The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Meaning of: “I would be his hearing with which he hears and his sight with which he sees.”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Meaning of: “I would be his hearing with which he hears and his sight with which he sees.” Empty
PostSubject: The Meaning of: “I would be his hearing with which he hears and his sight with which he sees.”   The Meaning of: “I would be his hearing with which he hears and his sight with which he sees.” EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 6:29 pm

salams

Question

What is the meaning of the statement made by Allah, the Exalted in the Sacred Hadith:

“And if I love him, I will be his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he assaults, and his leg on which he walks.”

Answer

When a Muslim fulfills his duties, and exerts efforts in performing supererogatory acts of obedience, and continues doing so, Allah the Exalted, will love him, and support him in everything he does. When he hears, Allah helps him hear the best only, and accept only the truth and shun falsehood. And when he sees with his eyes or heart, he sees by light from Allah, thus to be guided by Allah with penetrating insights, by the support and success from Allah. He sees the truth as truth and falsehood as falsehood. And when he assaults, he assaults with power from Allah in support of the truth. And when he walks, his walking would be only in obedience to Allah seeking knowledge, or fighting in the cause of Allah.

In general, all his internal and external actions are accomplished by guidance and power from Allah, the Exalted.

Thus, it is clear that there is no proof in the above Hadith of the indwelling or incarnation of Allah in His creatures, or His union with any of them. This fact is also clarified by the statement which occurs at the end of the above Hadith, in which Allah say:

“and if he asks Me, I will give him; and if he seeks My protection I will protect him.”

In other versions, it is mentioned that Allah the Exalted, says:

“So by Me he hears, and by Me he sees.” Etc.

It is obvious that the opening statement of the Hadith indicates clearly that there are a supplicant and the Supplicated, and protection seeker and Protector. This Hadith is similar to another Sacred Hadith in which Allah, the Exalted says:

“O my servant! I was sick but you did not visit Me…”

In each of these Hadith, the opening statement is explained by the concluding statements.

Those who follow the whims, they adhere to allegorical texts and turn away from self- explanatory texts and stray away from the right path.

Allah is the one who grants success. May Allah exalt our Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), his household and companions.

The Permanent Committee for Legal Rulings – Saudi Arabia

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 1 Page 59

rosebar

Back to top Go down

The Meaning of: “I would be his hearing with which he hears and his sight with which he sees.”
Page 1 of 1