The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Backbiting Other Teachers and Students

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Backbiting Other Teachers and Students  Empty
PostSubject: Backbiting Other Teachers and Students    Backbiting Other Teachers and Students  EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:35 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Question

Some of my co-workers gossip instantly about teachers and students in the school. I advised them to stop on more than one occasion, and I tried to be very positive in my advice, but it would not take long before they returned to the same deed. What should I do, and am I sinning for being with them?

Answer

As long as you are giving advice to them, as long as you are warning them against backbiting, you are doing well. If they accept your advice, they will share in the good you are doing; if not, then only you are doing what is right and for them is the sin they perpetrate.

Nevertheless, you must continue to advise them – even if they continually repeat the deed. When you frequently give advice and invite them to remember Allah, maybe the people you are advising will eventually stop and repent for their sins.

Furthermore, they as well as others are obligated to protect their tongues for unlawful speech. They should be reminded that if they do not stop backbiting, the people they are backbiting will take from their good deeds on the Day of Judgement; if the good deeds aren’t enough, then the backbiter will have to take the burden of some of their bad deeds.

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimin (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 8 Page 118

pinkheartsmall
Back to top Go down

Backbiting Other Teachers and Students
Page 1 of 1