The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:28 pm

bismillah4

Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc.

Chapter 127

What is to be said at the time of Sleeping

Hadith 814

Al-Bara' bin `Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) reported: Whenever The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa went to bed, he would lie down on his right side and recite:

"Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilaika, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilaika, wa fawwadtu amri ilaika, wa 'alja'tu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, la malja'a wa la manja illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabikal-ladhi anzalta, wa nabiyyikal-ladhi arsalta [O Allah! I have submitted myself to You, I have turned my face to You, committed my affairs to You, and depend on You for protection out of desire for You and out of fear of You (expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment). There is no refuge and no place of safety from You but with You. I believed in the Book You have revealed, and in the Prophet You have sent (i.e., Muhammad ).''
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Before going to bed, a believer revives his commitment to Faith, Islam and Allah by reciting this prayer of The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa. Through this practice, every night he is able to remember Allah and His Commandments amidst the activities of the day time.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:45 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 815

Al-Bara' bin `Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa directed me thus:

"Whenever you go to bed, perform Wudhu' as you do for Salat then (before sleeping) recite: `O Allah! I have submitted myself to You, I have turned myself to You, committed my affairs to You and sought Your refuge for protection out of desire for You and fear of You (expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment). There is no refuge and no place of safety from You but with You. I believe in the Book You have revealed and in the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa You have sent.'''  

The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa added:

"If anyone recites these words and dies during the night, he will die on the true Deen, and if he remains alive till the morning, he will obtain good. And make this supplication your last words (before sleeping).'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 814 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:48 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 816

Aishah radiyallah anha reported: The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa used to offer eleven Rak`ah of optional Salat (prayers) in the latter part of night. When it was about dawn, he would offer two short Rak`ah and then would lie down on his right side till the Mu'adhdhin (one who calls for prayer) would come to inform him that the congregation had gathered (for prayer). [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith throws light on the Prophet's night prayers (Tahajjud), that is, it comprised thirteen Rak`ah including three Rak`ah of Witr. It is also reported in Al-Bukhari on the authority of `Aishah  radiyallahu anhu that The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa would always perform thirteen Rak`ah in the Tahajjud prayer. This Hadith further tells us that after his midnight prayer, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa would perform two Rak`ah of Sunnah (i.e., after the Adhan of Fajr prayer) and then lie down on his right side. This practice of The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa is an established fact.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:55 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 817

Hudhaifah radiyallahu anhu reported: Whenever the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa lay down for sleep at night, he would place his (right) hand under his (right) cheek and supplicate:

"Bismika Allahumma amutu wa ahya [O Allah, with Your Name will I die and live (wake up)].''  

And when he woke up, he would supplicate:

"Al-hamdulillahil-ladhi ahyana ba`da ma amatana, wa ilaihin-nushur (All praise is due to Allah, Who has brought us back to life after He has caused us to die, and to Him is the return).'' [Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: In this prayer of The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa the state of sleep is associated with death, while the state of being awake is associated with life. Furthermore, it conjures up the vision of Doomsday. However, to recite these prayers prior to going to sleep and on getting up was the practice of the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 816 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:59 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 818

Ya`ish bin Tikhfah Al-Ghifari reported: My father radiyallahu anhu  said: I was lying down on my belly in the masjid when someone shook me with his foot and said,

"Lying down this way is disapproved by Allah.''

I looked up and saw that it was the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa. [Abu Dawud].

Commentary: To sleep in prone position is extremely repugnant and The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa has forbidden it.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 816 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping EmptySun May 29, 2016 1:01 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 819

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"Whoever sits in a place where he does not remember Allah (SWT), he will suffer loss and incur displeasure of Allah; and whoever lies down (to sleep) in a place where he does not remember Allah, he will suffer sorrow and incur displeasure of Allah.''[Abu Dawud].

Commentary: In the light of this Hadith, remembrance of Allah is commendable everywhere. Indifference to it doubtless incurs Divine wrath.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping   Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Four: The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting, etc :-Chapter 127-What is to be said at the time of Sleeping
Page 1 of 1