The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Twenty Eight - Book of Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Twenty Eight - Book of  Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage) Empty
PostSubject: Book Twenty Eight - Book of Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage)   Book Twenty Eight - Book of  Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage) EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Book Twenty Eight - Book of Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage)

Hadith Number 033.

Narrated by Nafi: When Abdullah bin Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) set out for Makkah intending to perform Umrah, at the time of afflictions, (*) he said, "If I should be prevented from reaching the Ka’bah, then I would do the same as Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did, so I assume the lhram for Umrah as Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) assumed the Ihram for Umrah in the year of Hudaibiyah."

* The fighting between Al-Hajjaj and ibn Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

Hadith Number 034.

Narrated by Nafi: That Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah and Salim bin 'Abdullah informed him that they told Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) when Ibn Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) was attacked by the army, saying "There is no harm for you if you did not perform Hajj this year. We are afraid that you may be prevented from reaching the Ka’bah." Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said "We set out with Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and the non-believers of Quraish prevented us from reaching the Ka'bah, and so the Prophet slaughtered his Hadi and got his head shaved." Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) added, "I make you witnesses that I have made 'Umrah obligatory for me. And, Allah willing, I will go and then if the way to Ka'bah is clear, I will perform the Tawaf, but if I am prevented from going to the Ka'bah then I will do the same as the Prophet did while I was in his company." Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) then assumed Ihram for Umrah from Dhul-Hulaifah and proceeded for a while and said, "The conditions of 'Umrah and Hajj are similar and I make you witnesses that I have made 'Umrah and Hajj obligatory for myself." So, he did not finish the Ihram till the day of Nahr (slaughtering) came, and he slaughtered his Hadi. He used to say, "I will not finish the Ihram till I perform the Tawaf, one Tawaf on the day of entering Makkah (i.e. of Safa and Marwa for both 'Umrah and Hajj)."

Hadith Number 035.

Narrated by Nafi: Some of the sons of 'Abdullah told him (i.e. 'Abdullah) if he had stayed (and not performed Hajj that year).

Hadith Number 036.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was prevented from performing ('Umrah) Therefore, he shaved his head and had sexual relations with his wives and slaughtered his Hadi and performed Umrah in the following year.

Hadith Number 037.

Narrated by Salim: (Abdullah) bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to say, "Is not (the following of) the tradition of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sufficient for you? If anyone of you is prevented from performing Hajj, he should perform the Tawaf of the Ka'bah and between As-Safa and Al-Marwah and then finish the Ihram and everything will become legal for him which was illegal for him (during the state of Ihram) and he can perform Hajj in a following year and he should slaughter a Hadi or fast in case he cannot afford the Hadi."

Hadith Number 038.

Narrated by Al-Miswar: Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) slaughtered (the Hadi) before he had his head shaved and then he ordered his Companions to do the same.

Hadith Number 039.

Narrated by Nafi: That Abdullah and Salim said to 'Abdullah bin 'Umar, "(You should not go for Hajj this year)." 'Abdullah bin 'Umar replied, "We set out with the Prophet (to Makkah for performing 'Umrah) and the infidels of Quraish prevented us from reaching the Ka'bah. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) slaughtered his Budn (camels for sacrifice) and got his head shaved."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Twenty Eight - Book of  Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Eight - Book of Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage)   Book Twenty Eight - Book of  Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage) EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 040.

Narrated by Nafi: When Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) set out for Makkah with the intentions performing 'Umrah in the period of afflictions, he said, "If I should be prevented from reaching the Ka'bah, then I would do the same as we did while in the company of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)." So, he assumed the Ihram for 'Umrah since the Prophet had assumed the Ihram for 'Umrah in the year of Al-Hudaibiyah. Then 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) thought about it and said, "The conditions for both Hajj and 'Umrah are similar." He then turned towards his companions and said, "The conditions of both Hajj and 'Umrah are similar and I make you witnesses that I have made the performance of Hajj obligatory for myself along with 'Umrah." He then performed one Tawaf (between As-Safa and Al-Marwah) for both of them (i.e. Hajj and ('Umrah) and considered that to be sufficient for him and offered a Hadi.

Hadith Number 041.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Layla: Ka'b bin 'Ujra (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him (Ka'b), "Perhaps your lice have troubled you?" Ka'b replied, "Yes! O Allah's Messenger." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Have your head shaved and then either fast three days or feed six poor persons or slaughter one sheep as a sacrifice."

Hadith Number 042.

Narrated by Ka'b bin 'Umrah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stood beside me at Al-Hudaibiyah and the lice were falling from my head in great number. He asked me, "Have your lice troubled you?" I replied in the affirmative. He ordered me to get my head shaved. Ka'b added, "This Holy Verse: 'And if any of you is ill, or has ailment in his scalp (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:196), etc. was revealed regarding me. "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then ordered me either to fast three days, or to feed six poor persons with one Faraq (three Sas) (of dates), or to slaughter a sheep, etc (sacrifice) whatever was available.

Hadith Number 043.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Ma'qal: I sat with Ka'b bin 'Ujra (Radhi Allahu Anhu) and asked him about the Fidya. He replied, "This revelation was revealed concerning my case especially, but it is also for you in general. I was carried to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and the lice were falling in great number on my face. The Prophet said, "I have never thought that your ailment (or struggle) has reached to such an extent as I see. Can you afford a sheep?" I replied in the negative. He then said, "Fast for three days, or feed six poor persons each with half a Sa of food." (1 Sa = 3 Kilograms approx.)

Hadith Number 044.

Narrated by Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Layla: (Reporting the speech of Ka'b bin Umrah) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saw him (i.e. Ka'b) while the lice were falling on his face. He asked (him), "Have your lice troubled you?" He replied in the affirmative. So, he ordered him to get his head shaved while he was at Al-Hudaibiyah. At that time they were not permitted to finish their Ihram, and were still hoping to enter Makkah. (*) So, Allah revealed the verses of Al-Fidya. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered him to feed six poor persons with one Faraq of food or to slaughter one sheep (as a sacrifice) or to fast for three days.

* Ka’b (Radhi Allahu Anhu) was permitted to finish his Ihram because of an ailment in his head and had to pay Fidya, (compensation), although later on, all the Companions (Radhi Allahu Anhum) finished Ihram because they ere prevented from reaching the Ka’bah.

Hadith Number 045.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever performs Hajj to this House (Ka'bah) and does not approach his wife for sexual relations nor commits sins (while performing Hajj), he will come out as sinless as a newly-born child. (Just delivered by his mother)."

Hadith Number 046.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever performs Hajj to this Ka'bah and does not approach his wife for sexual relations nor commit sins (while performing Hajj), he will come out as sinless as a new-born child, (just delivered by his mother)."

Book Twenty Eight - Book of  Muhsar (Pilgrims Prevented from Completing the Pilgrimage) Rosesp10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1