The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall Empty
PostSubject: Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall   Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:25 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall (Sutra of the Musalla)

Hadith Number 472.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Once I came riding a she-FLUFFY when I had just attained the age of puberty. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was offering the prayer at Mina with no wall in front of him and I passed in front of some of the row. There I dismounted and let my she-FLUFFY loose to graze and entered the row and nobody objected to me about it.

Hadith Number 473.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out on 'Id day, he used to order that a Harba (a short spear) to be planted in front of him (as a Sutra (*) for his prayer) and then he used to pray facing it with the people behind him and used to do the same while on a journey. After the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), this practice was adopted by the Muslim rulers (who followed his traditions).

An Object like a pillar, wall, stick or spear etc. the height of which should not be less than a foot and must be in front of the praying person to act as a symbolical barrier between him and others.

Hadith Number 474.

Narrated by 'Aun bin Abi Juhaifa (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : I heard my father saying, "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) led us, and prayed a two-Rak'at Dhuhr prayer and then a two-Rak'at 'Asr prayer at Al-Batha' with an 'Anza (planted) in front of him (as a Sutra) while women and donkeys were passing in front of him (beyond that 'Anza)."

Hadith Number 475.

Narrated by Sahl (bin Sa'd) (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The distance between the Musalla of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and the wall was just sufficient for a sheep to pass through.

Hadith Number 476.

Narrated by Salama (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The distance between the wall of the mosque and the pulpit was hardly enough for a sheep to pass through.

Hadith Number 477.
Narrated by 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to get a Harba (a short spear) planted in front of him (as a Sutra) and pray behind it.

Hadith Number 478.

Narrated by 'Aun bin Abi Juhaifa : that he had heard his father saying, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to us at mid-day and water was brought for his ablution. He performed ablution and led us in Dhuhr and 'Asr prayers with an 'Anza planted in front of him (as a Sutra), while women and donkeys were passing beyond it."

Hadith Number 479.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went for answering the call of nature, I and another boy used to go after him with a staff, a stick or an 'Anza and a tumbler of water and when he finished from answering the call of nature we would hand that tumbler of water to him.

Hadith Number 480.

Narrated by Abu Juhaifa : Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came out at midday and offered a two-Rak'at Dhuhr and 'Asr prayers at Al-Batha and an 'Anza (a spear headed stick) was planted in front of him (as a Sutra). He performed ablution and the people took the remaining water left after his ablution and rubbed their bodies with it.

Hadith Number 481.

Narrated by Yazid bin Al 'Ubaid: I used to accompany Salama bin Al-Akwa' and he used to pray behind the pillar which was near the place where the Quran's were kept I said, "O Abu Muslim! I see you always seeking to pray behind this pillar." He replied, "I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) always seeking to pray near that pillar."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall   Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:27 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 482.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I saw the most famous people amongst the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) hurrying towards the pillars at the Maghrib prayer before the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came for the prayer.

Hadith Number 483.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) entered the Ka’bah along with Usama bin Zaid, 'Uthman bin Talha and Bilal and remained there for a long time. When they came out, I was the first man to enter the Ka'ba. I asked Bilal "Where did the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) pray?" Bilal replied, "Between the two front Pillars."

Hadith Number 484.

Narrated by Nafi' : 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) entered the Ka’bah along with Usama bin Zaid, Bilal and 'Uthman bin Talha Al-Hajabi and closed the door and stayed there for some time. I asked Bilal when he came out, 'What did the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) do?' He replied, 'He offered prayer with one pillar to his left and one to his right and three behind.' In those days the Ka'ba was supported by six pillars." Malik said: "There were two pillars on his (the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) right side."

Hadith Number 485.

Narrated by Nafi : "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to make his she-camel sit across and he would pray facing it (as a Sutra)." I asked, "What would the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) do if the she-camel was provoked and moved?" He said, "He would take its camel-saddle and put it in front of him and pray facing its back part (as a Sutra). And Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to do the same." (This indicates that one should not pray except behind a Sutra).

Hadith Number 486.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) : Do you make us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys? While I used to lie in my bed, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) would come and pray facing the middle of the bed. I used to consider it not good to stand in front of him in his prayers. So I used to slip away slowly and quietly from the foot of the bed till I got out of my guilt.

Hadith Number 487.

Narrated by Abu Sa'id (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, (what is ascribed to him in the following... see Hadith 488).

Hadith Number 488.

Narrated by Abu Salih As-Samman: I saw Abu Said Al-Khudri praying on a Friday, behind something which acted as a Sutra. A young man from Bani Abi Mu'ait, wanted to pass in front of him, but Abu Said repulsed him with a push on his chest. Finding no alternative he again tried to pass but Abu Said pushed him with a greater force. The young man abused Abu Said and went to Marwan and lodged a complaint against Abu Said and Abu Said followed the young man to Marwan who asked him, "O Abu Said! What has happened between you and the son of your brother?" Abu Sa'id said to him, "I heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, 'If anybody amongst you is praying behind something as a Sutra and somebody tries to pass in front of him, then he should repulse him and if he refuses, he should use force against him for he is a Satan.'"

Hadith Number 489.

Narrated by Busr bin Said : That Zaid bin Khalid sent him to Abi Juhaim to ask him what he had heard from Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) about a person passing in front of another person who was praying. Abu Juhaim replied, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'If the person who passes in front of another person in prayer knew the magnitude of his sin he would prefer to wait for 40 (days, months or years) rather than to pass in front of him." Abu An-Nadr said, "I do not remember exactly whether he said 40 days, months or years."

Hadith Number 490.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qiblah. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away for I disliked to face him."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall   Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 491.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to pray while I was sleeping across in his bed in front of him. Whenever he wanted to pray Witr, he would wake me up and I would pray Witr.

Hadith Number 492.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), "I used to sleep in front of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) with my legs opposite his Qiblah (facing him); and whenever he prostrated, he pushed my feet and I withdrew them and whenever he stood, I stretched them." ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) added, "In those days there were no lamps in the houses."

Hadith Number 493.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) : The things which annual prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qiblah. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."

Hadith Number 494.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) : (The wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to get up at night and pray while I used to lie across between him and the Qiblah on his family's bed.

Hadith Number 495.

Narrated by Abu Qatada Al-Ansari (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was praying and he was carrying Umama the daughters of Zainab, the daughter of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and she was the daughter of 'As bin Rabi'a bin 'AbduShams. When he prostrated, he put her down and when he stood, he carried her (on his neck).

Hadith Number 496.

Narrated by Maimuna bint Al-Harith (Radhi Allahu Anha) : My bed was beside the praying place (Musalla) of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and sometimes his garment fell on me while I used to lie in my bed.

Hadith Number 497.

Narrated by Maimuna : The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to pray while I used to sleep beside him during my periods (menses) and in prostrations his garment used to touch me.

Hadith Number 498.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys. No doubt I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) praying while I used to lie between him and the Qiblah and when he wanted to prostrate, he pushed my legs and I withdrew them.

Hadith Number 499.

Narrated by 'Amr bin Maimuin: 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "While Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was praying beside the Ka’bah, there were some Quraish people sitting in a gathering. One of them said, 'Don't you see this (who does deeds just to show off)? Who amongst you can go and bring the dung, blood and the abdominal contents (intestines, etc) of the slaughtered camels of the family of so and so and then wait till he prostrates and put that in between his shoulders?' The most unfortunate amongst them ('Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait) went (and brought them) and when Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) prostrated, he put them between his shoulders. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) remained in prostration and they laughed so much so that they fell on each other. A passerby went to Fatima, who was a young girl in those days. She came running and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was still in prostration. She removed them and cursed upon the Quraish on their faces. When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) completed his prayer, he said, 'O Allah! Take revenge on Quraish.' He said so thrice and added, 'O Allah! take revenge on 'Amr bin Hisham, 'Utba bin Rabia, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin'Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, 'Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait and 'Umar a bin Al-Walid." Abdullah added, "By Allah! I saw all of them dead in the battle field on the day of Badr and they were dragged and thrown in the Qalib (a well) at Badr: Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, 'Allah's curse has descended upon the people of the Qalib (well).

Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall Div11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall   Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Nine-Virtues of the Prayer Hall
Page 1 of 1