The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Some of the Sayings prevalent among the Common People

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Some of the Sayings prevalent among the Common People Empty
PostSubject: Some of the Sayings prevalent among the Common People   Some of the Sayings prevalent among the Common People EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

:salamou:

Question:

We have learnt some expressions from the common people which we fear contain Shirk, such as : “I do not believe that Allah ………….. or, “Allah would not say it” and the like. What is your opinion, may Allah reward you?

Answer:

These expressions which are often used by the common people are said without intention and they do not believe that there is anything forbidden in them. They are accepted by all from the young to the old, but their meaning is not above criticism, therefore it is better to abstain from them, for the first sentence contains a negation of belief in Allah and the faithful person believes in Allah in all that He has informed us of. It is therefore sufficient to say: “I do not believe that such and such has happened”, and the meaning would be: I will not believe that this could happen until it does so.

As for the second sentence, its meaning is that Allah cannot let this happen, i.e. I hope that Allah will not allow this to happened or to come into being. Their use of the word “say” is like the expression La Qaddar Allah (may Allah not ordain it.) and it is something of which one should beware; if supplication of Allah was made asking that such a thing not occur instead, it would be safer.

Shaikh Ibn Jibreen

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 1 Page 208

pinklilly
Back to top Go down

Some of the Sayings prevalent among the Common People
Page 1 of 1