The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:18 pm

bismillah4

Cases in which Ghusl is Recommended

If a disbeliever enters the fold of Islâm, it is recommended that he perform ghusl. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu: narrated:

“When Thumâmah al-Hanafi accepted Islâm, the Messenger of Allâh sent him to the walled garden of Abu Talhah and ordered him to perform ghusl, so he performed ghusl and prayed a two rak‘ah prayer. The Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa then said, ‘Your brother’s Islâm is sincere.’ ” (Saheeh ibn Khuzaimah)

The Friday Prayer (Jumu‘ah): The Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

“It is obligatory upon every Muslim that he perform ghusl, clean his teeth, and perfume himself on Friday if he has some.” (Ahmad)

The Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

“Whoever performs ghusl and then proceeds to the Jumu‘ah prayer and prays what was written for him, keeps silent and listens to the Imâm until he finishes his sermon and then prays with him, the sins he committed between that Friday and the next will be forgiven, as well as three additional days.”
(Muslim)

The Prayer of the two Eids (Fitr and Adhâ´), and the Day of ‘Arafaat. This is due to the hadeeth narrated by Al-Fakih ibn Sa’d:

“The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa would perform ghusl on Friday, the day of Fitr, and the day of Sacrifice.”
(Ahmad)

Entering the state of Ihrâm(30) for Hajj or ‘Umrah. Khaarijah ibn Zaid reported from his father:

“The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa took off his clothes and took a bath for Ihrâm.” (Saheeh ibn Khuzaimah)

Entering Makkah. Whenever ibn ‘Umar radiyallahu anhu: wanted to enter Makkah, he would refrain from making the talbiyyah.(31) He would spend the night at Dhu Tuwaa, pray the Fajr prayer, and then perform bath. He would say that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa did the same. (al-Bukhâri)

What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 72791
(30) Ihrâm: the state in which a pilgrim enters when performing Hajj or 'Umrah, in which he is prohibited to do certain things.

(31) A supplication repeated by a pilgrim after making his niyyah for entering the state of ihrâm.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 pm

bismillah4

Things which are Forbidden for Those in a State of Janâbah

The Prayer: Allâh Jallajalaluhu said:

“O you who have believed! Approach not the Prayer (salât) when you are in a drunken state, until you know (the meaning of) what you utter, nor when you are in a state janâbah, except when passing through [and not staying in a place of Prayer], untill you wash your whole body.” [Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):43]

What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 103992
Tawâf (Circumambulation) of the Sacred House (Ka’bah). ‘Â`ishah radiyallahu anhu: said:

“I came to Makkah while I was menstruating, so I was not able to make Tawâf of the Sacred House or Sa‘i(32) between Safâ´ and Marwah. I complained to Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa . He said to me: ‘Do everything a pilgrim does except for Tawâf of the Sacred House until you are pure.’ ” (al-Bukhâri)

Touching or carrying the Mushaf, as stated in hadeeth of Abu Bakr ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Amr’s mentioned earlier:

“The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa wrote a letter to the people of Yemen, and from the things it read was: ‘Nobody should touch the Qur`ân unless he is pure.’
” (Mustadrak al-Hâkim)

Recitation of the Qur`ân.

“Once Ali radiyallahu anhu: performed wudoo´: he rinsed his mouth and nose thrice, washed his face thrice, washed his hands and arms thrice, then wiped his head once and
washed his feet thrice. He said, ‘This is how I saw the Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa perform the wudoo´.’ He recited some verses of the Qur`ân, and then said, ‘This is for those who are not in a state of janâbah. As for those in a state of janâbah, they should not recite even a verse.’ ”
(Ahmed)

Remaining in the masjid. ‘Â`ishah radiyallahu anhu: :

“The Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa came and [saw] that the doors of the houses of his companions were faced towards and opened into the masjid. He said, ‘Face these houses away from the masjid.’ The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa entered, and the people did not do anything in hope that he would give them a concession in this regard. He came out [again] and said, ‘Turn these houses away from the masjid, for indeed I do not permit the masjid for a menstruating woman or one in a state of janâbah.’ ”
(Saheeh ibn Khuzaimah)

(32 )Sa‘i: Walking between the two mounts of Safâ´ and Marwah during ‘Umrah or Hajj.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 pm

bismillah4

Common Mistakes made in Performing Ghusl

After having sexual intercourse, some men do not perform ghusl nor do they instruct their wives to do so unless they ejaculate. It is obligatory upon them to perform ghusl, due to the saying of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa

“If he (the husband) positions himself between her legs and arms and penetrates her, ghusl becomes obligatory, whether he ejaculates or not.” (Muslim)

divider

Some people do not perform wudoo´ before sleeping after having sexual intercourse if they choose to delay performing the ghusl until morning . This is in opposition to the Prophet’s Sunnah. Ammâr ibn Yâsir radiyallahu anhu: said:

“The Messenger of Allâh Sallalahu aleihi wa gave the person in a state of janâbah a concession to perform wudoo´ like the one he would for Prayer, if he wished to eat, drink or sleep.” (at-Tirmidhi)

divider

Some people who awaken in a state of janâbah and do not have enough time to perform ghusl before the sun starts to rise feel it necessary to perform tayammum and pray. This is impermissible. Sheikh Abdul-Azeez ibn Bâz, may Allâh’s mercy be upon him, was asked:

I awoke in a state of janâbah close to the time of sunrise, and if I had performed ghusl, the sun would have risen. Should I have performed tayammum or ghusl before I prayed?
He answered: You must perform ghusl and complete your purification, and then perform Prayer. It is not permissible for you to make tayammum in this case. This is because a person who forgets a Prayer or is asleep is required to hasten to perform it along with all which is necessary for it to be performed as soon as he wakes up or remembers it, due to the saying of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa
:

“If someone oversleeps or forgets to perform a Prayer, he must perform it when he remembers it, and there is no other expiation for it except for that.”

It is well-known that Prayer is not accepted without purification, due to the saying of Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa:

“No Prayer is accepted without purification.”

divider
If water is accessible, one must use it for purification; otherwise, he may perform tayammum. Allâh Jallajalaluhu says:

“And (if) you find no water, perform tayammum with clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands [with it]. Truly, Allâh is Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.” [Surah An-Nisâ` (4):43] (Fatâwâ Islâmiyyah, v.1, p.199)

divider
Some women become pure from postpartum bleeding before the elapse of forty days but refrain from performing ghusl, praying, and fasting. In this regard, Sheikh Abdul-Azeez ibn Bâz, may Allâh’s mercy be upon him, said: If a woman in her postpartum period stops bleeding before the elapse of forty days, she must perform (ghusl) and start praying, as well as observe the fast in Ramadân. It is also permissible for her husband to have sexual intercourse with her, as is unanimously agreed among scholars. There is no minimum time period that a woman must experience postpartum bleeding. (Fatâwâ Islâmiyyah, v.1 p.225) ritual

divider
Some men have sexual intercourse with their wives after the elapse of their menstruation or postpartum bleeding before she performs ghusl. Sheikh Abdul-Azeez ibn Bâz was asked about this and replied: Having sexual intercourse with one’s wife during menstruation is forbidden, due to the saying of Allâh Jallajalaluhu :

“They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: It is a harmful thing, therefore, keep away from [intercourse with] women during menses. And do not have intercourse with them till they are purified.” [Surah al-Baqarah (2):222]

Whoever does so must seek forgiveness in Allâh and turn to Him in repentance, and he must give one dinaar or a half of charity as expiation for [this offence]. Ahmad and other compilers of the Sunan books reported of Ibn ‘Abbâs radiyallahu anhu: that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said about the person who had sexual intercourse with his wife during menstruation:

“Let him give one dirham or a half out of charity.”

He may donate either of the two values. It is also not allowed for him to have intercourse with his wife before she performs ghusl after she has stopped bleeding, due to the saying of Allâh Jallajalaluhu :

“And do not have intercourse until they are purified (from menses). And when they have purified themselves, then go to them as Allâh has ordained for you.” [Surah al-Baqarah (2):222]

Thus Allâh has not allowed that one has intercourse with his wife until she stops bleeding and purifies herself by performing ghusl. If one has sex with his wife before she performs ghusl,
he has committed a sin and must pay expiation. If she happens to conceive a child from having intercourse during her monthly period or prior to taking a bath, it is not said that her child is illegitimate, rather it is deemed legitimate. (Fatâwâ Islâmiyyah, v.1, p.218)

divider

Some people have the notion that a woman should not leave her house before her postpartum bleeding is over, while the fact is that she, like any other woman, may go out if necessity calls. If she does not need to go out, it is better for all women - [whether experiencing postpartum bleeding or not] – to keep to their houses. Allâh Jallajalaluhu says:

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance.” [Surah al-Ahzâb (33):33] (Fatâwâ Islâmiyyah, v.1, p.223)

divider

Some women, whose monthly period is over, postpone performing ghusl until the end of the time allotted for Prayer. Sheikh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, may Allâh have mercy upon him said: Some women become pure during the time of one of the daily Prayers, but postpone the ghusl to the next Prayer time, on the plea that the remaining time would not allow for her to complete purification. Such a plea is not acceptable, for she can perform the minimum of what is required in ghusl and perform the Prayer in its stated time. Then, at a later time, she may perform a complete purification. (The Natural Blood of Women, p. 41)

divider
Some women, after completing their menses and performing ghusl, do not perform the Prayer they missed when their menses started. Sheikh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: If a woman starts to menstruate after the time of a Prayer has begun, for example, half an hour after the beginning of the Dhuhr (noon) Prayer, when she stops bleeding and performs ghusl, she must make up the specific Prayer she missed prior to menstruation. Allâh says:

“Indeed Prayer has been decreed upon the believers at specified times.” [Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):103] (Fatâwâ al-Mar`ah, p.25)

divider

Some women, after purifying themselves from menstruation, do not perform the Prayer which is incumbent at that time, but rather they perform the next Prayer. Sheikh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen says in this regard: If she becomes pure (from menses) and there is still enough
time for one rak‘ah before the time the next Prayer begins, she must perform the Prayer during whose time she was purified The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

‘Whoever completes one rak‘ah of the ‘Asr (afternoon) Prayer before sunset, [it is as if] he has [prayed] the whole Prayer; it is considered has he has prayed within its time.’ (al-Bukhâri & Muslim)

Thus, if her period is over during the afternoon Prayer or before sunrise, and there is enough time for her to catch one rak‘ah before the sun sets [in the case of ‘Asr] or the sun rises [in the case of Fajr], she must perform the ‘Asr Prayer or the Fajr Prayer, respectively. (Fatâwâ al-Mar`ah, p. 25)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Tayammum   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm

bismillah4

Tayammum

The tayammum is a purification that takes the place of wudoo´ and ghusl due to a lack of water or other factors which may prevent its use. Tayammum makes permissible for us the same acts as does wudoo´ and ghusl, such as Prayer, touching the Qur`ân, and the like. Allâh says:

“And if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have had contact (sexual intercourse) with women, and you find no water, then perform tayammum with clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands [with it]. Truly, Allâh is Oft-pardoning, Oft-forgiving.” [Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):43]

It is also something specific to the nation of Muhammad Sallalahu aleihi wa . The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

“I have been favored over the other prophets with six things: I have been given ‘inclusive speech’(33), I have been given victory through fear, war-booty has been made permissible for me, the earth has been made pure for me and a place of prayer, I have been granted all good morals and manners, and I am the seal of the Prophets (the final Prophet).”
[Muslim]

(33) Inclusive Speech: The ability to relate many ideas in a few words.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:57 pm

bismillah4

Factors that Make Tayammum Permissible

If one cannot find water. Allâh Jallajalaluhu said:

“…then perform tayammum with clean earth.” [Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):43]

‘Imrân ibn al-Hussain narrated: “Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa saw a man sitting alone not performing the Prayer in congregation. He asked him, ‘O so-and-so, what has prevented you from praying in congregation?’ He replied, ‘I am junub and I have no water.’ The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said: ‘You must use the earth [and perform tayammum], for it is sufficient.” (al-Bukhâri)

divider
In case water is harmful to the body, for example, if one is wounded or ill and fears that using water will delay healing or increase the illness. Allâh Jallajalaluhu said:

“And if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have
had contact (sexual intercourse) with women and you find no water, then perform tayammum with clean earth…”
[Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):43]

Also, Jâbir radiyallahu anhu: said:

“We set out on a journey, and one of us was wounded by a stone on his head. [When he slept,] he had a wet dream, and so he asked his companions, ‘Do you see any concession for me to perform tayammum?’ They replied: ‘We do not see any concession since you are able to use water.’ Upon that, he took bath and died. When we came back to Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa , he was informed of that. He said: ‘They killed him! May Allâh kill them! Why didn’t they ask if they didn’t know? Indeed the only cure for ignorance is to ask. It would have been enough for him to perform tayammum, or bandage his wound, wipe over the bandage and bathe the rest of his body.” (Abu Dâwud)

divider
If a person has water, but he needs it, in the present time or the near future for drinking, cooking, or giving drink to others. In other words, if it will cause harm to him or others if it is used for
purification, he should perform tayammum and save the water for drinking. When ‘Ali radiyallahu anhu: was asked about a person who becomes junub while on a journey and has little water and fears that
he would become thirsty if he performed ghusl with it, he replied:

“He should perform tayammum and not ghusl.”

divider
If the search for water will risk his life; honor or wealth, for example, if there were an enemy or if that would expose him to the danger of wild animals.

divider
In case the weather is extremely cold and he is not able to heat the water, being almost sure that the use of cold water will cause him harm. ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas radiyallahu anhu: said:

“I had a wet dream in a very cold night during the expedition of Dhât as-Salâsil. I was afraid to risk my life if I took a bath, so I performed tayammum and led my companions in Prayer. They told the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa about the incident, upon which he called me and asked, ‘O ‘Amr! Did you lead your companions in Prayer while you were in state of janâbah?’ I told him what prevented me from taking a bath, saying, “I heard Allâh Jallajalaluhu say:

“Do not kill yourselves. Verily Allâh is All-Merciful towards you.” [Surah an-Nisâ´(4):29]

Allâh Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa laughed and did not comment upon that.” (Mustadrak al- Hâkim)

The Prophet’s Sallalahu aleihi wa silence upon an issue is a sign of its approval, for he would never approve or keep silent upon something which is impermissible.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 pm

bismillah4

A Description of the Tayammum

It is allowed for a person to perform tayammum with anything which is part of the surface of the earth, such as dust and its like. He should first make the intention that he is purifying himself from that particular state of impurity [whether minor or major]. He should say ‘Bismillah’ and strike the earth once with the palm of his hand with his fingers spread. Then he should wipe his face with his palms, and then wipe his hands up to the wrists. In a hadeeth, a man approached ‘Umar and said,

“I became junub and could not find water.” ‘Umar replied, “Do not pray.” Upon that, ‘Ammâr radiyallahu anhu: said “Do you not remember O Ameer-ul-Mu´mineen(34), when we were upon an expedition and became junub and could not find any water? You did not pray, while I rolled in the dust and prayed, and the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said: ‘It was enough for you to strike the earth with your two hands, then blow [the dust], and then wipe your face and hands with them.’ ” (Muslim)

(34) Ameer-ul-Mu´mineen: Literally, the leader of the Believers. The title given to the Khaleefah, or leader of the Islâmic state..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:25 pm

bismillah4

Things that Invalidate Tayammum

All things that invalidate wudoo´ similarly invalidate tayammum.

Finding water (for those who have no water for wudoo´).

When the factors which prevent one from using water cease to exist.

divider

Important Notes:

If a person performs tayammum and prays, and then finds water,
or if the factors which prevented the use of water cease to exist after completion of the Prayer, it is not required for him to repeat that Prayer even if there is still time. Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri said:

“Two men set out on a journey. When the time for Prayer came, they had no water, so they performed tayammum and prayed. Later, they found water within that prayer time, so one of performed wudoo´ and repeated that Prayer while the other did not. When they met Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa and informed him of what had occurred, he said to the one which did not repeat [the prayer], ‘You have done the Sunnah, and your Prayer is valid,’ while he said to the one who perfomed wudoo´ and repeated [the Prayer], ‘You have a double reward.’ ” (Mustadrak al-Hâkim)

divider
If one finds water, or if the factors which prevented the use of water cease to exist while he is in the act of praying, his wudoo´ becomes invalid, and he is required to perform wudoo´. Abu Dharr radiyallahu anhu: came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa while he was in a state of janâbah. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa called him to bring water, and he concealed himself and performed ghusl. He then said to him,

“Clean earth is the wudoo´ for a Muslim even if he does not find water for ten years. But when he finds water, let him wet his body, for that is what is better.”
(Ahmad)

divider
A person who performs tayammum in a case of major states of impurity - such as janâbah, menstruation, postpartum bleeding - for some acceptable reason which justifies tayammum is not required to repeat his Prayer. But upon finding water, or when the factors which prevented the use of water cease to exist, he must perform ghusl to purify himself from this state of impurity. ‘Imrân ibn al-Hussain radiyallahu anhu: narrated:

“Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa saw a man sitting alone not performing the Prayer in congregation. He asked him, ‘O so-and-so, what has prevented you from praying in congregation?’ He replied, ‘I am junub and I have no water.’ The Prophet () said: ‘You must use the earth [and perform tayammum] for it is sufficient.” [‘Imrân then said] After they had found water, Allâh’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa gave the man a container of water and said: “Go and pour it over yourself.”
(al-Bukhâri)

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:29 pm

bismillah4

Some Verdicts regarding Tayammum

Q. A person in hospital is unable to use water for wudoo´, so he performs tayammum by striking the carpet with his hands. Is his Prayer valid?

A. A patient is required to perform wudoo´ for Prayer if he is able; but if he is unable, he should perform tayammum with some type of earth which has dust, if it is available. If he is unable to
ask someone to bring that, he may perform tayammum with the ground, tiles or carpet which have dust on them. If they do not have any dust on them, he may perform tayammum with anything on the ground or connected to it. Allâh Jallajalaluhu says:

“So keep your duty to Allâh and fear Him as much as you can.”
[Surah al-Baqarah (2):286]

Also,

“Allâh does not charge a soul except its capacity.” [Surah at-Taghâbun (64):16] (Islamic verdict by a group of scholars. p1/197)

Q. Once a person was performing wudoo´ as well as tayammum due to a wound on his hand which he could not let water touch, and he forgot to perform tayammum for the part he was not washing and [instead, directly] performed Prayer. During his Prayer, he remembered that he forgot, so he performed tayammum without interrupting his Prayer. What is the status of that Prayer? Is it valid or invalid?

A. If someone has a wound on one of the parts which he must wash in wudoo´ and the wound can neither be washed nor wiped with his wet hand because it will aggravate the wound or cause
delayed healing, then it is obligatory upon that person that he perform [wudoo´, and perform] tayammum [for the parts he can not wash]. If a person performs wudoo´ without washing the wounded area and starts to pray, and then remembers during that Prayer that he has not performed tayammum [for the unwashed part], he is required to perform tayammum and repeat the Prayer because that part of the Prayer he performed before tayammum was not valid. Since the opening takbeer35 is included in the parts of the Prayer which are invalid, in reality, he did not even start his prayer. Purification is condition for the validity of Prayer, and leaving a body part that is required to be washed in wudoo´ makes the whole wudoo´ invalid. This is due to the hadeeth wherein the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa saw a man who left an area that equal to a ‘dirham’ untouched by water, and so he ordered him to repeat his wudoo´. Since it was impossible for the questioner to wash that specific part with water or wipe over it, it was required of him to then do its substitute, which was tayammum, due to the generality of Allâh’s Sallalahu aleihi wa saying:

“And if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have had contact (sexual intercourse) with women and you find no water, perform tayammum with clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands [with it]. Truly, Allâh is Oft-pardoning, Oft-forgiving.” [Surah an-Nisâ´ (4):43]

Also, in the story of the one whose head was inflicted with a wound, Ibn Abbâs narrated that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

“If he had only washed his body and left his head where he was wounded.”
In Abu Dâwud’s narration on the authority of Jâbir radiyallahu anhu: , the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

“It would have sufficed him to perform tayammum…”

Thus, if the person who this question concerns has not already repeated his Prayer, then he must do so.” (Islamic verdict by a group of scholars. p1/197)

( 35) Takbeer: Saying of “Allahu Akbar”.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: How to Purify a Sick Person   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 pm

bismillah4

How to Purify a Sick Person(36)

The general principle is that it is obligatory upon [all Muslims, including the ill ] to use water, so one should make wudoo´ from minor states of impurity and ghusl for major states of impurity.
But in case the ill is not able to use water due to his disability, or out of fear of aggravation of the illness or pain, or out of fear of delayed recovery, he should perform tayammum.

If he is unable to purify himself [with his own hands], another person may help by washing the parts of wudoo´ or wiping the parts of tayammum for him.

[The general principle is that] if one of the parts which must be washed in wudoo´ or ghusl is wounded, he should wash it with water. But if washing that part with water would harm the
wound, he should wipe over it with his wet hands. If wiping would also adversely affect the wound, he should [perform wudoo´] and perform tayammum for the wounded area.

If one of the parts that is required to be washed for wudoo´ is wrapped in a plaster, splint, or bandage, he should wipe over it with his wet hands as a substitute for washing. He need not perform tayammum since wiping replaces washing.

It is permissible for the one performing tayammum that he does so upon a pure wall or anything else which has dust. But if the wall is covered with some material other than one derived from natural earth, such as paint, he may not use it for tayammum unless it also has dust.

If one is not able to perform tayammum by striking the ground, wall or other dusty objects, there is no harm if one places earth in a container or a tissue and uses it for tayammum.

If he performs tayammum for a given Prayer and remains in a state of purification until the time of the next Prayer arrives, he may perform it without repeating tayammum, for he is still in a state of purification and has done nothing to invalidate it.

The ill must clean all impurities from their body. If they are unable, they may perform Prayer in whatever state they are in. It is considered valid, and they are not required to repeat the Prayer.

He must wear pure clothes for Prayer. If his clothes become soiled with impurities, he is required to clean or change them. If he is unable, he may perform Prayer in the same clothes, and it is considered valid; he is not required to repeat the Prayer.

A patient must perform Prayer on a place free from impurities. If the place becomes soiled with impurities, he must wash it, replace it, or he may spread something pure over it. If he is unable,
he may perform Prayer in that place, and it is considered valid; he is not required to repeat the Prayer.

It is not permissible for the ill to delay a Prayer beyond its prescribed time if they are unable to purify themselves. Rather, they should purify themselves as much as they are able and perform the prescribed Prayer within its stated time, even if there be some impurities on their body or clothes which they are unable to remove.

A person suffering from incontinence of urine (enuresis) which cannot be cured is required to perform a new wudoo´ for each Praye
r after the commencement of its time. He should also wash all impurities on his body and assign a clean garment for Prayer if it is not difficult for him; otherwise, there is no harm. Allâh said,

“And He has not laid upon you in the religion any hardship.”
[Surah al-Hajj (22):78]

“Allah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you.”
[Surah al-Baqarah (2):185]

He should also take care that urine does not spread over his clothes, body or place of prayer. (Shaikh ibn Bâz, Al-Fatâwâ al-Islâmiyyah, v.1, p.173)

(36) Based on Al-Fatâwâ al-Isâmiyyah, p. 1/173-174, by Shaikh ibn ‘Uthaymeen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

This is is the end of the book. BaarakAllahu feekum!
May Allaah make us among those who benefit from this knowledge.
Ameen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification   What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Every Muslim Must Know about Purification
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2