The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians Empty
PostSubject: Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians   Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:03 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Abu Musa (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

“The parable of the Muslims, Jews and Christians is that of a man who employed laborers to work for him from morning until night for a known wage. So, they worked until midday and said, `We are not in need of the wages that you promised and our work was in vain.' So, the man said, `Do not quit now, complete the rest of the work and yours will be the full wage I have fixed for it.' However, they refused and quit, and he had to hire another batch of workers. He said (to the second batch), `Complete the work for the rest of the day and I will give you the same wage I promised the first batch.' So, they worked until the time of the `Asr prayer and said, `Whatever we have done is in vain and we forfeit the wages you promised us.' He said to them, `Complete your day's work, for only a small part of the day remains.' However, they refused, and he employed another batch to work for the rest of the day, and they worked until sunset and received the wages of the two former batches. This is an example of them (i.e., the Jews and Christians) and of those who accepted this light (i.e., Islam).” (Al-Bukhari)

Last edited by Zaza on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians   Parable of Muslims, Jews and Christians EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:34 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Another Parable between the Muslims and the Jews and Christians

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Your example and the example of Jews and Christians is like the example of a man who employed some labourers to whom he said, 'Who will work for me up to midday for one Qirat each?' The Jews carried out the work for one Qirat each; and then the Christians carried out the work up to the 'Asr prayer for one Qirat each; and now you Muslims are working from the 'Asr prayer up to sunset for two Qirats each. The Jews and Christians got angry and said, 'We work more and are paid less.' The employer (Allah) asked them, 'Have I usurped some of your right?' They replied in the negative. He said, 'That is My Blessing, I bestow upon whomever I wish.' "

(Al-Bukhari)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1