The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Five- Book of Bathing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Five- Book of Bathing Empty
PostSubject: Book Five- Book of Bathing   Book Five- Book of Bathing EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Book Five- Book of Bathing (Ghusl)

Hadith Number 248

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) took a bath after Janaba he started by washing his hands and then performed ablution like that for the prayer. After that he would put his fingers in water and move the roots of his hair with them, and then pour three handfuls of water over his head and then pour water all over his body.

Janaba – The state of a person after having sexual discharge either with a person or in a dream. A Muslim is such a state is not allowed to pray or do other kinds of worship unless and until he/she performs Ghusl or Tayammum (dry ablution).

Hadith Number 249

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha) (the wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam)) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) performed ablution like that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. He washed off the discharge from his private parts and then poured water over his body. He withdrew his feet from that place (the place where he took the bath) and then washed them. And that was his way of taking the bath of Janaba.

[bHadith Number 250[/b]

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and I used to take a bath from a single pot called 'Faraq'.

Hadith Number 251

Narrated by Abu Salama (Radhi Allahu Anhu): 'Aisha's brother and I went to ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) and he asked her about the bath of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam). She brought a pot containing about a Sa' of water and took a bath and poured it over her head and at what time there was a screen between her and us.

Hadith Number 252

Narrated by Abu Ja'far: While I and my father were with Jabir bin 'Abdullah, some People asked him about taking a bath He replied, "A Sa' of water is sufficient for you." A man said, "A Sa' is not sufficient for me." Jabir said, "A Sa was sufficient for one who had more hair than you and was better than you (meaning the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam))." And then Jabir (put on) his garment and led the prayer.

Hadith Number 253

Narrated by Ibn ‘Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha) used to take a bath from a single pot.

Hadith Number 254

Narrated by Jubair bin Mutim: Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "As for me, I pour water three times on my head." And he pointed with both his hands.

Hadith Number 255

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah : The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) used to pour water three times on his head.

Hadith Number 256

Narrated by Abu Ja'far: Jabir bin Abdullah said to me, "Your cousin (Hasan bin Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya) came to me and asked about the bath of Janaba. I replied, 'The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) uses to take three handfuls of water, pour them on his head and then pour more water over his body.' Al-Hasan said to me, 'I am a hairy man.' I replied, 'The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) had more hair than you'. "

Hadith Number 257

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): I placed water for the bath of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam). He washed his hands twice or thrice and then poured water on his left hand and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hands over the earth (and cleaned them), rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and both forearms and then poured water over his body. Then he withdrew from that place and washed his feet.

Hadith Number 258

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) took the bath of Janaba (sexual relation or wet dream) he asked for the Hilab or some other scent. He used to take it in his hand, rub it first over the right side of his head and then over the left and then rub the middle of his head with both hands.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Five- Book of Bathing   Book Five- Book of Bathing EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:12 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 259

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): I placed water for the bath of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and he poured water with his right hand on his left and washed them. Then he washed his private parts and rubbed his hands on the ground, washed them with water, rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out, washed his face and poured water on his head. He withdrew from that place and washed his feet. A piece of cloth (towel) was given to him but he did not use it.

Hadith Number 260

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) took the bath of Janaba. (sexual relation or wet dream). He first cleaned his private parts with his hand, and then rubbed it(that hand) on the wall (earth) and washed it. Then he performed ablution like that for the prayer, and after the bath he washed his feet.

Hadith Number 261

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and I used to take a bath from a single pot of water and our hands used to go in the pot after each other in turn.

Hadith Number 262

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) took a bath of Janaba, he washed his hands first.

Hadith Number 263

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and I used to take a bath from a single pot of water after Janaba.

Hadith Number 264

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and one of his wives used to take a bath from a single pot of water. (Shu'ba added to Anas's Statement "After the Janaba").

Hadith Number 265

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): I placed water for the bath of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and he poured water over his hands and washed them twice or thrice; then he poured water with his right hand over his left and washed his private parts (with his left hand). He rubbed his hand over the earth and rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out. After that he washed his face, both fore arms and head thrice and then poured water over his body. He withdrew from that place and washed his feet.

Hadith Number 266

Narrated by Maimuna bint Al-Harith (Radhi Allahu Anha): I placed water for the bath of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and put a screen. He poured water over his hands, and washed them once or twice. (The subnarrator added that he did not remember if she had said thrice or not). Then he poured water with his right hand over his left one and washed his private parts. He rubbed his hand over the earth or the wall and washed it. He rinsed his mouth and washed his nose by putting water in it and blowing it out. He washed his face, forearms and head. He poured water over his body and then withdrew from that place and washed his feet. I presented him a piece of cloth (towel) and he pointed with his hand (that he does not want it) and did not take it.

Hadith Number 267

Narrated by Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir: On the authority of his father that he had asked ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) (about the Hadith of Ibn 'Umar). She said, "May Allah be Merciful to Abu 'Abdur-Rahman. I used to put scent on Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and he used to go round his wives, and in the morning he assumed the Ihram, and the fragrance of scent was still coming out from his body."

Hadith Number 268

Narrated by Qatada, Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).

Hadith Number 269

Narrated by 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I used to get emotional urethral discharge frequently. Being the son-in-law of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) I requested a man to ask him about it. So the man asked the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) about it. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Perform ablution after washing your organ (FLUFFY)."

Hadith Number 270

Narrated by Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir: On the authority of his father that he had asked ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) about the saying of Ibn 'Umar (i.e. he did not like to be a Muhrim while the smell of scent was still coming from his body). ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, "I scented Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives, and in the morning he was Muhrim (after taking a bath)."

Hadith Number 271

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) : It is as if I am just looking at the glitter of scent in the parting of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) 's head hair while he was a Muhrim.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Five- Book of Bathing   Book Five- Book of Bathing EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 272

Narrated by Hisham bin 'Urwa: (On the authority of his father) ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, "Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) took the bath of Janaba, he cleaned his hands and performed ablution like that for prayer and then took a bath and rubbed his hair, till he felt that the whole skin of the head had become wet, then he would pour water thrice and wash the rest of the body." ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) further said, "I and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) used to take a bath from a single water container, from which we took water simultaneously."

Hadith Number 273

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): Water was placed for the ablution of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) after Janaba. He poured water with his right hand over his left twice or thrice and then washed his private parts and rubbed his hand on the earth or on a wall twice or thrice and then rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out arid then washed his face and forearms and poured water over his head and washed his body. Then he shifted from that place and washed his feet. I brought a piece of cloth, but he did not take it and removed the traces of water from his body with his hand."

Hadith Number 274

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the call (Iqama) for the prayer was announced and the rows were straightened. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) came out; and when he stood up at his Musalla, he remembered that he was Junub. Then he ordered us to stay at our places and went to take a bath and then returned with water dropping from his head. He said, "Allahu-Akbar", and we all offered the prayer with him.

Hadith Number 275

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): I placed water for the bath of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and screened him with a garment. He poured water over his hands and washed them. After that he poured water with his right hand over his left and washed his private parts, rubbed his hands with earth and washed them, rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out and then washed his face and forearms. He poured water over his head and body. He then shifted from that place and washed his feet. I gave him a piece of cloth but he did not take it and came out removing the water (from his body) with both his hands.

Hadith Number 276

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever any one of us was Junub, she poured water over her head thrice with both her hands and then rubbed the right side of her head with one hand and rubbed the left side of the head with the other hand.

Hadith Number 277

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) Moses used to take a bath alone. They said, 'By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.' So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes. Moses followed that stone saying, "My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone." Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added, "By Allah! There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating."

Narrated Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) Job (Aiyub) was taking a bath naked, golden locusts began to fall on him. Job started collecting them in his clothes. His Lord addressed him, 'O Job! Haven't I given you enough so that you are not in need of them.' Job replied, 'Yes!' By Your Honor (power)! But I cannot dispense with Your Blessings.'"

Hadith Number 278

Narrated by Um Hani bint Abi Talib (Radhi Allahu Anha): I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) in the year of the conquest of Mecca and found him taking a bath while Fatima was screening him. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "Who is it?" I replied, "I am Um-Hani."

Hadith Number 279

Narrated by Maimuna (Radhi Allahu Anha): I screened the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) while he was taking a bath of Janaba. He washed his hands, poured water from his right hand over his left and washed his private parts. Then he rubbed his hand over a wall or the earth, and performed ablution similar to that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. Then he poured water over his body, shifted from that place, and washed his feet.

Hadith Number 280

Narrated by Um-Salama (Radhi Allahu Anha) (The mother of the believers): Um Sulaim, the wife of Abu Talha, came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Verily Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth. Is it necessary for a woman to take a bath after she has a wet dream (nocturnal sexual discharge)?" Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Yes, if she notices a discharge."

Hadith Number 281

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) came across me in one of the streets of Medina and at that time I was Junub. So I slipped away from him and went to take a bath. On my return the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Abu Hurairah! Where have you been?" I replied, "I was Junub, so I disliked to sit in your company." The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Subhan Allah! A believer never becomes impure."

Hadith Number 282

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) used to visit all his wives in one night and he had nine wives at that time.

Hadith Number 283

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) came across me and I was Junub He took my hand and I went along with him till he sat down I slipped away, went home and took a bath. When I came back. he was still sitting there. He then said to me, "O Abu Hurairah! Where have you been?' I told him about it. The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Subhan Allah! O Abu Hurairah! A believer never becomes impure."

Hadith Number 284

Narrated by Abu Salama: I asked ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) "Did the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) use to sleep while he was Junub?" She replied, "Yes, but he used to perform ablution (before going to bed).

Hadith Number 285

Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) "Can any one of us sleep while he is Junub?" He replied, "Yes, if he performs ablution, he can sleep while he is Junub."

Hadith Number 286

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) intended to sleep while he was Junub, he used to wash his private parts and perform ablution like that for the prayer.

Hadith Number 287

Narrated by 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): 'Umar asked the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) "Can anyone of us sleep while he is Junub?" He replied, "Yes, if he performs ablution."

Hadith Number 288
Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Umar bin Al-Khattab told Allah's Apostle, "I became Junub at night." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Perform ablution after washing your private parts and then sleep."

Hadith Number 289

Narrated by Hisham: As the following Hadith 290.

Hadith Number 290

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When a man sits in between the four parts of a woman and did the sexual intercourse with her, bath becomes compulsory."

Hadith Number 291

Narrated by Zaid bin Khalid AjJuhani: I asked 'Uthman bin 'Affan about a man who engaged in the sexual intercourse with his wife but did not discharge. 'Uthman replied, "He should perform ablution like that for the prayer after washing his private parts." 'Uthman added, "I heard that from Allah's Apostle." I asked 'Ali bin Abi Talib, Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam, Talha bin 'Ubaidullah and Ubai bin Ka'b and a gave the same reply. (Abu Aiylub said that he had heard that from Allah's Apostle) (This order was cancelled later on so one has to take a bath. See, Hadith No. 180).

Hadith Number 292

Narrated by Ubai bin Ka'b (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) about a man who engages in sexual intercourse with his wife but does not discharge. He replied, "He should wash the parts which comes in contact with the private parts of the woman, perform ablution and then pray." (Abu 'Abdullah said, "Taking a bath is safer and is the last order.")

Book Five- Book of Bathing Div10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Five- Book of Bathing   Book Five- Book of Bathing Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Five- Book of Bathing
Page 1 of 1