The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab)   Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:06 pm

bismillah4 

Chapter I
Good Manners (Adab)

1481. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "A Muslim has six duties towards other Muslims:
1.When you meet him, you should salute him;
2. When he invites yon, accept his invitation;
3. When he asks for your advice, give it to him;
4. When he sneezes and praises Allah, say 'May Allah have mercy on you;'
5. When he is ill, visit him; and
6. When he dies follow his funeral." Related by Muslim.

red rose1 

1482. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Look at those who are lower than you (financially) but do not look at those who are higher than you, lest you belittle the favors Allah conferred upon you." Agreed upon.

red rose1

1483. An-Nawwas bin Saman radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'I asked the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  about virtue and sin and he replied. "The essence of virtue is (manifested in) good morals (Akhlaq) whereas sinful conduct (445) is that which turns in your heart (making you feel uncomfortable) and you dislike that it would be disclosed to other people." Related by Muslim.

445.A sin could be that action, which should a person commit it, he would be subjected to punishment according to Islamic Shari’ah . A sin in this Hadith refers to that action, which a person does not feel comfortable about doing, even though it is not explicitly prohibited by the Shari 'ah; it is not definitely lawful or acceptable and one fears that Allah will punish him for doing it, even if people cannot see him. 1t is better in this case to avoid it.  

red rose1

1484. Ibn Mas'ud radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said. "When three of you get together in company, two of you must not talk privately while isolating the third, so as not to make him feel sad (that he is left out) till you mingle with other people (i.e. you are joined by others)." Agreed upon and the wording is from Muslim.

red rose1

1485. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "A man should not ask another man to get up from his place in order to take his seat. But you should make room for each other and spread out." Agreed upon.

red rose1

1486. Ibn' Abbas radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said. "When one of you eats, he must not wipe his hand till he licks it, or gives it to someone else to lick (such as a wife, husband, etc) (446)." Agreed upon.

446 The reason for this is explained in another Hadith as the Messenger of Alalh Sallalahu aleihi wa said. "You never know which portion of your food is blessed (has Barakah) It is not meant to be obligatory as most scholars say rather it is just preferable or recommended for the intended good.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab)   Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm

bismillah4 

1487. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "The young should salute the old, the one who is passing by should salute the one who is sitting, and the small group of people should salute the larger one." Agreed upon.

In a version by Muslim, "And the one who is riding should salute the one who is walking."

red rose

1488. Ali radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "When a group of people passes by, it is sufficient if one of them gives a salutation, and it is sufficient for those who are sitting that one of them replies." (447)  Related by Ahmad and Al-Baihaqi.

447. Greeting with Salam or  responding to Salam (the Muslim greeting), is a collective duty, thus if one greets or answers the greeting then the obligation or duty is met on behalf of the rest.

red rose

1489. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Do not initiate the saluting of Jews and Christians (when you meet them), and if you meet any of them on the road, force him to go to the narrowest part of the road (i.e. do not give way for them to pass, but keep going)."(448) Related by Muslim.

448.When the Jews used to meet the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  in Madinah, they used to say to him As-Sam Alaykum instead of saying “As-Salamu Alaykum”. The word as-Sam means death in Arabic so the Jews instead of answering back the salutation of the Muslims, which is peace be upon you, they used to wish the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  death.  

red rose

1490. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "When one of you sneezes, he should say, “Alhamdulillah”  (Praise is to Allah) and his (Muslim) brother should say to him, “Yarhamuka Allah” (May Allah have mercy on you). When he says this to him (the last phrase), he should  reply, “Yadikum Allah” (May Allah guide you) and grant you well being." Related by Al-Bukhari.

red rose

1491. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "None of you should drink while standing.” (449) Related by Muslim.

449. It is not meant to be prohibited to drink water while standing, rather it is disliked as it is narrated by Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  drank from the well of Zamzam while he was standing.

red rose

1492. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "When one of you puts on his shoes, he should put on the right one first and when he takes them off, he should take off the left one first, so that the right one should be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."(450) Agreed upon.

450. Any honorable act in Islam is always done with the right hand or starts with the right side, such as salutation. eating getting dressed, making ghusl, combing one's hair. On the other hand, acts like cleaning the private parts after going to the toilet is done with the left hand.  

]
red rose

1493. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "None of you should walk with one shoe, but should either wear them both or take them both off." Agreed upon.

red rose

1494. Ibn Umar  radiyallahu anhu   narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Allah will not look on the Day of Judgment at him who lets his garment drag on the ground out of pride and arrogance." Agreed upon.

red rose

1495. Ibn  Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "When one of you eats he should eat with his right hand, and when he drinks he should drink with his right hand, for the devil eats and drinks with his left hand." Related by Muslim.

red rose

1496. Amro bin Shu’aib narrated on the authority of his father, on the authority of his grandfather radiyallahu anhu that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Eat, drink, wear clothes and give Sadaqah but with neither extravagance nor pride." Related by Abu Dawud and Ahmad.
Back to top Go down

Chapter 0I-Good Manners (Adab)
Page 1 of 1