The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1310

Al-Bara radiyallahu anhu reported: A man equipped with arms came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and asked: "O Messenger of Allah! Should I go and fight or should I embrace Islam first?'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

"Enter in the fold of Islam and then fight.''

He embraced Islam and fought until he was killed. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He accepted Islam for a short time but was rewarded much.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
Sometimes Almighty Allah awards with His Grace and Mercy abundant reward even on small virtues. This Hadith also makes it absolutely clear that a person becomes eligible for reward for his good deeds after embracing the Faith. In the absence of Faith no virtue is acceptable to Allah.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1308  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 2:50 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1311

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"No one who has entered Jannah will desire to return to this world even if he should be given all that the world contains, except a martyr. For he will yearn that he should return to the world and be killed ten times on account of the dignity that he will experience by virtue of his martyrdom.''

Another narration is:

"On account of the excellence and distinction, he will experience as a result of martyrdom.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
The distinction and high status which a martyr will get by virtue of his martyrdom will be such that he will desire to return to the world again and again to lay down his life for the sake of Allah. Except for the martyr, nobody else from the people in Jannah will desire to return to this world for any worldly thing.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1308  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 2:52 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1312

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Allah forgives every sin of a martyr, except his debt.'' [Muslim].

Another narration in Muslim is: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Being martyred in the Cause of Allah expiates for everything, except debt.''

Commentary:
We learn from this Hadith that the rights of people will not be forgiven even by martyrdom, nor would major sins be pardoned. For the forgiveness of major sins one has to make sincere repentance.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1313

Abu Qatadah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa stood up among his Companions and said,

"Jihad in the way of Allah and belief in Allah (with all His Attributes) are the most meritorious of actions.''  

A man stood up and said: "O Messenger of Allah! Inform me if I am killed in the way of Allah, will my sins be blotted out?" The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Yes, in case you are killed in the way of Allah and you remained patient, hopeful of reward, and advancing forward without retracing back (i.e., while fighting).''

Then he said,

"What was your question?''  

He inquired again: "Inform me, if I am killed in the way of Allah, will all my sins be blotted out?'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

"If you remained patient, hopeful of reward and always fought without turning your back upon enemy, everything, except debt, will be forgiven. Jibril has told me this.'' [Muslim].

Commentary:
This Hadith tells us about the great merit and reward of martyrdom that it makes up for the shortcomings of the martyrs. This is, however, subject to four conditions which have been mentioned in the Hadith. The rights of people, such as debt, will not be forgiven. Similarly, major sins will not be pardoned without sincere repentance. Some scholars are of the opinion that debt here means such debt which one does not pay in spite of the fact that he is able to pay it. Such debts which a debtor intends to pay but their payment has been delayed due to the lack of means for it and he dies before paying them, will be hopefully forgiven by the Grace and Mercy of Allah. There are other Ahadith which lend support to this view.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1312  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 2:58 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1314

Jabir radiyallahu anhu reported: A man asked the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa "Tell me where I will be if I am killed while fighting in the way of Allah?'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

"In Jannah.''  

The man threw away the few dates which he had in his hand, jumped into the battlefield and fought on till he was killed. [Muslim]

Commentary:
Sincere intention is bound to be rewarded by Jannah. Such people can be safely given the glad tidings of Jannah.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1312  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:03 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1315

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa and his Companions reached Badr before the polytheists, and when they arrived, he Sallalahu aleihi wa directed:

"Let no one of you advance ahead of me.''  

When the polytheists came near, the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Now stand up and proceed towards Jannah which is as wide as are the heavens and the earth.''

Umair bin Al-Humam radiyallahu anhu asked: "Is Jannah as wide as are the heaven and the earth?'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied in the affirmative. `Umair remarked: "Great!'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked him what had urged him to say so. He replied: "Nothing, O Messenger of Allah! But hope that I might become one of the inhabitants of Jannah.'' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"You will definitely be among them.''

Umair then took some dates out of his quiver and began to eat them, but after a short time he said: "If I survive till I eat my dates, it will mean a long life.'' So he threw away the dates which he had with him and then fought with the enemy till he was killed. [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith brings out the following three points:

1. The importance of the obedience of the leader. Soldiers should wait for the orders of their commander, and should not take any step without his orders.

2. In order to infuse the true spirit of Jihad among the soldiers, they should be told and reminded about the blessings of Jannah so that they fight with enthusiasm and valour for attaining it.

3. The Hadith manifests the love of the Companions of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa for the Hereafter which overwhelmed their interests in the attractions of the life of the world.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:10 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1316

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: Some people came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and said to him: "Send with us some men who may teach us the Qur'an and the Sunnah.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa sent seventy men from the Ansar. They were called Al-Qurra` (the reciters) and among them was my maternal uncle, Haram. They used to recite the Qur'an, ponder over its meaning and learn (its wisdom) at night. In the day, they used to bring water and pour it in pitchers in the Masjid, then they would collect wood and sell it; and with the sale proceeds, they would buy food for the people of As-Suffah and the needy.

The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa sent the reciters with these people but these (treacherous people) fell upon them and killed them before they reached their destination. (While dying) they supplicated: "O Allah convey from us the news to our Prophet that we have met You (in a way), that we are pleased with You and You are pleased with us.'' (The narrator said:) A man attacked Haram from behind and smote him with a spear which pierced him. Whereupon Haram said: "By the Rabb of Ka`bah, I have met with success.

The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said to his Companions,

"Your brethren have been slain and they were saying:  "O Allah! Convey from us to our Prophet the news that we have met You (in a way) that we are pleased with You and You are pleased with us.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
This Hadith mentions the following three points:

1. Through conspiracy infidels took with them seventy Ansari Companions of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa , who were distinguished for studying and teaching the Noble Qur'an, and martyred them in their region. This tragic incident goes to prove that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa did not have the knowledge of the Unseen. Had he possessed this knowledge, he would not have sent his Companions with the infidels. When the Companions of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa realized that they were trapped and there was no chance of their survival, they prayed to Allah to convey their message to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa. Their prayer was answered by Allah Who conveyed their message by means of Wahy (Revelation) to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa. On learning it through Wahy, he Sallalahu aleihi wa informed this tragic incident to his Companions.

2. "As-Suffah'' is a terrace in which people stayed, they had neither any permanent source of income nor any free public kitchen nor was there any arrangement for the supply of their food from individuals. They depended entirely on the Grace of Allah. Every now and then they received some Sadaqah or gift and they all shared it. Some of them would collect firewood and through its sale, raised some money to purchase food for themselves and their Companions.

3. The task of invitation to Islam and dissemination of its teachings is an arduous one. People who undertake this task have to face bitter criticism from their friends and foes, and one has sometimes to lose one's life in this mission. But this is a mission of the Prophets and it should be undertaken by the savants as they are truly worthy of it.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1315  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:17 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1317

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: My uncle Anas bin An-Nadr radiyallahu anhu  was absent from the battle of Badr. He said: "O Messenger of Allah! I was absent from the first battle you fought against the pagans. (By Allah!) if Allah gives me a chance to fight against the pagans, no doubt, Allah will see how (bravely) I will fight.''

On the Day of Uhud, when the Muslims turned their backs and fled, he said, "O Allah! I apologize to You for what these (i.e., his companions) have done, and I denounce what these (i.e., the pagans) have done.'' Then he advanced and Sa`d bin Mu'adh met him. He said: "O Sa`d bin Mu'adh! By the Rabb of An-Nadr, Jannah! I am smelling its aroma coming from before (the mountain of) Uhud,'' Later on, Sa`d said: "O Messenger of Allah! I cannot achieve or do what he (i.e., Anas bin An-Nadr) did. We found more than eighty wounds by swords, spears and arrows on his body. We found him dead and his body was mutilated so badly that none except his sister could recognise him by his finger.''

We used to think that the following Ayah was revealed concerning him and other men of his sort:  "Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah (i.e., they have gone out for Jihad, and showed not their backs to the disbelievers), of them some have fulfilled their obligations (i.e., have been martyred).'' (33:23).

Commentary:
This Hadith has been mentioned earlier. It was clarified there by Imam An-Nawawi that the word "Layarayann-Allahu'' has been mentioned in two forms. The translation given above accords with its first form. In its second form, it means "Allah will manifest to the people what I will do''.

Through these words Anas bin Nadr expressed, in very cautious words, his determination to fight chivalrously but refrained from making any claim or
pretension. Here, we have a lesson that if one intends to do a good deed, he should not make any tall claims about it but do it with his utmost effort when it is time to do it. Almighty Allah will certainly make it manifest to the people.

On the contrary, if one does it for name and fame, the deed will go waste because then it will be suffused with hypocrisy rather than sincerity. For further notes please see the Commentary on Hadith No. 109 Chapter 11.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1318

Samurah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Last night two men (angels) came to me (in a dream) and made me ascend a tree and then admitted me into a nice and excellent house, the like of which I have never seen before. One of them said: `This house is the house of martyrs'.'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa was shown in the dream the high status of martyrs. What he observed in the dreams was true because the dreams of the Prophets are true. The two men who appeared in his dream were the angels, Jibril (Gabriel) and Mika'il. On the behest of Almighty Allah, angels can take the form of men.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1317  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:38 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1319

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: Umm Ar-Rubaiy`i bint Al-Bara', who was the mother of Harithah bin Suraqah, came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and said: "O Messenger of Allah! Will you not tell me about Harithah? (He was killed in the battle of Badr). If he is in Jannah I shall show endurance, but if he has met another fate, I may exert myself in weeping for him.'' He Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

"O mother of Harithah, in the gardens of Jannah there are many ranks, and your son has attained Al-Firdaus, the highest.'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Jannat-ul-Firdaus is the highest portion of Jannah. The allocation of this portion to the martyrs is a proof that Jihad is very much liked by Allah. It occurs in Ahadith that when someone prays to Allah, he should always pray for Jannat-ul-Firdaus.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1317  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:40 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1320

Jabir bin `Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: The dead body of my father, who was mutilated by the enemy, was brought and placed before the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa. I got up to uncover his face but the people stopped me, and the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"The angels continue to cover him with their wings.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
Many of the Companions of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa were treated by the infidels in the battle of Uhud in a beastly manner out of sheer spite and vengeance. But Islam has strictly forbidden its followers from doing any such thing to its enemies. This Hadith mentions the distinction of `Abdullah which he received by virtue of his martyrdom. He was martyred in the battle of Uhud and his dead body was badly mutilated by the enemies. The Hadith also mentions the honour which martyrs receive from the angels that surround their bodies with their wings.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:42 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1321

Sahl bin Hunaif radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He who supplicates Allah sincerely for martyrdom, Allah will elevate him to the station of the martyrs, even if he dies on his bed.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned. See the Commentary on Hadith No. 57 Chapter 4

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:44 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1322

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He who supplicates sincerely for martyrdom, it will be granted to him even though he is not killed on the battlefield.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith tells us the benefit and reward of good intention. It induces one to cherish good intentions and wish for noble deeds. Even if one is not able to fulfill some of them, he will get their reward. For this reason, every Muslim should wish for martyrdom so that he can attain this distinction.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:45 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1323

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"The martyr experiences no more pain in being slain than one of you experiences from the stinging of an ant.'' [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary:
This Hadith tells us how convenient martyrdom has been made by Allah. One who is martyred, feels as much pain in martyrdom as a person ordinarily feels with the sting of an ant.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1322  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:48 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1324

Abdullah bin Abu Aufa (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: On one occasion the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa was confronting the enemy. He Sallalahu aleihi wa  waited until the sun had declined. Then he Sallalahu aleihi wa  stood up to address the people and said,

"O people! Do not wish for an encounter with the enemy. Pray to Allah to grant you safety; (but) when you encounter them, show patience, and know that Jannah is under the shades of the swords.''

Then he Sallalahu aleihi wa said:

"Allahumma munzilal-kitab, wa mujriyas-sahab, wa hazimal-Ahzab, ihzimhum wansurna alaihim (O Allah, Revealer of the Book, Disperser of the clouds, Defeater of the Confederates, put our enemy to rout and support us against them).'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:

1. This Hadith has already been mentioned, and we learn from it that it is better to start war in the afternoon because this was the practice of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa.

2. The desire for war is prohibited, but when war becomes inevitable, one should not show his back to the enemy; rather, one should fight to the best of his ability and be steadfast in it.

3. Along with steadfastness and patience in fighting, one should also pray for victory because all powers lie with Allah and no one can gain victory without His Will. The Hadith also mentions a supplication which one should make when he encounters the enemy.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1322  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:51 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1325

Sahl bin Sa`d radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Supplications at two times are never turned down (or said, "Are seldom turned down''), a supplication after the Adhan has been proclaimed, and a supplication during the battle combating the enemy.'' [Abu Dawud].

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:53 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1326

Anas radiyallahu anhu reported: Whenever the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa set out to participate in Jihad, he would supplicate:

"Allahumma Anta `adudi wa nasiri, bika ahulu, wa bika asulu, wa bika uqatilu (O Allah, You are my Supporter and my Helper. With Your help I get strength, and with Your help I bounce upon the enemy and defeat it, and with Your help I fight).'' [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary:
Along with the physical resources for war, one should also pray for victory, and for that, it is essential that one submits to Allah, remembers Him and seeks His Help. Prayer is a great source of strength and support for a Muslim and he must make full use of it. The Hadith also teaches us what to say when one sets out for Jihad.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1325  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:55 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1327

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari radiyallahu anhu reported: When the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa had any fear of an enemy, he used to supplicate:

"Allahumma inna naj`aluka fi nuhurihim, wa na`udhu bika min shururihim (O Allah! We put You in front of them, and we seek refuge in You from their evils).'' [Ahmad and Abu Dawud].

Commentary:
When one is gripped with fear, he should recite the prayer quoted in the text of this Hadith. Since Allah is the One Who saves from an enemy, one should therefore, pray to Him and beseech His Help.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1325  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:57 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1328

Ibn `Umar (Radhi Allahu Huma) reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"There is goodness in the forelocks of horses till the Day of Resurrection.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary:
The "Khair'', auspiciousness attributed to horses in the Hadith is for those horses which are employed in Jihad, because what Khair, in fact, signifies is return and reward, but war booty is also included in it. From this angle, the breeding of horses is a highly commendable act. The importance of horses for war in the past, needs no elucidation. Even in the present-day world, when the style of war has altogether changed and numerous dangerous weapons have been invented, horses are still playing an important role in the war.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:58 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1329

Urwah Al-Bariqi radiyallahu anhu reported: The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Goodness is tied to the foreheads of horses until the Day of Resurrection, i.e., reward (in the Hereafter) and spoils.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Return and reward is a belated gain while booty is an immediate gain.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:00 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1330

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He who keeps a horse for Jihad purposes, having faith in Allah and relying on His Promise, will find that its fodder, drink, droppings and urine will all be credited to him in his Scales on the Day of Resurrection.'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Thus, this Hadith performs an inducement for horse-breeding for the purpose of Jihad. It is a highly rewarding act because one will be rewarded for whatever he would spend on them and whatever is excreted or discharged by them.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1329  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 2:26 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1331

Abu Mas`ud radiyallahu anhu reported: A man came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa with a she-camel wearing a nose-string and said:

"This is (a gift) in the Cause of Allah.''

The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied,

"You will have in return for it on the Day of Resurrection seven hundred she-camels and every one of them will be wearing a nose-string.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith mentions the reward which will be given on the Day of Resurrection on virtues. Every virtue will be given at least a ten-fold reward but it will go to the extent of seven hundred times or more. Thus, this Hadith has glad tidings of a reward of seven hundred times of a good action.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1329  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 3:00 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1332

Uqbah bin `Amir Al-Juhani radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying from the pulpit,

"Prepare to meet them (the enemy) with as much strength as you can afford. Verily! Strength is in archery, strength is in archery, strength is in archery.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: In accordance with the conditions of his times, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa ordained the Muslims to acquire every possible power and keep it ready for war. Elucidating his order on this point, he stated that by power he meant archery and then he repeated this word three times to stress its importance. He did it because the art of archery had fundamental importance in war at that time. In the present-day world, archery has lost its value as it has been replaced by other inventions like tanks, guns, missiles, atom bombs, etc. Similar is the case of devices which are used in air and naval war, and all these military wares have superb importance in modern warfare. In the present-day context, the injunction of the Noble Qur'an to acquire power means manufacturing and possession of all these devices. It is incumbent on the Muslims that they equip themselves with all this material and show no carelessness in this regard.

In modern times, Muslims have badly neglected this field with the result that non-Muslims have more knowledge of modern warfare and by dint of that they are dominating the world and making a claim of their supremacy all over the world. Unless Muslims pursue the Qur'anic injunctions on this score and acquire greater or equal or at least similar measure and style of power, as is possessed by the non-Muslims, they will not be able to check the onslaught of their enemies, and to defeat them. It is incumbent upon the Muslims to overpower the might and power of the infidels for the glorification of Islam.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 3:02 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1333

Uqbah bin `Amir Juhani radiyallahu anhu reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying,

"Lands shall be laid open to you, and Allah will suffice you (against your enemies), but none of you should neglect practicing his skill in archery.'' [Muslim].

Commentary:
Muslims have been informed through this Hadith that gates of conquest of many regions will be opened on them in future. Almighty Allah will favour them with special help; and because of this help enemies will not be able to cause any harm to them. But it is essential that they should not slack in acquiring the material resources required for war, nor neglect military preparations and exercises. Modern military weapons and new style of warfare have now taken the place of archery, and Muslims should master all of them.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1332  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 3:04 pm

bismillah1

Hadith 1334

Uqbah bin `Amir Al-Juhani radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"He who learnt archery and then neglected it, is not from us.''  (Or said,) "He has been guilty of disobedience (to Messenger of Allah).'' [Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith also stresses the importance of the art of archery to the extent that if a Muslim forgets it after learning without a valid reason, he is excluded from the followers of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa. Now this exhortation applies with equal force to modern military weapons, and if the present-day Muslims lose their command in handling these weapons, they will be exposed to the consequences of which they have been warned in this Hadith, because their training in this field is essential for upholding the Word of Allah and defending the Muslims. If the Muslims lose proficiency in it after acquiring it, they will be guilty of neglecting a very important Islamic obligation.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No.1332  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad   Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Eleven: The Book of Jihad:- Chapter 234 - Obligation of Jihad
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next