HYPOCRISY AND ITS VARIOUS MANIFESTATIONS
Hypocrisy is of two types, namely:
(A) Hypocrisy in Belief.
(B) Hypocrisy in deeds and actions. (A) Hypocrisy in Belief
There are six aspects of hypocrisy in Belief:
1. To belie the Messenger (Muhammad
2. To belie some of all that was brought by the Messenger (Muhammad
(e.g. the Qur'an, the Sunnah, laws and principles of Islam).
3. To hate the Messenger (Muhammad :saw:).
4. To hate some of all that was brought by the Messenger (Muhammad
). e.g. Islamic Monotheism, etc.
5. To feel happy at the disgrace of or setback for the religion of Allah's Messenger (Muhammad
6. To dislike that the religion of Allah's Messenger (Islamic Monotheism) becomes victorious (not being pleased at the victory of Islam).
A person having these six types (of hypocrisy) will be in the lowest depths (grade) of the Fire (Hell). (See V. 4: 145). (B) Hypocrisy in deeds and actions
There are five aspects of hypocrisy in deeds and actions, and their proof is from the statement of Allah's Messenger
The signs of a hypocrite are these:
1. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.
2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it (his promise).
3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest (if you keep something as trust with him, he will not return it).
4. And in another narration of the Prophet :saw: Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.
5. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves himself treacherous.
Source: Excerpt Appendix II The Noble Qur'an
by Dr Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali and Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan.
A Darussalam Publication.