The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain Empty
PostSubject: 5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain   5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:15 pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain:

The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) despatched ‘Al-‘Ala’ bin Al-Hadrami (Radhi Allahu Anhu) to the governor of Bahrain, carrying a letter inviting him to embrace Islam. In reply, Al-Mundhir bin Sawa wrote the following letter:

“Allah’s Messenger! I received your injunctions. Prior to this, I read your letter, which you wrote to the people of Bahrain extending to them an invitation to Islam. Islam appealed to some of them and they entered the fold of Islam, while others did not find it appealing. In my country, there live Magians and Jews, and therefore you may inform me of the treatment to be extended to them.”

The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) wrote the following letter in reply to his:

“In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

From Muhammad, Messenger of Allah to Mundhir bin Sawa.

Peace be on you! I praise Allah with no associate, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Thereafter, I remind you of Allah, the Mighty, the Glorious. Whoever accepts admonition, does it for his own good. Whoever follows my messengers and acts in accordance with their guidance, he, in fact, accepts my advice.

My messengers have highly praised your behaviour. You shall continue in your present office. Give the new Muslims full chance to preach their religion. I accept your recommendation regarding the people of Bahrain, and I pardon the offences of the offenders; therefore, you may also forgive them. Of the people of Bahrain whoever wants to go on in their Jewish or Magian faith, should be made to pay Jizya (poll-tax).”
Back to top Go down

5. A Letter to Mundhir bin Sawa, Governor of Bahrain
Page 1 of 1