The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life   Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am

bismillah4

Chapter 147

Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life

Hadith 911

Aishah radiyallah anha reported: While the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa was reclining against me (during his last illness) I heard him saying:

"Allahumma-ghfirli, warhamni, wa alhiqni bir Rafiqil-A`la (O Allah, forgive me, bestow Your Mercy on me and let me join with the exalted companions.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Most of the `Ulama' believe that Allah is the Sublime Companion (Ar-Rafiq Al-A`la). Ar-Rafiq (the Companion) is one of the Divine Names. Some take it to mean the supreme communion of angels, Prophets, martyrs and the righteous. Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) had prayed to Allah, "... And join me with the righteous.'' (12:101).

At the hour of death, man should cut off his link with the world and unite it with the Hereafter. By seeking Divine forgiveness, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa aimed at moral elevation and abundance of goodness. Otherwise, he was protected by Allah and immune against sinning.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 910 of Chapter 146  pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life   Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 12:09 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 912

Aishah radiyallah anha reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa when he was at the point of death. He had a drinking bowl with water in it. He would dip his hand into the bowl, and wipe his face. Then he Sallalahu aleihi wa  would supplicate,

"O Allah! Help me over pangs and agony of death.'' [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith, too, affirms the Prophet's creatural aspect, that is to say, like other humans he was also overwhelmed by the intensity of illness and felt its agony. In his last days, he suffered from intense fever. In order to decrease the high temperature, he repeatedly wet his right hand with water and passed it over his face. Like all mortals, he too, experienced the agony of the last moments and prayed to Allah for its alleviation and sought His Help.

Sheikh Al-Albani considers the authenticity of this Hadith as deficient. However, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa is authentically reported to have lost consciousness during severe illness. Both the Ahadith of this chapter reveal that man should seek help from Allah at the hour of his departure from this world.

red cherries For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 910 of Chapter 146 pink necklace
Back to top Go down

Chapter 147 - Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life
Page 1 of 1