The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)   Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:07 pm

bismillah4

Chapter 85

Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"And fulfill (every) covenant. Verily! The covenant, will be questioned about.'' (17:34)

Hadith 685

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu reported: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,

"The most evil of the people to Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be the man who consorts with his wife and then publicizes her secret.''
[Muslim].

Commentary: Islam treats conjugal union as a sacred and secret act, both in social and moral terms. Indeed, the sanctity of conjugal rights contributes to the consolidation of moral norms and social cohesion. Yet, what passes between wife and husband on the consummation night is usually taken in a light vein in our societies. In the morning, both of them relate their sexual experience to their friends respectively. This is moral indecency which is incompatible with human dignity and civilized behaviour. This Hadith reckons it as a grave sin which must be eschewed. The bed-experience must be kept private by the married couple to the exclusion of a third person.

The Introduction of this Section is explained in the
Video included with Hadith No 681 of the previous section

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)   Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:12 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 686

Abdullah bin `Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) reported: My father `Umar radiyallahu anhu   him) said: When (his daughter) Hafsah radiyallah anha became a widow, I met `Uthman bin `Affan radiyallahu anhu and offered Hafsah for marriage to him. `Uthman said: "I shall think over the matter.'' I waited for a few days and then `Uthman met me and said: "It occurred to me that I should not marry at present.'' Then I met Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu and said to him: "If you are willing, I shall marry my daughter Hafsah to you.'' Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu remained silent and did not utter any word to me in reply. I grew more angry with him than with `Uthman. I had waited for only a few days when The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked for her hand in marriage and I married her to him.

Thereafter, I met Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu  who said, "Perhaps you were angry with me when you offered Hafsah to me and I said nothing in reply.'' I said, "Yes, that is so.'' He said, "Nothing stopped me to respond to your offer except that I knew that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa had mentioned her and I could not disclose the secret of The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.

Had The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa left her, I would have accepted her.''  [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
To keep a secret and not to disclose it to people is the theme of this chapter as reflected in this Hadith. The Hadith has also other points which invite our attention.

Firstly, a man can offer his daughter's hand to a righteous person.

Secondly, it is undesirable for parents to send a message to another party for the wedlock of their daughter when talks with someone else are already continuing in this regard.

Thirdly, if The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa wanted to marry a woman but could not realize his intention for a reason or another, it was permissible for a Muslim to marry her because, juristically speaking, such a woman could not be counted as the Prophet's wife.

red cherries For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 685 pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)   Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:34 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 687

Aishah radiyallah anha reported: On one occasion all the wives of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa were with him when his daughter, Fatimah radiyallah anha who walked after the style of his father, came there. He Sallalahu aleihi wa welcomed her saying,

"Welcome, O my daughter'',

and made her sit on his right side, or on his left side and then whispered something to her at which she wept bitterly. When he perceived her grief, he talked
secretly to her again and she smiled (with happiness).

I said to her: "The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa   chose you from amongst all his wives to speak secretly to you and yet you cried.'' When he left, I asked her, "What did The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa say to you?''

She said, "I will not divulge the secret of The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.''

When the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  passed away, I said to her: "I adjure you by the right I have in respect of you to tell me what The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa had told you.''

She said: "Now (when The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  has died), I will tell you. When he whispered to me the first time, he Sallalahu aleihi wa   told me,

`Jibril (Gabriel) used to listen to my recitation of the Qur'an and then recite it back to me once or twice a year, and this time he has done it twice; and so I perceive that my death is approaching. Then be mindful of your duty to Allah and be patient and steadfast, for I shall be an excellent predecessor for you.'

On this I wept as you saw. When he perceived my distress he talked to me secretly the second time and said,

`O Fatimah, are you not pleased that you will be the chief among the believing women or of this Ummah?'  

This made me smile as you saw.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
This Hadith, too, has an implication for keeping a secret and concealing it from people. Moreover, we learn that one can spontaneously weep over hearing a sorrowful occurrence and also that we should be patient in distress. The Hadith also teaches us not to feel proud upon receiving a blessing. Above all, the excellence of Fatimah radiyallah anha and the advisability of reading the Qur'an are brought into our focus.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)   Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:38 pm

bismillah4

Hadith 688

Thabit radiyallahu anhu reported: Anas radiyallahu anhu said: The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa came to me while I was playing with the boys. He greeted us and sent me on an errand. This delayed my return to my mother. When I came to her, she asked, "What detained you?'' I said; "The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa sent me on an errand.'' She asked, "What was it?'' I said, "It is a secret.'' My mother said; "Do not disclose to anyone the secret of The Messenger of  Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa.'' Anas radiyallahu anhu said to Thabit radiyallahu anhu  By Allah, were I to tell it to anyone I would have told you. [Muslim].

Commentary: Here, too, an emphasis has been laid on keeping a secret. When Anas radiyallahu anhu told his mother about the cause of secrecy, she refrained from insisting that the secret should be disclosed to her. Rather, she lent support to her son's standpoint and advised him to conceal the secret. To be sure, it is part of moral teaching that we should keep the secrets of friends in our hearts. Unless we receive a go-ahead from a friend, we must not make his secret public.

red cherries  For an explanation of this Hadith by Dr Muhammad Salah view the video included in Hadith No. 687   pink necklace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)   Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 85 - Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)
Page 1 of 1