The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue and performing on behalf of another

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue and performing on behalf of another Empty
PostSubject: Intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue and performing on behalf of another   Intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue and performing on behalf of another EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:36 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Question. No. 7:

Should the intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue? What is the process of this intention if the pilgrim performs Hajj on behalf of another one?

Answer No. 7:

The place of intention is the heart. Its process is that, the pilgrim should intend in his heart that he is performing Hajj on behalf of a person or his brother or some other else. In such a way the intention is made. Nevertheless, it is better to utter his intention by tongue and say: "Oh Allah! I am in Thy presence intending to perform Hajj on behalf of so-and-so" or "Oh Allah! I am in Thy presence intending Umrah on behalf of so-and-so" or "my father or other person, So that the intention is confirmed by utterance. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) uttered the intention of Hajj and Umrah. This indicated the legality of utterance following the Prophet's (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) Sunnah . Thus the companions of the Prophet uttered this, as the Prophet taught them. They uttered it loudly. This is Sunnah. It is sufficient for the pilgrim to make his intention without its utterance by his tongue. He can proceed to perform Hajj rites as his own Hajj, saying "Talbeyah" like other performers of Hajj and Umrah and says: Oh Allah! I'm in Thy presence again and again. I attend Thy presence again and again. There is non like unto Thee. I attend Thy presence again and again. All praise is to Thee, all wealth is Thine, all power and Domain is Thine, Thou hast no partner. Oh Allah! I attend Thy presence again and again, I attend Thy presence. Thou art the true Lord, I attend Thy presence.

So, the main object is that he recites "Talbeyah" just as he recites it for himself without mentioning anyone, but he should mention the person at the beginning of the rites. He should say: "I attend Thy presence again and again intending to perform Hajj on behalf of so-and-so" or "to perform Umrah on behalf of so and so" or I attend Thy presence again and again intending to perform Umrah and Hajj on behalf of so-and-so. This is the best process to follow at the beginning of Ihram with intention.
Back to top Go down

Intention of Ihram be uttered by tongue and performing on behalf of another
Page 1 of 1