The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Ruling on Saying Bismillah before Wudhu'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Ruling on Saying Bismillah before Wudhu'  Empty
PostSubject: The Ruling on Saying Bismillah before Wudhu'    The Ruling on Saying Bismillah before Wudhu'  EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Question

I make ablution and I forget to say Bismillah until after I have finished washing my hands, and whenever I remember, I repeat it again; what is the ruling on this?

Answer

The majority of the scholars agree that Wudhu is correct even without saying Bismillah, while some of the scholars hold that the Tasmiyyah is obligatory, so long as one knows and remembers it, based upon what was reported from the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam):

"There is no Wudhu for the one who does not mention the name of Allah upon it." [At-Tirmithi no.25 and Ibn Majah nos.397, 398, 399.]

But whoever left it due to forgetfulness or ignorance, his Wudhu is correct, and he does not need to repeat it, even if we accept that the Tasmiyyah is obligatory, because it is excused due to ignorance or forgetfulness, and the proof for that is in Allah’s words:

"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error." [Al Baqarah: 286]

And it has been authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) that Allah, the Most Glorified, Most High has answered this supplication.

Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 2 Page 49
Back to top Go down

The Ruling on Saying Bismillah before Wudhu'
Page 1 of 1