The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)   Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 9 Tayammum (Purification with Soil)

109. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah radiyallahu anhu The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "I have been given five things which were not given to anyone else before me. Allah made me victorious by awe (of frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey. The earth has been made for me (and my followers) a place for praying and purification (performing Tayammum). Therefore, anyone (of my followers) should pray wherever the time of Salat (prayer)[1] becomes due."[2]
In the version of Muslim narrated by Hudhaifa radiyallahu anhu "The soil[3] of the earth has been made for us as a means of purification when we do not find water."
In the version of Ahmad narrated by 'Ali radiyallahu anhu "The soil has been made for us a means of cleansing."

[1] It means that if water is not available, one should not miss the first part of prayer time in search of water.

[2] Other three things are: a) Booty has been made lawful; b) Intercession on the Day of Judgment; c) Messengership for the whole universe

[3] Soil and all other things from the kind of soil are regarded as same and Tayammum is permissible with them, but things like lime, antimony and arsenic, etc. do not fall in the kind of soil.

pinkheartsmall
110. Narrated Ammar bin Yasir[4] radiyallahu anhu The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa sent me on an errand, then I had ejaculation (in my sleep) and I did not find water. (For performing Tayammum) I rolled on the soil like an animal. Then I returned to the Prophet and mentioned that to him. He Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "It was sufficient for you to do with your hands this way". He then struck his hands once on the soil and then rubbed the left hand on the right and the exterior part of his palms and his face.
[Agreed upon. The version is that of Muslim].
And in the version of Al-Bukhari: 'He (Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa ) struck the earth with his palms of both hands[5] and then blew the dust and rubbed his palms of both hands over his face and hands.

[4] 'Ammar was nicknamed Abul-Yaqzan, and was among the most senior and early Muslims, and was tortured in Makka for his Faith. He made the two migrations and took part in Badr and all the other important battles. The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa told him, "O 'Ammar, the transgressive party will kill you." This happened in Siffin in 36 H. when he was with 'Ali and he was killed by some soldiers of Mu’awiya at the age of 73 years.

[5] This Hadith argues about Tayammum (purification with soil). Religious elites are of the opinion that one stroke on earth is enough for face and both hands. Some others say that two strokes are essential, one for face and the other for hands as is mentioned in the next Hadith. But all Ahadith, which mention ‘two strokes’, are Da’if (weak).

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)   Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

bismillah4

111. Narrated Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu Allah’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Tayammum (purifying with the soil) consists of two strikings[6], of the soil, one for the face and one for the hands up to the elbows."
[Reported by Ad-Daraqutni, and the Imam graded it Sahih as Mawquf]

[6] The scholars of Ahadith have regarded this Hadith as Da’if (weak), and all its chains are also weak.

pinkheartsmall
112. Narrated Abu Huraira radiyallahu anhu Allah’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The soil is a means of ablution for a believing Muslim, even if he does not find water for ten years[7]; but when he finds water he should guard against disobeying Allah and let it touch his skin."
[Reported by AI-Bazzar, and Al-Qattan graded it Sahih (sound). But Ad-Daraqutni approved it as Mursal, At-Tirmidhi also reported a similar version on the authority of Abu Dhar,[8] which he authenticated and so did Al-Hakim].

[7] It means that at the time of necessity soil is a complete substitute of water and fulfills all purposes of purification whether it concerns ablution, or Ghusl (bath). With one Tayammum many obligatory acts can be performed, if there is no factor, which nullifies it.

[8] Abu Dhar's name was Jundub bin Junada, and he was among the most prominent Sahaba and an ascetic. He became a Muslim very early at Makka. Then went back to his people. He came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa, at Al-Madina and later settled and died at Rabdha in 32 H.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)   Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

bismillah4

113. Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu Two men set out on a journey and when the time of Salat (prayer) came they had no water. They performed Tayammum with clean earth and prayed. Later on they found water within the time of the prayer. One of them repeated the prayer and ablution but the other did not repeat. Then they came to Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa, and related the matter to him. Addressing himself to the one who did not repeat, he said, "You followed the Sunna and your (first) prayer was enough for you."[9] He said to the one who performed ablution and repeated: "For you there is a double reward".[10]
[Reported by Abu Da'ud and An-Nasa'i]

[9] It means that if somebody has already prayed a certain prayer by performing Tayammum, then there is no need to repeat the prayer, even afterwards water is found and still there is time for the prayer.

[10] It was not necessary to pray again, if the prayer had been offered by performing Tayammum. The second person got double reward not for the reason that he prayed again but for the exercise of judgment regarding the problem, which was although wrong but there is one reward for a wrong judgment. Second reason for earning double reward may be that he prayed twice, once with Tayammum and once with ablution.

pinkheartsmall

114. Narrated Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu regarding the explanation of the Words of Allah “And if you are ill [11] or on a journey...” If a man sustains a wound in the cause of Allah and an injury, then becomes sexually impure and fears death if he takes Ghusl (bath), he should perform Tayammum.
[Reported by Ad- Daraqutni in a Mawquf (untraceable) Hadith and Al-Bazzar in a Marfu' (traceable) one. Ibn Khuzaima and Al-Hakim graded it Sahih (sound)]

[11] It means that when you intend for prayer and there is some hindrance in performing ablution or having Ghusl (bath), the Tayammum is essential. Here illness means some serious disease and not the ordinary boils and eruptions.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)   Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

bismillah4

115. Narrated 'Ali radiyallahu anhu One of my forearms was broken. Then I asked Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa and he ordered me to wipe over the bandages.[12]
[Reported by Ibn Majah with a very weak chain of narrators].

[12] Explanation: The word in Arabic is Jaba'ir used for those wooden strips, which are placed around the broken arm or leg for support and to keep it straight.

pinkheartsmall
116. Narrated Jabir radiyallahu anhu concerning the man who had sustained a cut on his head and took a bath and died: (Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa said) "It was enough for him to perform Tayammum then bind a bandage over the wound and wipe water on it and then wash the rest of his body."
[Reported by Abu Da'ud, its chain is Da'if and there is disagreement concerning its narrator].

pinkheartsmall
117. Narrated Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu It is the Sunna that a person should not pray more than once [13]with a (one) Tayammum and he should perform Tayammum for the next Salat (prayer).
[Reported by Ad-Daraqutni with a very weak chain of narrators][14]

[13] Since Tayammum (purification with soil) is a substitute for ablution, it works the same. Many prayers can be offered with one ablution, in the same way many prayers can be offered with one Tayammum. Some people after performing Tayammum for coition or wet dream hesitate to enter the mosque or to recite the Quran. This is only an evil apprehension and a satanic distraction and should not be cared for. In this Hadith Hasan bin 'Ammar is weak in the chain of narrators. There are two other Ahadith on the same issue and both of them are Da’if (weak).

[14] This Hadith is weak because it was narrated by Hasan bin 'Ammar who was weak, and due to this fact the Hadith scholars did not rely on it, but said that, "Allah has permitted for us the use of soil in the absence of water and since ablution becomes obligatory after passing urine, excreting or releasing air, so is the case of Tayammum."

Source: A b d u r r a h m a n.org
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)   Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 09 - Tayammum (Purification with Soil)
Page 1 of 1