The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni Empty
PostSubject: You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni   You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni R49-HappiestWoman

It could be a good book overall to have as a reminder but I have a major complaint about it and it is that the ahadith and the stories are not referenced. And for me, it is a No No No , this cannot be done.

Upon deciding to buy a book, one should always look for authenticity. If the ahadith and athars are not referenced, we even do not have a [Bukhari] or [Muslim] and even though I dislike when authors and translators just do that, it is better than nothing.

we, the muslims, are supposed to be the best of the people and the ones upon the truth. We are people of chain of narration. To take them off a book, if they were there before the translation, is unfair because the lay muslim will have a hard time to try to establish authenticity.

There is also another thing that has bothered me in this book, and it is at times, the non muslim woman is depicted as foolish and ignorant. Personally, I would not agree to this. Many non muslim women became muslims and many more will become muslims Inshallah, and I do not think that by calling them foolish and ignorant (and this is the kindest I read) will help. Sure, many are not very decent, nor well educated and surely not well manneured (and the same could be said for every culture under the sun), but many non muslims are decent and well educated too.

Despite all the acclaims this book has received, I would not recommend to buy it (the one I have was a present), even if some of the contents are good, I would not rate this book higher than 4.5 out of ten, mostly because of ahadith and stories not referenced... I do not say, ''do not read it'' , it is freely available online on many sites if one does a search under pdf and ebook, but, due the lack of references, the hardship is upon the reader to establish the authenticity of the stories and the ahadith, do not waste your money on it, rather, give it to charity. It is rather a pity because it could be a good book, some stories are inspirational.

Other readers may have a different opinion, so, please, do post it.
Back to top Go down
http://easelandink.forumotion.com

You can be the Happiest Woman in the World - Dr Aid Al Qarni
Page 1 of 1