The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Most Merciful shows Mercy to those who have Mercy on Others

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aisha
Librarian.
Librarian.
Aisha

The Most Merciful shows Mercy to those who have Mercy on Others Empty
PostSubject: The Most Merciful shows Mercy to those who have Mercy on Others   The Most Merciful shows Mercy to those who have Mercy on Others EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm

As Salamu Alaikum 

The Most Merciful shows Mercy to those who have Mercy on Others Mercy10

The Islamic Network - www.islaam.net

Thursday, 29 Rajab 1435 AH / 29th May 2014 CE

by Muhammad Musa Nasr

Translated by Isma'îl alarcon
The Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) once kissed Al-Hasan Ibn `Alee (i.e. his grandson) while Al-Aqra' Ibn Haabis was in his presence. So Al-Aqra' said to him: " You kiss your children. I swear by Allaah, I have ten children and I never kissed any one of them!" So the Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said: "He who doesn't show mercy (to others) will not be shown mercy (by Allaah)." Verily, mercy - in our religion - encompasses this world and the hereafter, as well as mankind, animals, birds, and the surrounding habitats.
Allaah says:

"And My mercy encompasses every thing."

Allaah has described Himself with mercy and He has also described His prophets and righteous servants with it. Allaah says:

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) and those who are with him are severe against the disbelievers and merciful to one another."

Allaah has made his sending forth of the Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) as a mercy to all of creation, as He says:

"And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a mercy to the worlds."

The word "worlds" (`aalameen) is general and thus includes the world of the humans, the world of the jinn, the world of the animals and the world of the birds, as well as the nations found on land and the nations found on sea.

And indeed Allaah has commanded that mercy be applied to every thing and in every action. So even when you slaughter you sacrificial animal, you show mercy to it by saying Bismillaah and by sharpening your sword (so that it will be a quick and painless death). The Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said:

"Verily Allaah has prescribed Ihsaan (goodness) for everything. So when you slaughter, then slaughter in a good manner, and when you kill (in war), then kill in a good manner. And let each of you sharpen his blade and let him spare the animal he slaughters from suffering."

And Allaah indeed forgave one prostitute from the Jews who showed mercy to a dog that was dying from thirst. She filled her shoe with water and then taking hold of the dog's mouth, she gave it the water to drink. So Allaah was thankful to her for what she did and forgave her sins.

And once our Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) saw one of his Companions grab the baby of a lark, and it began screeching over the heads of the Companions. So he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said: "Who bereaved this (lark) of her child? Return her children back to her!"

The more weak and poor a human being is, the more required we are of showing mercy to him. And being gentle with him is what is most incumbent. This is why our Lord has forbidden us from oppressing the orphan. Allaah says: "Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression. And do not repel the beggar."

The Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said:

"The person that looks after and supports the widow and the needy one is like the mujaahid (one who makes Jihaad) in the Cause of Allaah."

And he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) would rub the head of the orphan and say:

"I and the guardian of an orphan will be like this in Paradise - and he SAWS gestured with his index and middle finger."

Indeed he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) commanded us to take care of the children and the women and the elders. Thus, in his last words to his Companions and his nation, he said:

"The prayer and what your right hands possess." "Take good care of the women (i.e. wives)."

And he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said:

"The best of you is the best to his wives. And I am the best amongst you with my wives."

Mercy is something innate, which Allaah has placed into the hearts of (all) His creatures, even the lions - the most dangerous of them - for they are merciful to their children. Yet Allaah is more merciful to His creation than a mother is to her child. That is why on the day that He created mercy, He created one hundred parts to it. And He left ninety-nine parts with Him, by which He will show mercy to His servants on the Day of Judgement, and sent down one single part of mercy to earth, which humans and animals share amongst themselves.

The Messenger of Allaah (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) has condemned the person that is void of any mercy and who doesn't attain a large amount of it. This is why he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) condemned the one who breaks family ties. He (sala Allahu `alihi was- Salaam) said:

"Kinship is connected to the Throne (`Arsh). It says: `Whoever severs me, then break (away from) him. And whoever maintains me, then keep connected to him."

And in one narration:

"Verily, the kinship will be connected to the Throne of the Most Merciful on the Day of Judgement. It will say: `This is the place for the one who sought refuge in You from the severing (of family ties).' So Allaah will say to it: `Will it please you that I connect those who maintained you and that I cut off those who severed you?' And it will say: `I will be pleased (with that), my Lord.'"

And he (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) condemned the oppressive leaders who do not show mercy to their people, by saying:

"The worst leaders are the cruel oppressive ones (al-hutamah)."

And Allaah has named Himself Ar-Rahmaan and Ar-Raheem, so he is the Most Merciful of this world and the Hereafter (i.e. Ar-Rahmaan) and the bestower and giver of mercy (i.e. Raheem). This is why He has commanded it in every place and in every situation. The Muslim begins his action by saying Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem so that Allaah can bless him in his action. So every action that is void of mercy, then there is no blessing in it, nor any good. And the servants of Allaah showing mercy towards one another is a cause for Allaah sending His mercy down on them.

The Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) said:

"The Most Merciful shows mercy to those who have mercy on others. Show mercy to those on earth, and the One above the heaven will show mercy to you."

O Allaah, have mercy on us above the earth and below the earth and on the Day when our deeds will be presented to us. And cause us to be merciful to one another just as the Companions of Your Prophet (sala Allahu `alihi was-Salaam) were. And have mercy on our dead ones and put those who have mercy from amongst Your servants in charge over us O Rahmaan O Raheem!

Source: Al-Asaalah Magazine (No. 21, pg. 17-19)

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1380&category=140
Back to top Go down
http://easelandink.com

Page 1 of 1