. Whenever he came upon a mountain path or wasteland, and then he would say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone Who has no partner. All the Kingdom belongs to Him and all the praises are for Him and He is Omnipotent. We are returning with repentance, worshipping, prostrating ourselves and praising our Lord. Allah fulfilled His Promise, granted victory to His slave and He Alone defeated all the clans."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:35 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 239.

Narrated by Ibrahim Abu Isma'il As-Saksaki: I heard Abu Burda who accompanied Yazid bin Abi Kabsha on a journey. Yazid used to observe fasting on journeys. Abu Burda said to him, "I heard Abu Musa (Radhi Allahu Anhu) several times saying that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'When a slave falls ill or travels, then he will get reward similar to that he gets for good deeds practiced at home when in good health."

Hadith Number 240.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): On the day of the battle of the Trench, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) wanted somebody from amongst the people to volunteer to be a reconnoitre. Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu) volunteered. He demanded the same again and Az-Zubair volunteered again. Then he repeated the same demand (thrice) and Az-Zubair volunteered once more. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, " Every Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) has a disciple and my disciple is Az-Zubair."

Hadith Number 241.

Narrated by Ibn' Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): From the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) the following Hadith (No. 242).

Hadith Number 242.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "If the people knew what I know about travelling alone, then nobody would travel alone at night." (*)

* Hadith No.240 shows that travelling alone is permissible if necessary. Hadith No.242 indicates that it is not recommended for one to travel alone if it is not necessary to do so.

Hadith Number 243.

Narrated by Hisham's father: Usama bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) was asked at what pace the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rode during Hajjat-ul-Wada' "He rode at a medium pace, but when he came upon an open way he would go at full pace."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:37 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 244.

Narrated by Aslam: While I was in the company of 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) on the way to Makkah, he received the news of the severe illness of Safiya bint Abi Ubaid (i.e. his wife), so he proceeded at greater speed, and when the twilight disappeared, he dismounted and offered the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together and said, " I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delaying the Maghrib prayer to offer it along with the 'Isha when he was in a hurry on a journey."

Hadith Number 245.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Journey is a piece of torture, for it disturbs one's sleep, eating and drinking. So, when you fulfill your job, you should hurry up to your family."

Hadith Number 246.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) gave a horse to be ridden in Allah's Cause and then he found it being sold. He intended to purchase it. So, he consulted Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who said, "Don't buy it and don't take back your gift of charity."

Hadith Number 247.

Narrated by Aslam: I heard 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) saying, "I gave a horse to be ridden in Allah's Cause and the person who got it intended to sell it or neglected it. So, I wanted to buy it as I thought he would sell it cheap. I consulted the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who said, "Do not buy it even if for one Dirham, because he who takes back his gift is like a dog swallowing its vomit."

Hadith Number 248.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): A man came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asking his permission to take part in Jihad. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked him, "Are your parents alive?" He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "Then exert yourself in their service."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:38 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 249.

Narrated by Abu Bashir Al-Ansari (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That he was in the company of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on some of his journeys. (The sub-narrator 'Abdullah adds, "I think that Abu Bashir also said, 'And the people were at their sleeping places.") Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent a messenger ordering: "There shall not remain any necklace of string or any other kind of necklace round the necks of camels except it is cut off."

Hadith Number 250.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): That he heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "It is not permissible for a man to be alone with a woman, and no lady should travel except with a Muhram (i.e. her husband or a person whom she cannot marry in any case for ever; e.g. her father, brother, etc.)." Then a man got up and said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have enlisted in the army for such-and-such Ghazwa and my wife is proceeding for Hajj." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Go, and perform the Hajj with your wife."

Hadith Number 251.

Narrated by 'Ubaidullah bin Abi Rafi': I heard 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu) saying, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent me, Az-Zubair and Al-Miqdad somewhere saying, 'Proceed till you reach Rawdat Khakh. There you will find a lady with a letter. Take the letter from her.' " So, we set out and our horses ran at full pace till we got at Ar-Rawda where we found the lady and said (to her). "Take out the letter." She replied, "I have no letter with me." We said, "Either you take out the letter or else we will take off your clothes." So, she took it out of her braid. We brought the letter to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and it contained a statement from Hatib bin Abi Balta a to some of the Makkan pagans informing them of some of the intentions of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). Then Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Hatib! What is this?" Hatib replied, "O Allah's Messenger! Don't hasten to give your judgment about me. I was a man closely connected with the Quraish, but I did not belong to this tribe, while the other emigrants with you, had their relatives in Makkah who would protect their dependents and property. So, I wanted to recompense for my lacking blood relation to them by doing them a favour so that they might protect my dependents. I did this neither because of disbelief not apostasy nor out of preferring Kufr (disbelief) to Islam." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), said, "Hatib has told you the truth." 'Umar said, O Allah's Messenger! Allow me to chop off the head of this hypocrite." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Hatib participated in the battle of Badr, and who knows, perhaps Allah has already looked at the Badr warriors and said, 'Do whatever you like, for I have forgiven you."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:39 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 252.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): When it was the day (of the battle) of Badr, prisoners of war were brought including Al-Abbas who was undressed. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) looked for a shirt for him. It was found that the shirt of 'Abdullah bin Ubai would do, so the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) let him wear it. That was the reason why the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) took off and gave his own shirt to 'Abdullah. (The narrator adds, "He had done the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) some favour for which the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) liked to reward him.") (*)

* When 'Abdullah bin Ubai (the chief of the Hypocrites) died, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) let him be shrouded in his (i.e. the Prophet's) own shirt.

Hadith Number 253.

Narrated by Sahl (Radhi Allahu Anhu): On the day (of the battle) of Khaibar the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Tomorrow I will give the flag to somebody who will be given victory (by Allah) and who loves Allah and His Messenger and is loved by Allah and His Messenger." So, the people wondered all that night as to who would receive the flag and in the morning everyone hoped that he would be that person. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "Where is 'Ali?" He was told that 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu) was suffering from eye-trouble, so he applied saliva to his eyes and invoked Allah to cure him. He at once got cured as if he had no ailment. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave him the flag. 'Ali said, "Should I fight them till they become like us (i.e. Muslim)?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Go to them patiently and calmly till you enter the land. Then, invite them to Islam, and inform them what is enjoined upon them, for, by Allah, if Allah gives guidance to somebody through you, it is better for you than possessing red camels."

[b] Hadith Number 254.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Allah wonders at those people who will enter Paradise in chains." (*)

* The people referred to here may be the prisoners of war who were captured and chained by the Muslims and their imprisonment was the cause of their conversion to Islam. So it is as if their chains were the means of winning Paradise.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 255.

Narrated by Abu Burda's father (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Three persons will get their reward twice. (One is) a person who has a slave girl and he educates her properly and teaches her good manners properly (without violence) and then manumits and marries her. Such a person will get a double reward. (Another is) a believer from the people of the scriptures who has been a true believer and then he believes in the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (Muhammad). Such a person will get a double reward. (The third is) a slave who observes Allah's Rights and Obligations and is sincere to his master."

Hadith Number 256.

Narrated by As-Sa'b bin Jaththama (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "The institution of Hima (*) is invalid except for Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)."

* Hima was a pre-Islamic institution by means of which the chief of the tribe took a pasture for his animals preventing others from grazing their animals in it while he himself could graze his animals in the others' pastures. Islam cancelled such an institution and allowed it only for grazing the animals collected as Zakat.

Hadith Number 257.

Narrated by 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) a woman was found killed. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) disapproved the killing of women and children.

Hadith Number 258.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) a woman was found killed, so Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) forbade the killing of women and children.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 259.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent us in a mission (i.e. am army-unit) and said, "If you find so-and-so and so-and-so, burn both of them with fire." When we intended to depart, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I have ordered you to burn so-and-so and so-and-so, and it is none but Allah Who punishes with fire, so, if you find them, kill them."

Hadith Number 260.

Narrated by 'Ikrima (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu) burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.'"

Hadith Number 261.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and then they found the climate of Al-Madinah unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Messenger! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Al-Madinah). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), and spread evil in the land.")

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 262.

Narrated by Jarir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to me, "Will you relieve me from Dhul-Khalasa? Dhul-Khalasa was a house (of an idol) belonging to the tribe of Khath'am called Al-Ka'ba Al-Yamaniya. So, I proceeded with one hundred and fifty cavalry men from the tribe of Ahmas, who were excellent knights. It happened that I could not sit firm on horses, so the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), stroke me over my chest till I saw his finger-marks over my chest, he said, 'O Allah! Make him firm and make him a guiding and rightly guided man.' " Jarir proceeded towards that house, and dismantled and burnt it. Then he sent a messenger to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) informing him of that. Jarir's messenger said, "By Him Who has sent you with the Truth, I did not come to you till I had left it like an emancipated or gabby camel (i.e. completely marred and spoilt)." Jarir added, "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked for Allah's Blessings for the horses and the men of Ahmas five times."

Hadith Number 263.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) burnt the date-palms of Bani An-Nadir.

Hadith Number 264.

Narrated by Al-Bara bin 'Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent a group of Ansari men to kill Abu-Rafi. One of them set out and entered their (i.e. the enemies) fort. That man said, "I hid myself in a stable for their animals. They closed the fort gate. Later they lost a donkey of theirs, so they went out in its search. I, too, went out along with them, pretending to look for it. They found the donkey and entered their fort. And I, too, entered along with them. They closed the gate of the fort at night, and kept its keys in a small window where I could see them. When those people slept, I took the keys and opened the gate of the fort and came upon Abu Rafi and said, 'O Abu Rafi. When he replied me, I proceeded towards the voice and hit him. He shouted and I came out to come back, pretending to be a helper. I said, 'O Abu Rafi, changing the tone of my voice. He asked me, 'What do you want; woe to your mother?' I asked him, 'What has happened to you?' He said, 'I don't know who came to me and hit me.' Then I drove my sword into his belly and pushed it forcibly till it touched the bone. Then I came out, filled with puzzlement and went towards a ladder of theirs in order to get down but I fell down and sprained my foot. I came to my companions and said, 'I will not leave till I hear the wailing of the women.' So, I did not leave till I heard the women bewailing Abu Rafi, the merchant of Hijaz. Then I got up, feeling no ailment, (and we proceeded) till we came upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and informed him."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 265.

Narrated by Al-Bara bin Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent a group of the Ansar to Abu Raf'i. Abdullah bin 'Atik entered his house at night and killed him while he was sleeping.

Hadith Number 266A.

Narrated by Salim Abu An-Nadr: (The freed slave of 'Umar bin 'Ubaidullah) I was Umar's clerk. Once Abdullah bin Abi Aufa (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) wrote a letter to 'Umar when he proceeded to Al-Haruriya. I read in it that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in one of his military expeditions against the enemy, waited till the sun declined and then he got up amongst the people saying, "O people! Do not wish to meet the enemy, and ask Allah for safety, but when you face the enemy, be patient, and remember that Paradise is under the shades of swords." Then he said, "O Allah, the Revealer of the Holy Book, and the Mover of the clouds and the Defeater of the clans, defeat them, and grant us victory over them."

Hadith Number 266B.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: "Do not wish to meet the enemy, but when you meet face the enemy, be patient."

Hadith Number 267.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Khosrau will be ruined, and there will be no Khosrau after him, and Caesar will surely be ruined and there will be no Caesar after him, and you will spend their treasures in Allah's Cause." He said, "War is deceit".

Hadith Number 268.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) called war “deceit".

Hadith Number 269.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: “War is deceit."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 270.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Messenger?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Messenger! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him.

Hadith Number 271.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Ashraf (i.e. a Jew)." Muhammad bin Maslama replied, "Do you like me to kill him?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied in the affirmative. Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say what I like." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "I do (i.e. allow you)."

Hadith Number 272.

Narrated by Al-Bara (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on the day (of the battle) of the Trench carrying earth till the hair of his chest were covered with dust and he was a hairy man. He was reciting the following verses of 'Abdullah (bin Rawaha): "O Allah, were it not for You, We would not have been guided, Nor would we have given in charity, nor prayed. So, bestow on us calmness, and when we meet the enemy. Then make our feet firm, for indeed, Yet if they want to put us in affliction, (i.e. want to fight against us) we would not (flee but withstand them)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to raise his voice while reciting these verses. (See Hadith No. 432, Book 59 to check).

Hadith Number 273.

Narrated by Jarir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not screen himself from me since my embracing Islam, and whenever he saw me he would receive me with a smile. Once I told him that I could not sit firm on horses. He stroke me on the chest with his hand and said, "O Allah! Make him firm and make him a guiding and a rightly-guided man."

Hadith Number 274.

Narrated by Abu Hazim: The people asked Sahl bin Sa'd As-Sa'idi (Radhi Allahu Anhu) "With what thing (medicine) was the wound of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) treated?" He replied, "There is none left (living) amongst the people who knows it better than. 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu) used to bring water in his shield and Fatima (Radhi Allahu Anha) (i.e. the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) daughter) used to wash the blood off his face. Then a mat (of palm leaves) was burnt and its ash was inserted in the wound of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)."

Hadith Number 275.

Narrated by Abu Burda: That his father (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent Mu'adh and Abu Musa (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) to Yemen telling them. 'Treat the people with ease and don't be hard on them; give them glad tidings and don't fill them with aversion; and love each other, and don't differ."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next