The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Place of the Intention is the Heart and it is recommended to pronounce it verbally during the Hajj.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Place of the Intention is the Heart and it is recommended to pronounce it verbally during the Hajj. Empty
PostSubject: The Place of the Intention is the Heart and it is recommended to pronounce it verbally during the Hajj.   The Place of the Intention is the Heart and it is recommended to pronounce it verbally during the Hajj. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

:salamou:

Question

Is the intention of Ihram in pronouncing it verbally with the tongue? What is its description if the Hajj pilgrim is performing Hajj on behalf of another person?

Answer

The place of the intention is the heart. Its description is that the person intends in his heart that he is performing Hajj on behalf of so-and-so or his brother or so-and-so, the son of so-and-so. This is how the intention is done. Along with this, it is recommended to pronounce it by saying: "0 Allah, 1 am here at Your service to perform Hajj for so-and-so," or "I am at Your service to perform 'Umrah for so-and-so." This could be said for his father or so-and-so, the son of so-and-so. This is so that the person affirms what is in his heart by saying it. This is because the Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) verbally pronounced the Hajj and he verbally pronounced the 'Umrah. This proves the legislation of the person verbally stating what he intends, in following the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)

Likewise, the Companions verbally stated that as their Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) taught them, and they used to raise their voices with it. This is the Sunnah. If the person does not pronounce it and he only intends it (in his heart), the intention suffices. He performs the deeds of Hajj just like what he would do for himself. He says the Talbiyyah unrestrictedly and repeats the Talbiyyah unrestrictedly without the need to mention so-and-so or so-and-so, just as he would say the Talbiyyah for himself. The matter is just as if he was performing Hajj for himself. However, if he specifies the person when mentioning the type of Hajj, that better in regards to the Talbiyyah. Then, he continues in the Talbiyyah just like the other Hajj pilgrims and those who are performing 'Umrah. He says:

"I am here at Your service, 0 Allah, I am here at Your service. 1 am here at Your service, You have no partner, 1 am here at Your service. Verily, all praise and favor belongs to You, as well as the sovereignty. You have no partner. I am here at Your service, 0 Allah, I am here at Your service. I am here at Your service, 0 God of Truth, I am here at Your service."

The intent here is that he says the Talbiyyah just as he says the Talbiyyah for himself, without mentioning anyone, except at the beginning when he mentions the type of Hajj. When doing so he says: "I am here at Your service performing Hajj for so-and-so," or he says: '''Umrah for so-and-so," or he says: "I am here at Your service performing 'Umrah and Hajj for so-and-so." This is better at the beginning, when he first assumes Ihram with the intention.

Ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 4 Pages 114-115

Back to top Go down

The Place of the Intention is the Heart and it is recommended to pronounce it verbally during the Hajj.
Page 1 of 1