The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Is making Dua on Wednesday a Sunnah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Is making Dua on Wednesday a Sunnah Empty
PostSubject: Is making Dua on Wednesday a Sunnah   Is making Dua on Wednesday a Sunnah EmptyWed May 31, 2023 7:16 pm

Bismillah large

The following Dua is circulated a lot mainly on Tuesday evenings or Wednesday morning.

Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah (May Allah Most High be pleased with them both) said, ‘The Messenger of Allah ﷺ supplicated in this mosque, the Mosque of Victory (Fath), on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The supplication was answered for him ﷺ between the Dhuhr and Asr on Wednesday.’ (Sayidina) Jabir said, ‘Whenever anything important or calamitous occurred, I sought out that time and made supplication to Allah (Most High) between the two prayers on Wednesday, and I was answered.’ (al-Adab al-Mufrad, 704).

Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah (May Allah Most High be pleased with them both) said, ‘The Prophet ﷺ supplicated in the Mosque of Victory (Fath) thrice. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The supplication was answered for him ﷺ between the two prayers on Wednesday. Delight was apparent on his ﷺ (blessed) face.’  Jabir said, ‘Whenever anything important or formidable occurred I sought out that time and supplicated in it, and I was answered.’ (Musnad Ahmad, 14563).

Although the Hadith does not state that Dua (prayer) is answered on a Wednesday, we do have an example of this occurring. We also have one of the great Sahabah seeking out that particular time on Wednesday to supplicate.

We also have different Fatawa from the our Scholars.

It will be best to refrain from circulating this Hadith as it is not an established Sunnah and we have numerous Ahadith which are authentic when and where Duas are accepted; which we can circulate. And Allah Knows Best
Back to top Go down

Is making Dua on Wednesday a Sunnah
Page 1 of 1